Deep Water Culture/DWC DIY Creations

Another version of buckets. Modified hydrofarm waterfarm system.

5 gallon bucket, $5 w/lid
Lid with holes or pot lid $5 pot lid
Growstones laying around
Hydrofarm bucket parts bag, $15-- contains drip ring, tubing, air hose, drain
Airstones $2
Airpump $10
Small fish pump, note can use the airpump for a dripper instead. $15

I like the buckets because I grow a few varieties at the same time and can adjust the nutes for each variety. I build these buckets with fishpump for about $50. The hf buckets go for about $65 without a pump. With some of the better parts I have now like airpumps, and such the price another bucket would run me about $40. I have run the buckets just with airpumps drip system and they work great that way to, so the fishpump is totally optional. I have also made a cloner out of a 5 gallon bucket with similar parts but just add sprayers to the drip ring, and use a different lid for clones.

Of course it will take some elbow grease to put together and some tools. 3/4" drill bit, holesaw if using a plain lid to drill 2-3" holes. If using a pot-net lid then only one 3/4" hole needs to drilled in the bottom of the bucket for the drain tube. Done with tools, just assemble the hoses and tubes.

Another version of buckets. Modified hydrofarm waterfarm system.

5 gallon bucket, $5 w/lid
Lid with holes or pot lid $5 pot lid
Growstones laying around
Hydrofarm bucket parts bag, $15-- contains drip ring, tubing, air hose, drain
Airstones $2
Airpump $10
Small fish pump, note can use the airpump for a dripper instead. $15

I like the buckets because I grow a few varieties at the same time and can adjust the nutes for each variety. I build these buckets with fishpump for about $50. The hf buckets go for about $65 without a pump. With some of the better parts I have now like airpumps, and such the price another bucket would run me about $40. I have run the buckets just with airpumps drip system and they work great that way to, so the fishpump is totally optional. I have also made a cloner out of a 5 gallon bucket with similar parts but just add sprayers to the drip ring, and use a different lid for clones.

Of course it will take some elbow grease to put together and some tools. 3/4" drill bit, holesaw if using a plain lid to drill 2-3" holes. If using a pot-net lid then only one 3/4" hole needs to drilled in the bottom of the bucket for the drain tube. Done with tools, just assemble the hoses and tubes.

That dog'll hunt.
Simple, clean and mean. Lights next.

One quick note: We just built an enclosable grow plot on an old adjustable bed frame. Door, with T-8 lights on all four door/walls plus an adjustble roof light , with mylar type bubble pack sheet insulation behind lights on all wall and roof lighting.
Thw roof T-8 set-up is removable so that the HPS light can be put in top of plot for veg along with replacing bulbs on walls with T-8 3,000 k lamps. (veg T-8s are 6500 k)
Thw neat thing is the hot air removal system- ;pull the heat out of the topenclosed canopy area which draws cool air from beneath the Rollable Grow Plot.
Will send pictures when time allows.

The nice thing is that it's totally enclosed and ahs light from bottom to top and is movable. And you can dismantle it with ease.
J

Thanks for posting the lnks that will veryone greatly, I meant to post it, but was a little worried about the site policy on providing links.

Thanks Purpdaddy Though I would like to take credit I can not, it was posted by Theanswerto1984is1776 where he also posted pic's & links to plans.

HAHAH yea i saw one for 900.00!!!! Made just like that..i was damn...if people would just do a lil research,its amazing what our minds can come up with!
You very well could market that easily.. it make about 10 and put em on ebay..
nice setup bro
Do the sprayers pray 360 degrees?

Yes it uses EZ clone sprayers which are 360 degrees. Sooooooo easy to make its almost ridiculous!!

Here is a few pics of my current project. I was halfway done with it when I realized I didn't buy enough PVC fittings to complete it. Guess I'm going back to the hardware store again! It is a variation if the Stinkbud flower unit, but with my custom touch. The smaller pvc running into the 4" pvc is the sprayer manifold. It has one EZ clone sprayer per plantsite. Each 4" pvc section will have 7 plantsites, totaling 14 sites between the two. As the nutrient mixture sprays the roots, gravity will take the water back down into the reservior. This is setup so I can take the 2 inch netcup, with plant, from my cloner and stick it right right into the flower unit. I will finish tommorow and post some complete pics with more detail.

Bubble2_445.jpg

Bubble2_446.jpg

Here is a few pics of my current project. I was halfway done with it when I realized I didn't buy enough PVC fittings to complete it. Guess I'm going back to the hardware store again! It is a variation if the Stinkbud flower unit, but with my custom touch. The smaller pvc running into the 4" pvc is the sprayer manifold. It has one EZ clone sprayer per plantsite. Each 4" pvc section will have 7 plantsites, totaling 14 sites between the two. As the nutrient mixture sprays the roots, gravity will take the water back down into the reservior. This is setup so I can take the 2 inch netcup, with plant, from my cloner and stick it right right into the flower unit. I will finish tommorow and post some complete pics with more detail.

Bubble2_445.jpg

Bubble2_446.jpg
Does the tubes fill with the nute solution or flow through the them and then back in the res?

Nice set-up there Theanswerto1984is1776! +Rep and I can hardly wait to see it in action.

:peace:

I thought I'd add a little device I put together I nicknamed TinyBubbles V4.20. It's a 1 plant setup and walk away seed starting system, sounds neat huh? lol, so far I've only started 1 trainwreck seed with it, and a few veggies, but it's 100% success rate at the moment!

I don't have to hand water, it's quiet, it works on it's own and it was basically free. It's the best thing ever for the lazy. I actually put it together to clone my basil, it worked amazing for that as well!

I soak the rockwool overnight in a 6.0 ph'd water, and in a different cup i drop in my seed to 6.0 ph'd water. 24 hr/s later I put a layer of hydroton on the bottom of my dixie cup with holes, set the rockwool onto hydroton in cup, pop seed in rockwool, stuff with hydroton, pop on the dome hit the lights and in 3 days seed sprouts, 3 days later...This:

tw21.jpg

twday3.jpg

tw11.jpg

tinybubbles.jpg

tinybubbles2.jpg

I thought I'd add a little device I put together I nicknamed TinyBubbles V4.20. It's a 1 plant setup and walk away seed starting system, sounds neat huh? lol, so far I've only started 1 trainwreck seed with it, and a few veggies, but it's 100% success rate at the moment!

I don't have to hand water, it's quiet, it works on it's own and it was basically free. It's the best thing ever for the lazy. I actually put it together to clone my basil, it worked amazing for that as well!

I soak the rockwool overnight in a 6.0 ph'd water, and in a different cup i drop in my seed to 6.0 ph'd water. 24 hr/s later I put a layer of hydroton on the bottom of my dixie cup with holes, set the rockwool onto hydroton in cup, pop seed in rockwool, stuff with hydroton, pop on the dome hit the lights and in 3 days seed sprouts, 3 days later...This:

Hey, check out this mini bubbler I made a while back for cloning..

IMG_05002.JPG

IMG_05031.JPG

IMG_05012.JPG

IMG_05002.JPG

not as clean as yours lol.

Hey, right on StGeneZiz. I'm diggin that patron box as the light cover! I bought a sh bucketeer to get my hands wet in DWC, and ended up using it as an empty bucket to hold my lids for all my DIY reservoirs. DIY stuff is just cooler imo...when it works! lol

You got that right, I thought about buying a massive ebb n flo system when I first started out but after reading Roseman's tutorials and gettin sum help from tha Deep Water Culture I built my own and I will never go back! There's something too gratifying about building your grow from the ground up to fit your needs. For example, I use a ten gallon tub that is shallow but wide, and I love it! I never even saw a prebuilt system online that offered shallow, wide, tubs!

tw21.jpg

twday3.jpg

tw11.jpg

tinybubbles.jpg

tinybubbles2.jpg

The Mini-Hempy Bucket!:bravo:

loving the DYI's guys. ill have to start takeing pics of my new project and post it up when im done. building a smaller version of the aquamist table. i know its not growing with bubbles, but i love toying with new things. right now im running a mini stink bud system and i must say its works great, but i want to try and replicate a mini seemorebuds grow.

Back
Top Bottom