Deep Water Culture: First Grow

Schumi

So I'm new to this forum and thought I'd give it a try. Experienced grower with soil medium but I have started a new adventure in DWC. I'm using Green House Seed company powder nutes that work like flipping magic in soil. My baby is 13 days from seed and I have no idea what strain I'm growing it's apparently a surprise that my mate has genetically bred (A lekker South African landrace and some Foreign influence - kush)
My PH is between 5.6 and 6 and will increase between 6 and 6.5 for flower.
Lighting im using up 155w which consist of a 85w CFL and a 70wHPS (lux reading of 9500) nothing too big as I'm still 50/50 on hydro
Room is cooled and well ventilated.
Indoor grow.

Really need a few buddies to grow with that can teach me new tricks on the grow and visa versa.
420-magazine-mobile650160079.jpg
420-magazine-mobile420064571.jpg
420-magazine-mobile537021499.jpg

420-magazine-mobile267173102.jpg

Schumi

Found ya, and sub'ed up.

Could we see what the roots look like inside the bucket?

Will be back around 6pm (an hour from now) and I'll make sure I post a pic of the roots. It's in week 3 now but not sure on growth speed but the roots are shooting so I think it's now time to grow.

Found you. genius title. I'm all in and would be happy to help. Click my signature and take a minute to check out my grow to see my DWC setup and experience. I'm a simple super store storage tote, airstone aquarium air pump net pots, hydroton, peat plugs and pH monitor. I have a 48 watt LED panel and exhaust fan with charcoal filter. Super easy if you can read and follow instructions.

Gauge

Hay hay guys this is starting to get cool haha thanks for the replies and the find good to know people still stick to there word. So iv lit one up and unwinding from the day and as promised here are the roots and the days growth. Note the brown on the top of roots is not root rot it's probiotics that I get from an EM1 farm in Limpopo South Africa. My home..yeah buddy all the way for the SA. I'm gana have a look at your grows now guys.
420-magazine-mobile1610649644.jpg
420-magazine-mobile560969199.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1308558438.jpg

Roots are developing nicely for the size of the plant. That fishbone look is what you want.

Off topic but being in South Africa, have you ever heard of a singer named "Sugarman"?

Roots are developing nicely for the size of the plant. That fishbone look is what you want.

Off topic but being in South Africa, have you ever heard of a singer named "Sugarman"?

Never heard of that singer bud sorry, is he any good? Thanks for the feedback really appreciate it I'll keep posting and keep checking in.

Schumi

Hay hay guys this is starting to get cool haha thanks for the replies and the find good to know people still stick to there word. So iv lit one up and unwinding from the day and as promised here are the roots and the days growth. Note the brown on the top of roots is not root rot it's probiotics that I get from an EM1 farm in Limpopo South Africa. My home..yeah buddy all the way for the SA. I'm gana have a look at your grows now guys.
420-magazine-mobile1610649644.jpg
420-magazine-mobile560969199.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1308558438.jpg
Why top feed? I have always wondered? Anybody?

Gauge

I know top feeding is necessary until the roots hit the water, now you have me wondering too.
Nah,
I use a little peat plug and hydroton and just raise the level of your solution to the bottom of your net pots to barely keep the peat moist. Once the roots have made their way into the res, I lower the solution to about an inch below the pots. Once I got a good bundle maybe 2-3 inches

420-magazine-mobile1159506052.jpg

That root mass is one plant done that way.

Gauge

I do mine exactly the same way as you but I start in soil then transplant to the rdwc with the level 1 inch above the bottom of the pots then lower to 1.5 inches below.
MG_95602.jpg
Looks great. Huge! I start peat pots in a solo cup, then into the bubble tub. Easy squeezy.
Thanks for the tip.

Gauge.

Why top feed? I have always wondered? Anybody?

Gauge

I used the top feed to start the root growth when I transplanted into DWC at first. It helps supply the roots with small amounts of nutes and of course oxygenated water to ad the process. Once the roots shot out the bottom I just let her be and switched it off. Never really took the damn thing out but will do so at Water change next week

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom