Deep Water Culture. I'm Sold! Could Use Some Help Though

BWC BayArea

Member of the Month: 3rd Place Winner
First off I know very little of hydro. The majority of the hydro knowledge I have comes from reading books, threads, and posts. I've been debating on running one of these set ups and now I've decided that I will. I saw a newbs with a setup that was so simple with plants to big I had to just stand therre in awe for a second. I wanna do something similar to this llink, but larger for less plants>DIY DWC Cloning Tutorial - Easy Cloning. This one was kinda cool too>Hydro Bucket Construction So here's what I'm asking. If u have a journal or thread with decent pics and step by step DIY instructions please respond. Any common mistakes that newbs to DWC have please let me know b4 hand. I have been searching this site for DWC info (even had to flip the search of this site with and outside search engine) and there isn't very much useful info for keyword DWC (0 results), deep water culture (brings up results for every word in the acronym). I plan to change this, but I'd like the help of this community in doing so. I saw a lot of good info from Urdedpal. Anyone else have any info to contribute? It would be greatly appreciated. I will be using a Rubbermaid tub unless I find some thing better. So lets hear it stoners, experts, and inventors (I mean OBX lol).

Re: Deep Water Culture. I'm Sold!! Could Use Some Help Though

Here goes my 2 cents worth. DWC is my favorite along with aeroponics. I used DWC single bucket similar to strats. I had a 5 gallon bucket with a 10" net pot bucket lid with hydroton. Sorry I had no pics but I had great results with dwc single 5 gallon bucket system. As you know the plants roots will grow into the nutrient solution which is aerated by an outside air pump & diffuser. I used Ducth masters gold with my dwc wich was great. I know if I had 6 to 8 single 5 gallon buckets(under 2 400 watters) that I could easily pull off 2-4 ounces per bucket given the right strain. After using dwc I was sold and never went back to soil. I hope this gives you some kind of info.

Re: Deep Water Culture. I'm Sold!! Could Use Some Help Though

Thanks skyrocket. What strain? What height did u begin flowering? How tall did ur plants finish? Any problems with the roots blocking the airstones?

The strain was G13 Labs "Skunk #1." I'm not sure the height I began flowering at but I think I vegged it for 30 to 35 days and I think my plant was about 4 to 5 ft tall. I had one airstone in the bucket. The roots got crazy toward the end of the flowering period wich was only 8 weeks so I didn't have no problems with the rotts blocking the airstone.

First off I know very little of hydro. The majority of the hydro knowledge I have comes from reading books, threads, and posts. I've been debating on running one of these set ups and now I've decided that I will. I saw a newbs with a setup that was so simple with plants to big I had to just stand therre in awe for a second. I wanna do something similar to this llink, but larger for less plants>DIY DWC Cloning Tutorial - Easy Cloning. This one was kinda cool too>Hydro Bucket Construction So here's what I'm asking. If u have a journal or thread with decent pics and step by step DIY instructions please respond. Any common mistakes that newbs to DWC have please let me know b4 hand. I have been searching this site for DWC info (even had to flip the search of this site with and outside search engine) and there isn't very much useful info for keyword DWC (0 results), deep water culture (brings up results for every word in the acronym). I plan to change this, but I'd like the help of this community in doing so. I saw a lot of good info from Urdedpal. Anyone else have any info to contribute? It would be greatly appreciated. I will be using a Rubbermaid tub unless I find some thing better. So lets hear it stoners, experts, and inventors (I mean OBX lol).

Hey BWC! I'm starting to think I better get off my lazy ass and get going on a How-To for my DWC Bubbler Tub technique. There seems to be some interest in this area and I'm on my 17-20th grow using this method. I never kept track but I've been doing it for the last nine years a couple of grows a year on average.

Check out my current grow and if you look for all my posts there are gems scattered throughout.

That's how I plan on getting a lot of info for the How-To. It'll save a lot of typing.

Right now the wife is tapping her foot waiting for me to install the new water pump in the washing machine so our clothes don't start a grow of their own! lol

Feel free to PM me if you have anything specific to ask but I'll get going on the How-To ASAP. Like today.

:peace:

good info Labrat!! I was going to answer for BWC but I like your deal mo better......
BWC....that system is pretty foolproof and works well

Hey labrat, you look like your in some need of help from the Deep Water Culture, we are a group of DWC growers that migrated here from another site, and have extended experience in the ways of Deep Water Culture

Diy Deep Water Culture - Marijuana Growing

Now I want you to go to this link/thread and look up all the information your mind can handle before its blown, then sit back and keep reading. and best of luck, get in touch with myself or The Roseman if you have any questions whatsoever on how to grow DWC style

High there ACGrow-Brain.

I developed my method about nine years ago on my own so I could have an easy and trouble free method of growing my own. I wrote to Ed Rosenthal back then and wasn't very encouraging but I think I've shown otherwise. I see no benefit to adding an extra pump to my system and IMHO it just adds another layer of complication. I get quick and massive root growth without it. If you care too, peruse my grow journal and note the time frame. I'd like to see some journals using the extra pump to see if it would be worth it. If it makes a noticeable difference I might be convinced to try it.

As for needing help, I'm not afraid to ask for it when I do. :peace:

I definitely recommend following LabRat's grow - you will not find an easier method for the results.

I might try to adapt some of what I'm doing to more of a DWC to get the best of both in the next grow.

Lab, I didnt mean to direct that at you. I was just saying Hey and hello to you mate, not saying you needed advice, because you werent asking for it. It was directed towards the OP, but yes I did check into your stuff before I posted labrat and I definitely like your clean and organized setup, it brings to mind an aeroponic perpetual grow I have planned soon.

hey bwc. i grow in a 5 gal bucket with 3 air stones. you dont need three but the more bubbles the better imo. here is my grow and i think there is some pics of the basic setup. i bought my first setup from sh. and after i saw how easy it was to make i made my own. all you really need is a bucket, an air pump, some airline, an air stone, a net pot , and a drill. you can make a complete bucket bubble system for around $25- $30. i dont use a water pump or feeder tubes or any of that stuff. just bubbles and i get great results.. check it out
My First Grow in DWC!

I tried DWC but gave up on it. I liked the ease of using 5 gal. buckets. I could mix nutes in another bucket beforehand and just change out the buckets to do a res change. The problem that I encountered was heat buildup in the bucket. I even tried sitting the bucket in front of an A/C unit, but the heat from the 1000 watt HPS would heat my nutes to 85 degrees. It didn't take long for the plants to show the heat stress, so I gave up on using that method. I'm sure it would work for me if I had smaller wattage lamps.

Back
Top Bottom