Deep Water Culture site quantity question!

dgo91619

I currently and just running soil. I have been doing some research on the DWC systems & have seen a lot of people pull off some nice grows with some busted genetics! The largest DWC setup I found was on amazon, a 32 site. Do larger systems exist or would this be a matter of diy/custom order? Another question, does this setup seem quality?

C.A.P. The Quad Pod - Deep Water Culture System - 32 Plants
41D67Tp8EmL_SY450_.jpg

I run two 600w HPS and a 400w HPS, air intake & exhaust to ceiling and have AC worked in.

Thank you I appreciate anything anyone has to pass along. :cheer:

There is one issue I have with multi plant tubs that you need to consider. Overcrowding. With 8 plants per tub you really have to flip them early imho to keep them small or the overcrowding will inhibit them tremendously.

For some people, they are limited also to # of plants they can grow per state law for mmj and they need to get enough yield to last the grow to harvest periods. As such, they may be limited (like me) to say 4 plants in flower. With 60-70 days of flowering period, 6-8oz from 4 plants may not be enough. I know it isn't for me as I use it in edibles to treat my mother. (canabudder)

There is one issue I have with multi plant tubs that you need to consider. Overcrowding. With 8 plants per tub you really have to flip them early imho to keep them small or the overcrowding will inhibit them tremendously.

For some people, they are limited also to # of plants they can grow per state law for mmj and they need to get enough yield to last the grow to harvest periods. As such, they may be limited (like me) to say 4 plants in flower. With 60-70 days of flowering period, 6-8oz from 4 plants may not be enough. I know it isn't for me as I use it in edibles to treat my mother. (canabudder)

Thank you. I did a bit more research the other night. I am going to just make a larger scale DIY 5gal bucket system. The overcrowding of the roots and the massive water tubs seemed they will pose a large problem.

If anyone has any input on this it would be much appreciated!

-Dgo91619

dgo,
I made a 5 bucket diy recirculating dwc system. It works very well, so long as you don't mess up the uniseals and get a leak. It does require a chiller to keep the nutrient temps right, but most dwc grows that have issues are from bad water temps anyways so adding a chiller and going with recirculating is the next step anyways.

I love it personally. Really low maintenance.

Trust me, Growing more than one plant in a DWC is just asking for pH nightmares. Plus, hydro is very unforgiving. Imagine running into some issue in your res and loosing it all, instead of just a single plant.

I am a novice still learning a lot as i go, one thing i know is that a good PH and TDS meter is a must when using DWC. I have had problems in the past with nut lock up but that's just because i started with nuts to early. In general if you monitor pH everyday keep it at 5.6-6.0 your TDS will stay + or - 10 and your plants roots will grow faster and there for your plants will grow faster. I have also started using Super-thrive and so far my roots are loving it. I rarely have to adjust my PH and TDS stays within 5 + or -. I think DWC is just a process of elimination and once you get a hang of it gets easier.
Check out my first grow journal: DWC - MK Ultra, Multiple Strains Grow Journal
Thanks Happy Turkey Day
:roorrip::nicethread:

Back
Top Bottom