Deep Water Culture w/Clones - CFL's & LED's - Coco Croutons & Hydroton Media

Re: Deep Water Culture w/Clones, CFL's & LED's, Coco Croutons & Hydroton Media

I can smell it through my monitor... Damn..... you are almost there man. I wish I was that close..

Looking good though especially that purple kush.....

Thanks ~W~

I wish there was smellavision because dude let me tell you they smell!! I am glad I hooked up that big ass stealth carbon filter, even though it was a pain in the ass! They all smell strong & even though in same res they all have a very distinctly different aroma; and I know why they call this one "The HOG" because it has 2 smells the one that comes off the plant generally and really has a kinda nasty smell if it was any stronger & the pleasently sweet/dank smell you get off the Buds when you touch them, very weird/cool and I can't wait to try it! Hawaiian has a extremely floral almost Gardenia like smell & Purple Kush is a very berry, fruity & sweet smelling!

Boy I can't wait to start the next one to incorperate all the little tricks I've learned to see just what we can get out of this system!! Next time we will be trimming bottom of plant up, playing with cropping, ect. I really look forward to it without having to waste all the time figuring out how to keep root rot at bay & can just hit the road running!!

Talk to ya soon ~H~

H, your plants are looking awesome, my friend! :welldone:

I really like the way that purple kush is frosting up. :morenutes:
That's gonna be some awesome bud!

Just a couple more weeks and you'll be pre-harvest flushing. BTW...you may want to look at "Overdrive" by AN. I'll be using it in the last couple of weeks of bloom on my grow. It supposed to cause a "last minute push" in bud growth & resin production and you just use it in the last two weeks before final flush. I'm guessing that DM has something similar you'll be using.

Keep up the great work!

Thought about it alot K~ but these plants were just too sick & I am afraid I would kill them. Have HCO Gravity & going to try it on next grow. I lost my mini Hawaiian, teeny little thing but just punctuates my point about how sick these were & how lucky I am to have gotten them to this point.

The rest are doing very good & I will be glad when next couple weeks go by. Talk to ya soon, Happy Grows ~H~

Well things are progressing nicely in the room!! After the loss of the little Hawaiian things have progressed nicely. I have been watching the trychomes & they are starting to cloud slightly on Purple Kush & have even seen 1-2 amber here and there. All HOG & Hawaiian are clear with a couple cloudy.

So we know that we are close! I say about 3 weeks out. So why don't we take some time to discuss a subject that has a lot of opinions about it (as if this was the only controversy about growing Cannabis in Hydro, LMAO!). Anywho, after much thought and reading posts from everyone from Gorilla Gardeners to Medical Growers to Commercial Seed Manufactures from around the world & I think I will flush this way- Fade to Flush Technique. I believe this will work for me because I have been on a very strong nute program that has included flushing every 2 weeks Veg & Flower. So I have been flushing salts out for awhile now & really should not have the major build up in the medium.

Now with that being said if I was in Soil it would be easy for me, I would flush by ph'ed watering only for last 21 days & you would be good to go. But see there is nutes & ferts still in the soil, but with Hydro and the fact I have been regularly flushing, there is little build up of Nutes. So I believe the last 14 days is when you get best flower bud fattenning, the final push so to speak. So I do not want my girls starving until the last week then they can use the leaf sugars stored. But I want to start that process of use kinda slowly.

So Saturday I changed Res over & PPM'ed only to 840(wanted 600-800ppm). Then next week will only put Dutch Master Gold Range Zone, Add.27 Flower, Botanicare Sweet Carbo Berry, Nutrilife SM-90 and want to PPM @ 300-400. Last week Flush Res for 24-48hrs then run plain treated PH'ed RO water last 5-6 days. I believe that should flush things just fine & allow for final flowering push. We shall see how well it works

Talk to ya soon & Happy Grows ~H~

Here is everybody before the Res Change yeasterday!!

Picture_2171.jpg

Top Bud on Res #2 The HOG(man I know why they call it HOG, peeyou!, stinky!)
Picture_2182.jpg

Purple Kush in front Res#1
Picture_2192.jpg

Purple Kush in rear Res #1
Picture_2202.jpg

Top of Purple Kush front Res #1
Picture_2213.jpg

Hawaiian in Res #2
Picture_2222.jpg

Hawaiian in Res #2
Picture_2233.jpg

Res #2 -note the strings, The HOGS are trying to push out of Res, Have foil covered bricks holding cups into res & had to tie string to help with flower weight! Yay Team!!
Picture_2242.jpg

Res #1 the Beauty Shot!!
Picture_2252.jpg

Like that so much took another!~
Picture_2262.jpg

Upshot of Res #2
Picture_2271.jpg

Top Shot of Top Buds of The HOG in Res #2, can see Purple Kush on right
Picture_2282.jpg

Shot of front interior of Res #2 The HOG & you may see a couple leaves with signs of Ca def., it is due to all the hell these plants have gone through + find that The HOG is a heavy feeder & if grown again will add CalMag+ all through Flower(in fact will add Calmag+ to whatever grow I have during Flowering to make sure no issues); but due to so close to harvest & really not effecting anything not going to do anything about it.

Talk to ya soon & Happy Grows ~H~

Res Change day & we will start our fade to flush technique.

Beginning Week #8 in Flower Res Change

15ml Dutch Master Gold Range Zone
15ml Nutrilife SM-90
1oz Botanicare Silca Blast
3oz Botanicare Sweet Carbo Berry
1oz Dutch Master Gold Range Add.27 Flower
1oz Dutch Master Gold Range Nutrient A Flower
1oz Dutch Master Gold Range Nutrient B Flower

added to 6.5gal H2O2 treated 18-42hrs prior RO Water
mixed both Res back & forth to final = 840ppm

1tbsp General Hydroponics Ph down total to ph both Res by mixing back & forth for a final = 5.4ph

Would have liked it to be slightly lower on ppm's but this will do. Next will post pics from this morning, the day after Res change. The lights are about to come on so I will be back soon! Happy Grows ~H~

Here are pics from an half hour ago, day after res change beginning week #8 flower.
Picture_2291.jpg

Bud growth spurt on one of main colas on The HOG res #2
Picture_2303.jpg

Another Top cola bud growth spurt on The HOG res #2
Picture_2312.jpg

Growth spurt on front Purple Kush Res #1
Picture_2323.jpg

Same Growth spurt is happening on rear Purple Kush Res #1
Picture_233.jpg

Top view of Hawaiian in front Res #2
Picture_2341.jpg

Side view of the 2 Hawaiians left in Res #2
Picture_235.jpg

Side/back view of rear Hawaiian Res #2
Picture_236.jpg

Growth spurt on Colas from The HOG in Res #1
Picture_237.jpg

Through the canopy view from Hawaiian side of Res #2 of The HOG
Picture_238.jpg

Front Most Secondary Cola The HOG Res #2

Here are some Scale shots to put it all in perspective.

Picture_239.jpg

Hawaiian front of Res #1
Picture_240.jpg

Hawaiian back of Res #1
Picture_2411.jpg

Front Cola on The HOG Res #2
Picture_242.jpg

Secondary Cola on The HOG Res #2
Picture_243.jpg

Hawaiian in front of Res #2

Can't wait to get to the end, have not taken even 1 tester bud. Have been checking trichs daily & now even went and got that little illuminated 30x-100x microscope from Radio Shack for $13.24 with tax out the door. I think we are right on schedule.

If anything major progresses or any issues crop up this week I will post, if not talk to ya @ the end of week #8. Happy Grows ~H~

I just was reading an article online about how the Austrian Pines in Montana are dying off & the are having another species of trees dying off due to some pine needle beetle & I was reading comments on the article; I came across this comment on the current events going on now & just though it was very insightful!

"All jokes aside.... it is a scary time. A perfect storm of polical upheaval, financial troubles, mother nature, food shortages, increased competition for fewer natural resources, abuse by humans, floods, unusual and increasingly more extreme climate conditions. I am now a septuagenarian and find it the most scary time, on all fronts, that I have ever experienced.

Whatever the cause... we are in the middle of it, right here and right now. What, exactly do we prepare for and how? Wonder if we are being told to quit fighting each other and co-operate with one another to get through this."

-Author Unknown

Words to live by I think!! ~H~

To bad that no one will ever cooperate with each other until the final second, then everyone will say "I shoulda" ........ fill in the blank..... Rather than do whats necessary to save our asses before its too late..... I worried about that stuff for a little bit, had a few conversations with a few different people who I thought had brains in their heads but I was wrong, 2 out of 3 gave me the lets take it for all it has statement and the other said "what can one person do" so I live with the knowledge that it will be over sooner than later, sadly other people I know worry about the right this second than whats literally whats just on the other side of the horizon. Its literally relevant to the bullshit I had to listen to last night (I'll elaborate a little further on this in my thread, dont want to ruin the good vibe you got going with those lovely ladies over there man.....

The 3rd pic down looks as if someone blew gold dust all over it, the 4th looks like someone blew silver dust on it, LOL.... blinged em up for ya..... I'd rather have the kinda bling that those plants are pushing out than real bling any day of the week....

To bad that no one will ever cooperate with each other until the final second, then everyone will say "I shoulda" ........ fill in the blank..... Rather than do whats necessary to save our asses before its too late..... I worried about that stuff for a little bit, had a few conversations with a few different people who I thought had brains in their heads but I was wrong, 2 out of 3 gave me the lets take it for all it has statement and the other said "what can one person do" so I live with the knowledge that it will be over sooner than later, sadly other people I know worry about the right this second than whats literally whats just on the other side of the horizon. Its literally relevant to the bullshit I had to listen to last night (I'll elaborate a little further on this in my thread, dont want to ruin the good vibe you got going with those lovely ladies over there man.....

The 3rd pic down looks as if someone blew gold dust all over it, the 4th looks like someone blew silver dust on it, LOL.... blinged em up for ya..... I'd rather have the kinda bling that those plants are pushing out than real bling any day of the week....

:Namaste:Amen my Brother!!

H, your plants are looking great, bro! :welldone:

It won't be long now till your enjoying the fruits of your labor!

I'm planning on a "fade-to-flush" (although, I hadn't heard that term used) also, and think it's a good strategy to ease the girls into using up their stored nutes.

How are you planning on doing the dry & cure?

H, your plants are looking great, bro! :welldone:

It won't be long now till your enjoying the fruits of your labor!

I'm planning on a "fade-to-flush" (although, I hadn't heard that term used) also, and think it's a good strategy to ease the girls into using up their stored nutes.

How are you planning on doing the dry & cure?

Thanks K~, I agree "fade-to-flush" just makes the most logic on a good hydro set up, that has good additive program & good flush practices.

I have a Drynet portable drying rack, you can find it here & cheap Drynet Portable Hydroponic Herb Drying rack Dry Net NEW - eBay (item 170569021538 end time Mar-20-11 15:kisstwo:18 PDT) should work very well. Fan leaf is going to be Canna Butter & the trim, well that is what my bubble hash bags are for, will be bubble hash. Next time maybe make BHO out of the trim. As for cure I have outside garden & my wife cans tomatoes and such, so Mason Jars oh'plenty. Talk to ya soon ~H~

Thanks K~, I agree "fade-to-flush" just makes the most logic on a good hydro set up, that has good additive program & good flush practices.

I have a Drynet portable drying rack, you can find it here & cheap Drynet Portable Hydroponic Herb Drying rack Dry Net NEW - eBay (item 170569021538 end time Mar-20-11 15:kisstwo:18 PDT) should work very well. Fan leaf is going to be Canna Butter & the trim, well that is what my bubble hash bags are for, will be bubble hash. Next time maybe make BHO out of the trim. As for cure I have outside garden & my wife cans tomatoes and such, so Mason Jars oh'plenty. Talk to ya soon ~H~

That thing is perfect! I might just have to get one. I still need to figure out how I'm gonna do the dry, since the AK will probably finish ahead of the haze, I don't believe I'll be able to dry in the cab.

I was thinking about getting one of those wardrobe boxes you put clothes in when you move and stringing some wire/line across the sides to hang the buds.

I don't think those bigger drying racks, that sell for something like $80 will fit in the boxes and they definately won't fit in one side of my cab if/when I decide to do that, but for $20, this looks like it will fit in both and is an easy way to get the job done. Thanks!

I think it will work well & if I need more down the road then I just buy another. To damn cheap to pass on, glad it will work for you! It is nicely made too. Some seamstress that had an idea, "I can make that!". Talk to ya soon ~H~

Mid Week #8 in Flower

Picture_2501.jpg

The Hog Cola in back Res #1, has Back Purple Kush Cola on right
Picture_2491.jpg

My whole mess, they are gain weight for sure!
Picture_245.jpg

The Hog Cola in rear of Res #2 gaining new weight
Picture_247.jpg

Straight down view of Purple Kush Cola in front Res #1
Picture_244.jpg

Looking straight down @ a Hawaiian getting it's Bling on!

Have really started to see an all around bulk up on all plant buds this week, Colas are really starting to filling in:slide: Just absolutely amazing how well they are turning out with what they have gone through. As the song says "I'm a Lucky Man!" ,love The Verve.

Talk to ya soon, & Happy Grows ~H~

Looking nice and shiny H.... That pic of the P kush thats looking down on the cola is nice....very nice. I watched a cervantes tour of some med gardens out west and damn..........damn damn damn........ 10 pound plants....god damn.. Oh...... the reason I said that about cervantes, Are the plants that have those red leaves purple kush?

Heres that vid.... worth the 8 minutes or whatever, just wait for the end when he snaps one of those 1 pound purps/p kush/purple something buds off it actually looks red instead of purple....

YouTube - ‪Jorge Cervantes: Medical Marijuana Outdoor Gardens Tour - 10lb.+ MEGA Plants!!‬‏

Now that is my kind of "Forrest Management", if you know what I'm saying?:morenutes:

Hell yeah.... I'm sure they will be repopulating that area very nicely.... I would really like to get to see some of that in my life....I'd like to be able to see it growing like that safely in my own yard but I'd settle for going out there and visiting...and maybe smoking just a little.....

Back
Top Bottom