Deficiency help!

Bagmand

Hey there everyone :Namaste:

Im on my second grow now. 4th week of flower (Sage n Sour), and it seems my plant is having a deficiency of some kind. Ive been searching arround the internet for a way to identify my problem, but its kinda hard to tell exactly what it is, cause i think some of them look a lot like eachother.

Im growing in a closet, about 2x2 feet, with carbon filter and fan, making air circulation. One 100mm cpu fan for intake.
250 Watt hps.
Temp arround 77-82 degrees, humidity 35-45.
I use Biobizz Lightmix soil and the whole line of Biobizz organic nutrients. (Anyone else with Biobizz experience??)
Feed half strength on every watering. (Every 3-4 day)
I dont pH my tap water, because ive learned that it can cause damage to the living microorganisms and bacteria in the soil. It is about 7,8'ish from the tap. Runoff is about 6,5 så that should be fine, right?

BioBizz Line:
Bio Grow (4-3-6)
Bio Bloom (2-7-4)
Bio Heaven
Top Max
Alg-A-Mic (Liquid seaweed. Contains mirconutrients and trace elements)

Feed Chard Im currently at 4th week of flower, so at week 6 on the Chard. Bottom line is for Lightmix soil. Remember i feed half strength every watering
BioBizzfeedchart1.jpg

Im kinda lost here, and i hope you guys can help me.
Here is a few pics. I had to take them quik at night. The deficiency is not showing that good on camera under hps lights. Think they need to be rotated, but you will be able to se the deficiency.

20150415_2220231.jpg

20150415_222016.jpg

Im leaning towards a nitrogen deficiency, but i have no idea to be honest. I realy hope some of you guys can help me out here :thanks:

Peace

Re: Deficiency help !!

Hello mate :) I have some experience with biobizz and to be honest I had exactly the same issue as you. It turned out to be phosphorus deficiency! I no I no your using all the parts how can this happen? I'm not sure but it nearly ruined my crop. I flushed all my plants with water phd to 6.4 & then changed over to another nutrient brand and after a few feeds everything was fine.
I've read a few people have issues with biobizz, depending on substrate used and water quality. If I were you I would try & check the ph of your feed just as a precaution, I've tried the no phing thing and had some troubles, also check the ph of the run off when just feeding water, it's not the most accurate way of testing but it gives you an idea of what ph your substrate is.
I hope this is helpful :)

Thanks for your answer man :thumb: I thought i may be nitrogen, phosphorus or magnesium. I have found out that a LOT of other people have had problems with magnesium deficiency when using Biobizz nutes. I think im gonna try and add some epsom salt. I see many doing that with great success :)

Hello Bagmand!

I use BioBizz nutes, and Plagron Growmix for my plants, never had any sort of deficiency with any of my 6 completed grows to date.

I buy Magnesium sulfate from the chemist and have always added (1 tablespoon to every 5 litres)it to every 3rd watering for every plant irrespective of what the plant is saying.

I grow outdoors.

Slavishly following feeding schedules is never advisable, some cannabis strains are very heavy feeders and others are light/fussy feeders, it is the responsibility of the gardener to figure out what side of the coin their plant falls into. And that means knowing what you are looking at when your plant starts to give out warning signals.

I grew an ASD that I was feeding double the recommended amount of fish mix by week 5 because she clearly needed more.

If you take a minute to check my last post in my journal, you will see in the first picture ( the one I am pretty sure is the ASD) that the large fan leaf on the left is starting to say more nitrogen please (it's going light green) if I waited a whole week to do anything about it until the situation spreads It would be unfair for me to blame the BioBizz range or Plagron or anybody.

The feeding schedule is a guide, but the gardener still has to do their thing, they are not magic potions......

In soil, I think you should be feeding every 3rd or 4th watering, not every watering. The chemicals build up in the soil, then you end up with an abundance of chemicals in the soil. there is good chance it is a lock out. I would give them a good flush with straight water, then go back to feeding but only once every couple of waterings...

Back
Top Bottom