Deficiency on week 7 of veg?

RedClaymore

420 Member
Okay, soo where to start. About 7 weeks ago I made my first post about the first seedlings I planted and things are going alright sorta. Recently I've noticed the lower leaves on my plants are turning a slightly light yellow color and turning very dry and brittle almost to the point of falling off. Luckily it's only affected the first pair of one leafers that developed early on in the veg stage but I am noticing a tinge of light yellow the first pair of the three leafers as well. The yellow color and drooping make me assume I'm overwatering but it could also be due to the fact I'm not overwatering at all but that they're not getting enough oxygen because of the medium I planted them in, so all the water is just sitting there. I haven't transferred them into my fabric pots yet (I've been meaning to transfer but got very busy with college stuff.) I'll upload some videos of the plants to Imgur and leave the link below because I feel like a picture wouldn't be enough for you guys to help me solve the problem. Not sure if this is normal or if there's actually something wrong so let me know your thoughts on what I should do.

Strain - G.R.E.A.M. by Solfire Gardens
Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? - Hybrid
How Many Plants? - 2 Plants
Vegetative or Flowering Stage? - Vegetative Stage
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? - 7 weeks and one day / Week 6 for the second plant
Indoor or Outdoor? - Indoor
Soil or Hydro? - Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? - I started out with some miracle grow fast sprouting soil. I know I could've bought a good soil but I'm a beginner and didn't listen lmao.
If Soil... What Size Pot? - 7.1 x 5.7. x 5.7-inch pots with a six-inch diameter
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? One 600w LED Full Spectrum Grow Light
Is it Air Cooled? - Yes
Any Pests? - No pests
How Often are you Watering? - I usually try and water once I see the plant is drooping and when the soil is very dry
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? The fertilizers and nutrients I've used are FloraGro, Bloom, and Micro with 1.5ml of Gro and Micro and 1.0ml Bloom but this will change when my plant goes into the bloom stage

Attachments

• IMG-5838.JPG
    IMG-5838.JPG
    526.4 KB · Views: 140
Get those suckers into a real pot. 7 weeks is a long time and they're not looking like 7 week old plants. Are you using the seedling mix miracle grow that is basically peat/perlite and a tiny bit of bloom nutes(P) for rooting. Go get some fluffy soil like Roots or something that's aerated well. Good Luck.

Get those suckers into a real pot. 7 weeks is a long time and they're not looking like 7 week old plants. Are you using the seedling mix miracle grow that is basically peat/perlite and a tiny bit of bloom nutes(P) for rooting. Go get some fluffy soil like Roots or something that's aerated well. Good Luck.
Yes, I was referring to the seedling mix that miracle grow makes. As for the soil you recommended I'll keep it in mind when looking at the other soil suggestions so I can see which one suits my exact needs and budget. Appreciate the feedback!

Hope you switch it will be the best thing you can do for your plants.Good luck.:420:
Wow, I had no idea ;P Guess I'll go buy this on amazon asap and transfer them into my fabric pots. When I transfer them I'll update you guys on the outcome of the transfer after a few days later. Thanks for the feedback because personally I would've never been able to figure out what was wrong lol.

Hey neighbor!

Hey neighbor!
What ratio do you mix the two bags?
How often do you need to top dress with this mix?
What do you use to top dress?
:)
I’m exploring new mixes and I can purchase Coast of Maine, just a ten minute drive. I have a coast of Maine/Peat moss/ perlite mix with additional amendments cooking now. Gonna try it out indoors this winter.
Hope all is well and your enjoying the weather!

The good news is the plants aren't terribly unhealthy so they should BOUNCE back fast. I bet when you transplant they come out of the cup with EASE.
Thank God! Thought I really fudged up my plants for a minute. And just from looking at the inner edges of the pot, I can tell that it'll come out very easily.

Didn’t mean to update this late, my wifi is pretty shit where I live. I got the happy frog soil as BeanTown suggested and everything seemed well until maybe a week ago. A little bit of the lower leaves have started to yellow with some having a brownish spots and wilting away eventually. I think its a nitrogen deficiency which is weird considering I water with FloraGro trio and regular water every other day to avoid too much salts. Not sure if this is normal or not so let me know your guys’ opinions on what the problem could be.
Imgur

Back
Top Bottom