Deficiency or burn?

Crane

This is an OG Kush feminized growing in 33/33/33% home compost/perlite/vermiculite. It's in a two gallon pot under 315w CDM. It's four weeks in veg today. It's been fed twice, with BioBizz Grow according to their dosaging guidelines. The temps have been high, about high 80's.

The leaves have been getting that discolorisation from the edges and between the veins. Up until now it's been the strongest growing plant of the bunch.

So would this be deficiency or nute burn? It's more pronounced on the top leaves. My guess would be sulfur or magnesium deficiency?
IMG_20181019_061415.jpg
IMG_20181019_061426.jpg

Hi! Looks like nitrogen toxicity due to the clawing and darkish green leaves. Either put more space between feedings or lower the amount of nutes below the recommended dosage by half. Or both if it still doesnt clear up. I just dealt with this on one of my plants and after two separate feedings with normal no-nute pH balanced water it's nice and happy again.

Hi! Looks like nitrogen toxicity due to the clawing and darkish green leaves. Either put more space between feedings or lower the amount of nutes below the recommended dosage by half. Or both if it still doesnt clear up. I just dealt with this on one of my plants and after two separate feedings with normal no-nute pH balanced water it's nice and happy again.

Thanks! Didn't think of that one but it seems clear now that you point it out. Plain water it is, then :)

So.... now I've given the plant only water the last two times, and although the clawing seems to be a thing of the past,now there's this new symptom: the new leaves are twisted and really slow to grow? The light was changed to 12/12 a week ago. I'm thinking phosporous def?

Not the best pic but especially the growing tip on the left back side is showing the twisting.
IMG_20181030_060511.jpg

Couple of hours later I now have pH strips and distilled water :)

I'll have to wait until the lights come on to get a sample. In the meantime, I would guess that the pH might be too high, as this particular plant grows in pure compost amended only with perlite and vermiculite. The others that have bag soil in their mix aren't showing the same symptoms as this one.

Ph fore sure bro. The droopy aspect, red stems, and the fact the other ones with another mix aren't affect kind of confirm it. I had plants looking like that in my first grow. As soon as pH got adjusted (it was over ph 7 before) they started to strengthen and grew everything green again.

Ph fore sure bro. The droopy aspect, red stems, and the fact the other ones with another mix aren't affect kind of confirm it. I had plants looking like that in my first grow. As soon as pH got adjusted (it was over ph 7 before) they started to strengthen and grew everything green again.

How did you go about adjusting the pH? Should I adjust the pH of the water?

How did you go about adjusting the pH? Should I adjust the pH of the water?

Easiest method is to flush with good pH. I mean you need to water it until the ph adjusts to the desired value. So for example of you need to water 1gal to get a good runoff, it would need like 3 gal (just to be sure). Make sure to have draining holes when you do so to avoid the plant to be flooded and the soil to be able to dry correctly.

So yes you can first adjust water to desired pH. Flush plant with it. Then make your regular feeding in an adjusted pH'ed water and check the ph is still what you want after adding nutes. Correct if needing. Then you can water them with the mix as a final step

Back
Top Bottom