Deficiency or over feeding?

Fietchen

I Grow a Auto Northern Lights she is in the middle of her Flowering periode and i see some Brown spots on her, is that a calcium deficiency ore over feeding and a lockout?

I Grow in Coco and feeding her with General Hydroponics 3 Part Nutes. I feeding her litte to much ore don't water enough runoff so the Salt built up quickly but now i have this under control the runoff EC is on point 1.3 and i feeding 1.0 EC for 2 Weeks and the Leafs are Dark but the brown spots are sign not everything is OK... I Add cal/mag now 0,5ml/Liter i hope it helps.

IMG_20190513_213228.jpg
IMG_20190513_213208.jpg

Ph between 6.0-6.3
That's fine. The problem is your nutes are too high and it's locking out the calcium I'm guessing. I can see from the colour of the leaves and the burnt tips they've had too much . Your EC meter is not accurate by the looks of it because 1.3 should be absolutely fine at that stage. I'll leave it to a coco grower to advise better.

Wouldn't 6 and up be too high for coco? Coco's ph should coincide with hydro, right?

Nutrient_Chart2.gif
I should find another chart because that hydro ph range is wrong. Calcium is better absorbed between 6.2 and 6.5

This is a better indication:

PH Nutrient Absorption.PNG

As you can see, the micro-nutrients tend more towards the more acid side and the rest,including calcium, are over 6 for good uptake. I'm one for shifting the pH in the range beneficial for the deficient nutrient until it's about sorted, then move it back to the best compromise pH, around 5.8.

I run coco and GH three part, ph is super important. I run a 25 gallon resivor that I start at a ph of 5.7-5.8 ppm around 900 no clue on ec, over two weeks with just topping the resivor daily I will hit a ph of 6.2-6.3. Yes you need cal/mag in coco and some plants more than others. Prior to switching everything over to an automated flood and drain I manually did it daily and would shoot for a ph of 6.2. You have to be on top of the ph in coco which is basically a drain to waste style of hydroponics. The spots may not go away but once corrected she will continue to flower and do here thing. Best of luck.
Peace OG

I should find another chart because that hydro ph range is wrong. Calcium is better absorbed between 6.2 and 6.5

This is a better indication:

PH Nutrient Absorption.PNG

As you can see, the micro-nutrients tend more towards the more acid side and the rest,including calcium, are over 6 for good uptake. I'm one for shifting the pH in the range of the deficient nutrient until it's about sorted, then move it back to the best compromise pH, around 5.8.

The charts are right soil will allow it at a little higher ph range than hydro. Hydro about 5.5 to almost the 6 range . if he is manually feeding ( water can) he can lower the ph every couple feedings to allow the uptake.
Peace OG

That's fine. The problem is your nutes are too high and it's locking out the calcium I'm guessing. I can see from the colour of the leaves and the burnt tips they've had too much . Your EC meter is not accurate by the looks of it because 1.3 should be absolutely fine at that stage. I'll leave it to a coco grower to advise better.

My EC pen are on point but i have a huge increase in the Coco 2 Weeks bevore 2.5 was the EC because i made the mistake not watering with enough runoff. I test my EC Pen in osmosis water and the EC is 0,02 so the Stick is fine. I feed now with 0.7 EC very mild dosage with a litte bit pk and cal/mag. I need to start the Flush soon Trichs are starting from clear to cloudy. My go is to feed her for 7 days and than Flushing her for 2 weeks. Good So?

I run coco and GH three part, ph is super important. I run a 25 gallon resivor that I start at a ph of 5.7-5.8 ppm around 900 no clue on ec, over two weeks with just topping the resivor daily I will hit a ph of 6.2-6.3. Yes you need cal/mag in coco and some plants more than others. Prior to switching everything over to an automated flood and drain I manually did it daily and would shoot for a ph of 6.2. You have to be on top of the ph in coco which is basically a drain to waste style of hydroponics. The spots may not go away but once corrected she will continue to flower and do here thing. Best of luck.
Peace OG

This is my 3 Coco Grow and never dealing with PH problems because i drop the Ph always up with PH+ 1 drop in 1 Liter osmosis and the is with nutes over 6 but when you using tap water i need PH- so i don't think i have a PH problem but maybe i am wrong! The Nutes are changing the PH and after Hours the Ph goes down every Day so i need to adjust is after mixing nutes.

My EC pen are on point but i have a huge increase in the Coco 2 Weeks bevore 2.5 was the EC because i made the mistake not watering with enough runoff. I test my EC Pen in osmosis water and the EC is 0,02 so the Stick is fine. I feed now with 0.7 EC very mild dosage with a litte bit pk and cal/mag. I need to start the Flush soon Trichs are starting from clear to cloudy. My go is to feed her for 7 days and than Flushing her for 2 weeks. Good So?
Ah. That solves the mystery of the dark leaves.

This is my 3 Coco Grow and never dealing with PH problems because i drop the Ph always up with PH+ 1 drop in 1 Liter osmosis and the is with nutes over 6 but when you using tap water i need PH- so i don't think i have a PH problem but maybe i am wrong! The Nutes are changing the PH and after Hours the Ph goes down every Day so i need to adjust is after mixing nutes.

You will learn ph is your friend not enemy. I run a perpetual all plants fed the same from start to finish, tap water as well . Also plants in flower require different amounts of the three part. Give it a few grows with the proper ph and you will see the plants really perform. If you choose to just wing it on the ph you will be chasing ghosts from that point on. Proper ph is pretty common knowledge I thought.
Peace OG

Hello, i see more leaf Tips are Burning but the EC is under control 1.3 is the runoff and the EC i feeding with 1.0 EC. Maybe the PK is to much but i only feed 0.5ml / Liter water so i don't think the PK is the problem?

Ph are also good 6.0-6.3

IMG_20190519_112151.jpg
IMG_20190519_112432.jpg
IMG_20190519_112420.jpg
IMG_20190519_112355.jpg

Your nute strength and pH sound right to me mate. If it's getting worse I'd guess it's to do with watering technique.
At that stage I'd be feeding 1.2ec with 1ml/l of pk14/15 and that doesn't burn them.
You feeding to run off every day?

The problem was: I feed to much with not enough runoff the EC from the runoff was over 2.5 EC but this is 3 weeks ago! I water than less EC 0.8-1.0 EC with runoff every day but not much runoff 0.5 ml but the runoff EC is good why watering with more runoff when the EC is good?

Nutrient burn can be caused by:
  • Mixing nutrients stronger than recommended during any phase of growth
  • Overwatering; plants need a dry period to function properly and access oxygen
  • Using bloom boosters too often or in too high a concentration
  • Using growth stimulants too regularly, causing dwarfism and burning due to excessive nutrient uptake

Than I think the Bloom Booster are the problem i feeding every Day but in low concentrate Form 0.5-1.0ml / Liter.

Yeah i wouldnt expect it to be getting worse if thats what youre doing. Dont need much run off, 20% or so is good. Just keeps the salts from building up which in turn messes with the ph.
No2 on your list is only a soil growers thing too. Coco is hydroponics, the clue is in the title. "Hydro" meaning water. Otherwise it would be called dryponics lol. If you let coco dry out the nutrient level in the pot rises.
No1 isnt really accurate iether cos too strong a dose in veg doesnt burn them it gives them N tox which is dark leaves, all clawed down and stunted growth. Its well in effect before you notice it too so not always a quick fix.
Sorry to correct you but coco and soil are exact opposite media in terms of everything. Different causes, symptoms, side effects and fixes for pretty much anything you can think of.

Back
Top Bottom