Deficiency? Thoughts?

Would be awesome to build a grate over a bit of a tub, but weld the box so it drains all of the run off to a bucket. Damn wish I had a welder haha!! I could probably fix something up with wood. I’m pretty handy with it :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well, I'll have a prototype done tomorrow afternoon, and I'm thinking it's along your lines of thinking.
Here is a general idea...
20200115_182027.jpg

I took a piece of 1x1 square tubing and left a nice slot. The twelve 5 gallon buckets will drain into a channel from both directions into a T, draining into the reservoir through the slot. Least that's the plan!

Wood would probably be more efficient i haven't done it yet because I'm worried the steel will be warm fr the lights andbe like an oven but I think I'm overthinking lol.
You think the light will put off that much heat? What are you running?
Well, I'll have a prototype done tomorrow afternoon, and I'm thinking it's along your lines of thinking.
Here is a general idea...
20200115_182027.jpg

I took a piece of 1x1 square tubing and left a nice slot. The twelve 5 gallon buckets will drain into a channel from both directions into a T, draining into the reservoir through the slot. Least that's the plan!
i love it! Please share finished product :thumb:

Your onto something, and it needs remedied. Really, I feel it's a twofold issue. If light is getting in, (and I had NO idea it would, I have opted for the grey electrical pvc. In addition, it's a battle maintaining 68 deg reservoir temps and our chiller is an Eco 1 hp unit. I honestly thought it would be enough. It CAN chill off a 275 gallon reservoir to the low 50's, however, when I start circulating the chilled water though the four nutrient reservoirs, the loops are picking up more heat than the 1 hp chiller can overcome.
So....
I'm thinking about taking a 2 ton Mitsubishi mini-split, adding temp and pump controls and put a 2 ton chiller evaporator directly into the 275 gallon reservoir.
If 12,000 btu can carry it, but barely, 24,000 btu certainly will. I fear if I don't double the btu capability, when I kick the lights up to the full 550 watts I'm gonna wish I had.
Nonetheless, the white pvc light issue has me feeling real uncomfy. Expect a change in that department.
20200114_174016.jpg
Thank you Letica plastics and Lowes.

We think it was a nitrogen deficiency. Reservoir swap and we'll know for sure withing a day or so. I love hydro and the control it offers
Are you mixing your own nutrients? There is a thread called MegaCrop (green leaf nutrients) in my signature. No nitrogen problems with it . I do flood&drain and Dwc .

Back
Top Bottom