Deficiency?

Bigreen907

Hey guys,
Rolling onto week 9 here. Running the GH chart at x22 in a 30 gallon tank. What do y’all think is going on?

Attachments

• 070F9F07-1B30-4E6A-9CAB-0BD891AB0203.jpeg
    070F9F07-1B30-4E6A-9CAB-0BD891AB0203.jpeg
    736.3 KB · Views: 39
  • DB035348-2096-4DA7-9571-B8C582988675.jpeg
    DB035348-2096-4DA7-9571-B8C582988675.jpeg
    660.6 KB · Views: 39
  • A462C9DC-D663-4DF0-AF4D-5AC4F47BE474.jpeg
    A462C9DC-D663-4DF0-AF4D-5AC4F47BE474.jpeg
    691.8 KB · Views: 41
  • AF6E958C-D447-40E3-9632-9EB82A9E3ED9.jpeg
    AF6E958C-D447-40E3-9632-9EB82A9E3ED9.jpeg
    667 KB · Views: 41
Yeah, I wrote that really quick. I’m sorry. I am running the chart bellow, multiply that by 22 (gallons) in a 30 gallon tank. I got 4 Bruce Banner #3 in coco/perlite under the Optic 8 LED light.

The leaves are starting to curls on the edges and I think I am burning them a bit. Just the simple program

Attachments

• 3465D1DA-3862-4A3F-9AA3-C5A5C41F04B5.jpeg
    3465D1DA-3862-4A3F-9AA3-C5A5C41F04B5.jpeg
    302.5 KB · Views: 30
I'll try @Chris Scorpio.
@Bigreen907 it seems like you typed in a rush again...
There is a link down below in my signature on "how to ask for grow support". Maybe check that out, come back, slow down and fill in all of the details that link shows.
If you want a 5% correct diagnosis, one sure fire way to get it is by giving 5% of the needed info.

At 9 weeks into flower and the looks of your buds I personally wouldn't mess with it. I don't know for sure exactly what is going wrong but there isn't much time to change things.

Mostly it looks like a plant that is finishing up. Plants should really show some deficentcies when they are harvested. It is a good indicator that things are flushing out or have been used.

Could be to much stuff in there too. Might be time just to flush them.

Yeah, I wrote that really quick. I’m sorry. I am running the chart bellow, multiply that by 22 (gallons) in a 30 gallon tank. I got 4 Bruce Banner #3 in coco/perlite under the Optic 8 LED light.

The leaves are starting to curls on the edges and I think I am burning them a bit. Just the simple program
Oh wow! Thats only the second ever manufacturers nute schedule I've seen thats actually acceptable. The lower end of it is pretty spot on. The higher end is way off though.
There's a knack to growing in a Res though mate. A secret method that only the most advanced hydro growers can possibly fathom... it takes years of dedication to master it And here it is....
Drum roll....tatatatatata.
Follow the numbers on the ppm stick like a monkey. That's it.
Number goes up you add more water.
Number drops you add more nutes.
Number drops just a little, like 5% or so over a day or 2 then it's pretty much perfect.
The slight drop will also make the pH behave itself so you only need to pH adjust the Res every few days. Get 4 or 5 if you get it just right.
Use the manufacturers recs for the ratios untill you get the hang of reading the leaves. That's easy too though.
Cos if your feeding right the only thing that can go wrong is the bottoms going a little yellow. In which case you'd up the base nutes a little. Or maybe a bit calmag if they go blotchy.
And that's about all that goes wrong really if you follow the ppm.
I barely have to pay attention to my Res these days. Just set it and forget it :)

Oh wow! Thats only the second ever manufacturers nute schedule I've seen thats actually acceptable. The lower end of it is pretty spot on. The higher end is way off though.
There's a knack to growing in a Res though mate. A secret method that only the most advanced hydro growers can possibly fathom... it takes years of dedication to master it And here it is....
Drum roll....tatatatatata.
Follow the numbers on the ppm stick like a monkey. That's it.
Number goes up you add more water.
Number drops you add more nutes.
Number drops just a little, like 5% or so over a day or 2 then it's pretty much perfect.
The slight drop will also make the pH behave itself so you only need to pH adjust the Res every few days. Get 4 or 5 if you get it just right.
Use the manufacturers recs for the ratios untill you get the hang of reading the leaves. That's easy too though.
Cos if your feeding right the only thing that can go wrong is the bottoms going a little yellow. In which case you'd up the base nutes a little. Or maybe a bit calmag if they go blotchy.
And that's about all that goes wrong really if you follow the ppm.
I barely have to pay attention to my Res these days. Just set it and forget it :)
What do you think to the one I posted?

5ml to a tsp
Im too stoned to translate it mate lol.
The maths of working out 1/8th of a teaspoon into ml, then Into ml per 3.8L then into ml per litre is a bit beyond me at the moment to be honest.
Would also depend on the size of the teaspoon. Could probably be anywhere from 3.5-7ml. this why I use ppm or EC. Universal language that's computer accurate. No guessing anything. Just dip a stick In and let it work it out instead lol.

Im too stoned to translate it mate lol.
The maths of working out 1/8th of a teaspoon into ml, then Into ml per 3.8L then into ml per litre is a bit beyond me at the moment to be honest.
Would also depend on the size of the teaspoon. Could probably be anywhere from 3.5-7ml. this why I use ppm or EC. Universal language that's computer accurate. No guessing anything. Just dip a stick In and let it work it out instead lol.
An English gallon is 4.55L. Remind me never to cross this subject with you. LOL. I am actually starting to think in ppm and EC, now I've got used to my ph meter and BEAUTIFUL Bluelab Truncheon... you've got to get one, being the inherently lazy Scotsman that you are LOL! No buttons, no calibrating... just dip it in and read off one of 4 scales - ppm500 ppm700 EC and CF. 75 quid. Fully waterproof and you can use it as a stirrer. Best thing since sliced bread. :)

An English gallon is 4.55L. Remind me never to cross this subject with you. LOL. I am actually starting to think in ppm and EC, now I've got used to my ph meter and BEAUTIFUL Bluelab Truncheon... you've got to get one, being the inherently lazy Scotsman that you are LOL! No buttons, no calibrating... just dip it in and read off one of 4 scales - ppm500 ppm700 EC and CF. 75 quid. Fully waterproof and you can use it as a stirrer. Best thing since sliced bread. :)
Yeah I've heard wonderful things about them. I just use a cheap ppm meter. Had the same 1 for over 3 years and it's still spot on with no calibration.
My pH meter is essentials though. Was £50. It's water "resistant". I dropped it in twice but not sure where the limit is lol.
It's off by 0.2 after 18 months with no calibration. If it ever breaks I'll get a bluelab but untill such a day it's safe in its little plastic box :)

Back
Top Bottom