Defiency or toxicity maybe?

kenzie94

420 Member
Ok so I've got 9 plants and 6 are sick. 7 are bag seed, one is a girl scout cookie and one is a trans siberian auto. The siberian seems to be getting the worst of the damage and Id like to get it resolved before it goes into flowering. I thought it Might've been a calcium deficiency so I got cal mag to add in with my fertilizer but I don't think the damage had stopped. I used it yesterday morning but maybe it hasn't had time? Either way the problem is that the bottom leafs are drying up and falling off. It's not just old growth it's happened to new leafs as well. The tips have yellow speckles as well. The damage has spread to the middle of the siberian. Ots upward growth has almost haulted but it keeps getting bushier. If any of you all can help I really need it. They're in half coco half perlite in 3 gallon fabric pots under 1000w led. I water every other day and fertilize every other watering using half strength fox farm trio. The first picture is the girl scout, the second is the trans siberian and the third is the bag seed.

Attachments

• 1532066928070617185828.jpg
    1532066928070617185828.jpg
    846.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 15320670067591263384240.jpg
    15320670067591263384240.jpg
    720.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 1532067086845139356286.jpg
    1532067086845139356286.jpg
    679.8 KB · Views: 72
Whats your PH?

You need to learn about PH and what range is right for your medium and that will quickly solve your issues ;)

Your medium looks really dry too.

Looks to me like your PH is off and it's an easy fix and they will recover very quickly

Water with plain water with ph between 5.5 and 6.2 until you have run off and the plants soak it up (they look thirsty to me)

I just googled the ph range for coco so maybe aim for 5.8.

Never used coco myself.

They should look grand in 24-48 hours as long as you have decent air exchange.

Whats your PH?

You need to learn about PH and what range is right for your medium and that will quickly solve your issues ;)

Your medium looks really dry too.

Looks to me like your PH is off and it's an easy fix and they will recover very quickly

Water with plain water with ph between 5.5 and 6.2 until you have run off and the plants soak it up (they look thirsty to me)

I just googled the ph range for coco so maybe aim for 5.8.

Never used coco myself.

They should look grand in 24-48 hours as long as you have decent air exchange.
My ph was 6.7 so yeah your probably right. I wasn't real sure about the watering but I'll read more into. I read for hours over the soil info but somehow forgot to research after I switched. Should I flush or just water till runoff and it'll fix it without causing all the stress? There 4 weeks old and this is my first inside grow and the siberian auto is already pretty stunted from transplants and I FIMed it (Bad idea)

Agree with all the above.
Coco and perlite, are effectively hydro and you're not giving it enough hydro ;-)

Considering you have been waterering and feeding it like soil, I would give it a good flush with ph adjusted water to get the ph down and get rid of all the excess nutes that your plant was unable to absorb due to high ph. Give it at least 3 or 4 times the volume of the container it is in, and don't rush the flushing. I'd let it drain for a few hours and then give it a feed at correct ph.

If you haven't seen it already, check out Cultivator's thread on coco feeding schedule.
How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule

Don't worry, in a week they will be flying.

Peace

Agree with all the above.
Coco and perlite, are effectively hydro and you're not giving it enough hydro ;-)

Considering you have been waterering and feeding it like soil, I would give it a good flush with ph adjusted water to get the ph down and get rid of all the excess nutes that your plant was unable to absorb due to high ph. Give it at least 3 or 4 times the volume of the container it is in, and don't rush the flushing. I'd let it drain for a few hours and then give it a feed at correct ph.

If you haven't seen it already, check out Cultivator's thread on coco feeding schedule.
How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule

Don't worry, in a week they will be flying.

Peace
Sounds good. When flushing in fabric pots is it the same as with a normal container? I'm sure it will be slower but as far as the process do i just add water and let it run out the bottom?

Sounds good. When flushing in fabric pots is it the same as with a normal container? I'm sure it will be slower but as far as the process do i just add water and let it run out the bottom?

Yes. Just let the water flow slowly through. Put it in a tray if need be and if you have meters check runoff ph and ppm until stable.

Just try it. Don't over complicate things. It's only a weed. ☺

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom