Deflated and about to give up!

madforit2012

Well i have 3 autoflower seedlings, first 2 are 25 days old, third 15 days old ( and the third is bigger and better than first 2 ! )

The 2 x 25 day old ones are dying a slow and painful death, not growing and any new growth browns and dies, they are proper tiny for 25 days in popped - i had a problem with PH levels a bit week ago, but i have now solved that and flushed them through a week ago with PH 6 water. I only water between 500ml and 1000ml every 3 or 4 days when i think its needed.

The 15 day old seedling ( from popping through soil ) does now look bigger and healthier than the other 2 older ones , no browning on that on yet !

so god knows what i am doing wrong and i have no idea what to try next

EQUIRED INFORMATION FOR GROW SUPPORT

What Strain is it? Auto Flower , Blue Mystic
How Many Plants? 3
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Seedling
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? Day 13
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? 75 generic organic soil 25 perlite
If Soil... What Size Pot? 11 gallon ( 42 litre )
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? Mars pro 300W LED
Is it Air Cooled? no need
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 27 - 29 day , 22 - 25 night
RH of Room/Cabinet? average 50 to 60
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 7
Any Pests? no
How Often are you Watering? as when required , no more than 500ml every 3 or 4 days, plus 1ml voodo juice
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? none yet
Size or Square Footage of Room? Mylar Tent 100x100x200cm

Seedlings 25 days old

Third seedling 15 days old

Don’t give up, some good folks will be by to help I’m sure. Meanwhile there is a link in my signature that will be helpful as it covers troubleshooting issues.

I dont know what lighting but they are autos... 18 hours minimum a day.
The Ph seems ok, but 1ml of feed after 2 weeks.... Seems a lil low.
Temps are fine, but measure at seedling level.

Old growth wont get better, concentrate more on the newer stuff and if its healthy or not.... Chill, put the kettle on....
apparently they like to test us.
Some pretty good soil and auto growers here, just wait.
Im just clearing up the basics...

What I would do is get some Solo cups and start them in the cups you will have better control of everything I don't know if you have them all in 11 gal pots or each one in it's own but that's alot of soil you don't need yet

Now your soil generic organic don't really tell a whole lot about what's in in but I'm gonna say not the right stuff for babies you don't need alot

Now the water and this is where the smaller cups pots come in with a small cup you can easily tell when there dryed out cause they're light with a big one even if the bottom half is wet the roots might not be getting any and drying out

Go find how to water a potted plant she explains it very well and it works I use Solo cups and it was amazing that they would go a week with no water

Don't know if that works start there kick ass info

Thank you for that reply , as these are auto flowers , i have been told by everyone to start them in thier final pots as auto flowers donty like to me transplanted , although if i bin this crop and start again later , i will probably start in smaller pots, or maybe even peat pots - but that dont explain what the hell is going on with these ones. thanks again for the message

I have heard that to but don't make any sense to me but I've never grown an auto I think (some) ofthe guys that do start with smaller pots just transplant quicker so they don't know they been transplanted if that makes any sense your problems look basic is why I mentioned that it's like the wet dry cycle is off and there mad as hell at you
Wish I could help more hopefully someone will have a better answer for you good luck

Once they fill a solo cup you can go straight to 10L, even 20L.....bigger than that too soon causes problems, I find that in coco.
We call it bog, plant has too much moisture cant drink it all, ph goes up in pot before plant can drink, as roots are too small, then you get nutrient lockout caused by ph imbalance.
Its a slippery slope...

D
Thank you for that reply , as these are auto flowers , i have been told by everyone to start them in thier final pots as auto flowers donty like to me transplanted , although if i bin this crop and start again later , i will probably start in smaller pots, or maybe even peat pots - but that dont explain what the hell is going on with these ones. thanks again for the message
Don't give up on them, I had similar issues growing in 11L coco and turned out really well as soon as a good root system was grounded. It's difficult to pinpoint the problem but with correct wet/dry cycle and a stable pH you'll come out on top

I think it's dampened off. let the soil dry out.
It look exactly like a problem i just had. I used rapid rooters to sprout seedlings. when i planted the rapid rooters i buried them too deep and they stayed too wet in the coco and my plants started to dampen off. i just had to let them dry out a bit.

Well i have 3 autoflower seedlings, first 2 are 25 days old, third 15 days old ( and the third is bigger and better than first 2 ! )

The 2 x 25 day old ones are dying a slow and painful death, not growing and any new growth browns and dies, they are proper tiny for 25 days in popped - i had a problem with PH levels a bit week ago, but i have now solved that and flushed them through a week ago with PH 6 water. I only water between 500ml and 1000ml every 3 or 4 days when i think its needed.

The 15 day old seedling ( from popping through soil ) does now look bigger and healthier than the other 2 older ones , no browning on that on yet !

so god knows what i am doing wrong and i have no idea what to try next

EQUIRED INFORMATION FOR GROW SUPPORT

What Strain is it? Auto Flower , Blue Mystic
How Many Plants? 3
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Seedling
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? Day 13
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? 75 generic organic soil 25 perlite
If Soil... What Size Pot? 11 gallon ( 42 litre )
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? Mars pro 300W LED
Is it Air Cooled? no need
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 27 - 29 day , 22 - 25 night
RH of Room/Cabinet? average 50 to 60
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 7
Any Pests? no
How Often are you Watering? as when required , no more than 500ml every 3 or 4 days, plus 1ml voodo juice
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? none yet
Size or Square Footage of Room? Mylar Tent 100x100x200cm

Seedlings 25 days old

Third seedling 15 days old

How many times have you watered her since dropping in the last pic or day 15 pic?

The other two might be gone at 25 days I don’t count seedling stage for autos myself I just count day one since they pop as veg day 1 .

Autos usually go 5-7 weeks tops then will usually go flower so 25 days is starting to get up there.

They can be sensitive too .

Also sorry only 1 x 300 mars hydro for 3 pots on 11 gal pots?

How far is your light away?

Remember easy on the nutes with autos .

Hope you have found better answers haven’t caught up .

Let’s see what better vets here had to say ?

I lost four autos the start last winter 70$ gone . It happens bud .

Head up !

No expert here with soil but personally the plant looks stressed due to P.H of the medium. The stem looks purple in the photo also indicating environment or P.H issues. I see your P.H is around 7 try brining that down to 6 then watch a few days for recovery. :)
Good staff so far in regards to this reply

Ph is my thinking something is locked out or out of whack
20/4 better lighting for autos really they will appreciate it better .

Ph soil 6.3 ish I would aim
For and play around with that area.

Google ph soil charts find out what gets locked out of out of range .

Recharge is good for soil to help buffer your ph . Maybe you need to add a shot of molasses or something boost those microbes ?

To be honest I always grow my drop seed in 3 gal pots I wouldn’t got bigger then 5-7 in a tent though.

However like the gentleman said above I agree that autos can be started in small pots but I just never tested it myself .

I swear over the pay three years here I’ve seen someone do it from solo cups

Me and most I know do final pots though.

Doesn’t mean I am Right though 3 years and still trying to put the pieces together lol

It must have been the ph of the water as the two original seeds are all but withered up now. The 15 day seed is sprouting it’s third node now and looking strong

That’s all I can think of as it’s the same soil as the other two and I not done a great deal different appart from water it less and with proper ph water.

Next time I will start in smaller pots to control the wet/dry

Back
Top Bottom