Deformed leaf

Night Garden

Has anyone seen or experienced this before?
In some cases they were almost in a pattern upwards in a spiral, where one of every second or third set of fan leaves were deformed like the one in the pic. They look like litte pockets and only seem to effect the middle leaflet on the leaf.
20140110_1653401.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/community/gallery/614279

Strange growth is some times caused by synthetic nutrients easy availability and lots of light

I used an organic fertiliser the whole vegging period (which did go for 57 days lol) and it done that the whole way through.
Im running a 1000w MH and a 400w hps so the lights a plenty, which you believe could cause it to grow like that yeh?

Weird.... looking for a pic of mine from last grow. I had 2 sets of the fan leaves look as if someone bend or stretched them?? The middle and lower two elements of the leaves were curved, if you could imagine them made of plastic. Then someone literally bent them on an angle almost a 45*. They happened right when the plant took off about 9 weeks into veg and I just popped her top. I did give her a double shot of N and P at 8 weeks. If the two together may have done something but one of the many mysteries!!!!!

:420: :peace:

Hmm Ive seen heat stress make leaves grow very weird. Also, fimming and topping mess with the leaves especially if it wasnt done completely or in the correct area. Not saying those are your issues just observations.

I remember seeing this post last week and did not give it much thought till today... I took three clones from my outdoor plant that is a sativa that have been growing in the garden on mainly synthetic nutes, now the clones have rooted well and is starting to grow (something i must also mention is that i did what people call topping when i did the clones this seemed to work as the plant now has 2 grow ends) but i seem to have alot of deformed leafs like most have only 3 blades and some only one and i was wondering what the cause of this might be and also will it recover from this in the sense of will the leaves come right eventually i know the ones that have grown will stay that way but i mean will the new growth get right as the clone stabilizes?

IMG00119-20140306-1110.jpg

Thanks

Oh ps: i am growing in a hydro system with sprayers under the cups and also make use of top feed drippers, with a cfl light system and using GH flora series, all of this is in a sealed grow room with intake and extraction fans. i ran a 24/0 light cycle just after cloning and switched to 22/2 after bout 10 or so days.

Just some background info if this helps....

Grow_Setup_right.jpg

Had one plant I hit with a shovel on accident. I admit I was drinking the good stuff. But after that (hit the trunk right at the base of the plant at the ground) it grew all crazy. When in flower it was the craziest thing I've seen. Was like double everything- leaves were double.. bud was doubled all over itself.

Could be caused by something traumatic like that. Or it's just a strange genetic thing.

Had one plant I hit with a shovel on accident. I admit I was drinking the good stuff. But after that (hit the trunk right at the base of the plant at the ground) it grew all crazy. When in flower it was the craziest thing I've seen. Was like double everything- leaves were double.. bud was doubled all over itself.

Could be caused by something traumatic like that. Or it's just a strange genetic thing.

Lol...one should not partake of the sauce when one is taking care of the ladies. i also think it might be stress from the clone process but i was wondering if it comes right or just stays all crazy like this....look even if it is deformed and looks like the hunchback from that Disney shit and still gives guud bud it would be fine i just don't want to spend time and cash on something that will not give me any guud smoke.

So now do i yank it and just reclone or just keep at it? i don't really have the heart to yank a plant feel to sorry for them but if is is not gunna work then i will.

That gave me a great laugh. How the hell do you hit a plant with a shovel I can picture it in my head and wow you must of been fucking toasted.

That gave me a great laugh. How the hell do you hit a plant with a shovel I can picture it in my head and wow you must of been fucking toasted.

LOL...i Also spent somy time pissing my pants at this.....stonners do weird things. :cheer:

Heheh yeah it's just part of how I grew the big ones last year. Opening the rows up after setting up deep holes that didn't flood. Yeah I was wasted a lot out there, I probably make the best liquor though in cali :) Funny people don't know about the alcohol industry and what they get away with. I'm afraid weed will be no different when it becomes legal.

All the stuff in the store is swill. The methods using flutes are made for production, they couldn't extract pure hearts if they wanted to :) It's a different kind of high though- actually better than weed imo *gasp* blasphemy right :)

Far as the plant. I'd keep it. Like that plant I turned quad, chopped it up in a bud trimmer and it was part of some good hash.

Lol...one should not partake of the sauce when one is taking care of the ladies. i also think it might be stress from the clone process but i was wondering if it comes right or just stays all crazy like this....look even if it is deformed and looks like the hunchback from that Disney shit and still gives guud bud it would be fine i just don't want to spend time and cash on something that will not give me any guud smoke.

So now do i yank it and just reclone or just keep at it? i don't really have the heart to yank a plant feel to sorry for them but if is is not gunna work then i will.

Did you use any cloning agent or rooting gel?

Heheh yeah it's just part of how I grew the big ones last year. Opening the rows up after setting up deep holes that didn't flood. Yeah I was wasted a lot out there, I probably make the best liquor though in cali :) Funny people don't know about the alcohol industry and what they get away with. I'm afraid weed will be no different when it becomes legal.

All the stuff in the store is swill. The methods using flutes are made for production, they couldn't extract pure hearts if they wanted to :) It's a different kind of high though- actually better than weed imo *gasp* blasphemy right :)

Far as the plant. I'd keep it. Like that plant I turned quad, chopped it up in a bud trimmer and it was part of some good hash.

Yeah but cannabis>>>>>>>liquor in terms of positive health benefits vs negative health effects. I drink wine made locally sometimes but I try to stay away from other alcohol really. In the navy I used to drink a lot in foreign ports and when our ship was drydocked and it was a blast but that was a decade ago. I know I could still do it but choose not to. In no way being judgemental I just know the effects of both drugs and made my choice. Happy growing and shovel wacking :)

It's like the 3 stooges when they are carpenters..swinging the boards around and ducking... etc. The plant forgot to duck!

I love love love the three stooges. Smokin out and watching the stooges is my favorite.

Ok so its like this...

THE WEIRDNESS continues...

3 weeks into the hydro they still grow weird as shit????? any ideas???

I wanna make space for Fluxing so now i wanna know...do i keep them or pull them?

If i do decide or is advised to keep it i will start a new Journal to log this weird plant...

P1080355.jpg
P1080350.jpg

Happy Grow and Smoke!!

:420:

Back
Top Bottom