Deformed or Mutated Leaves

NEPharmer

I'm starting a thread to ask people about deformed/mutated marijuana leaves.
I have two plants out of ten that have an extra fan blade comeing out of the center above the others. Other than that, the plants seem to be very healthy. I did do quite a bit of LSTing, could this have stressed it out to the point of deformity? Or, is this a trait that has been passed down, possibly recessive until now?
Any thoughts or experiences with this sort of issue would be appriciated. I have never added any pictures on this site, but I will take a few when I visit my plants tomorrow and try to post them.
Thanks for any help with this problem......
Peace,
NEPharmer

I top my plants 2x and prune up during veg, nothing else. It is a bagseed and has had a bleached look since a seedling. Plant does well but that bleaching never goes all the way away, same with her clones. One extra leaf in middle and weird slightly bleached leaves.

6344.JPG

WillyB

I don't get the bleached look, but the small leaf in the middle is the same as mine, except I have 2 extra leaves. i got to figure out how to upload a pic.

I had posted this 3 years ago but it was a mystery then and still is... plant from seed and all big fan leaves had them.
???
DSCF0022.JPG

DSCF0023.JPG

The plant produced well :)

Jonny

My guess may be that this is a strain specific genetic anomaly (which could be a recessive trait). This is pure specualtion based on my experience of growing Mazar I Shariff (or so I was told). In this strain new growth occured on the surface of petioles as well as at internodes (which is normal). As long as the plants can finish healthy with good meds, at the end of the day I don't see it being a major issue. Take care, hope this helps a little, :peace:

Thanks bro, Im not too concerned, I just thought it was interesting and wondered if anyone else experienced anything similar. Thanks for the help!
Peace

TheHod65 said:
any one know whats wrong????

It looks like some sort of deficiency, not sure exactly, I would have to do some more research to figure it out, but I would flush it out and then feed. This is probably an old post, so this plant has probably been harvested and smoked by now anyway. Lol, sorry I have been too busy to keep up over here. Good luck

Hey "The Hod 65" Did you flush and if so how did she end up doing?

Hello "WhizHigh" I have the same thing going on right now and I was told to just flush with PH balanced water and it should go away.... do you agree? I know this post is old but I just want to make sure that is all I need to do or if you have any other recommendations. I truly appreciate any help you're willing to offer!!
Thanks

Hey guys im new here. I have a 5 week old under cfl 6500k and its got some strange looking fan leaves. The plant looks incredibly healthy nice and green with no spots. Anything i should be concerned with ? Please let me know i have just switched over to flowering mode

Attachments

• 1110181308_HDR.jpg
    1110181308_HDR.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 561
Hermaphrodites have normal looking leaves, or at least as normal as any non-hermaphrodites- so I wouldn’t read that problem in.
If the plant is actually mutated, causing that twisting shape, it’s quite possible the buds might have a funky shape as well. Other than that I don’t think quality would be affected.
It’s possible there’s a nutrient related cause, I’ve just never seen it.

6 week old cannabis plant day 4 into the flower mode. I woke up this morning and I noticed on the very bottom of the plant the first set I woke up this morning and I noticed on the very bottom of the plant the oldest set of fan leaves are starting to get yellow tips. Is this a normal sign that the plan is almost done with those leaves or is it a sign of nitrogen deficiency?

Attachments

• 1114180813.jpg
    1114180813.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 445
Back
Top Bottom