deformity in new growth

dom42

i got some head bands going and they are in the 3rd week of veg. When i got these clones they were already rooted.

i transplanted them into 1gallon size pots w/ coco/perlite. they have since been under t5's (3weeks). I have been using "house and garden" (coco's a and b) and some Cal mag....along w/ RO water.

i am currently hand feeding them at a duration of every other day or when they are light in weigth. every thing has been fine up until this morn'n......i notice that the new growth have some retardation to them.

the new growths seem to be twisting and leaves only have 3 tips instead of the normal five. Color of leaves look normal.....what could be causing them to grow deformed.

coco isn't a soil and the best way to grow with it is to use what's called a run to waste set up. This requires several small feedings per day with a total daily run off at around 10%. It's virtually impossible to over water in coco too. I've run coco for years. The cal/mag is a good isea as coco seems to be deficient cal and mag for some reason. Did you pre rinse your coco or was it rinsed before you bought it? The cheaper brands of coco need to be rinsed because cocnuts are a coastal product the coir carries a ton of beach sand which equals salts which screws up PH and PPM readings.

coco isn't a soil and the best way to grow with it is to use what's called a run to waste set up. This requires several small feedings per day with a total daily run off at around 10%. It's virtually impossible to over water in coco too. I've run coco for years. The cal/mag is a good isea as coco seems to be deficient cal and mag for some reason. Did you pre rinse your coco or was it rinsed before you bought it? The cheaper brands of coco need to be rinsed because cocnuts are a coastal product the coir carries a ton of beach sand which equals salts which screws up PH and PPM readings.

Yes i am aware that coco is n't a soil......the only reason i hand feed is because i don't have my auto setup in my veg room yet. And it allows me to check each site one at a time...I know very time consuming(sorry for the no pix)

No, i didn't pre rinse the coco....every one that i talk to said i don't have to since its the higher end . the brand is "CANA". i have a buddy pretty much doing and using the same stuff w/ the sam e exact strain and he is have'n no problems what so ever. The only diff. is that he's using tap water and a different PH adjuster solution. i really am think'n its the ph solution...im using that new highly concentrated stuff. this stuff will literally adjust some'n that is 7.0 to 6.0 w/ 1 drop into a 100 gallon reservoir. And i do take my time when adjusting.

So i guess i will try the tap water and the same brand ph adjuster to see what hap'ns. hopefully it will fix itself.

Back
Top Bottom