Dehulled seed germination test

Fullyspectrum

I unfortunately dehulled a seed cracked the shell and as a piece fell off thought woukd Experiment. Has been fully removed from shell and placed in damp cloth. After a few hours it has already begun to change. Looks like it's butterflying apart no tap root yet.

Hopefully is a good sign, will keep you guys posted.

20170214_151531.jpg

I honestly do not think a shell is needed all it does is protect the plant seedling inside like a turtle does when its scared.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Cool experiment. Yeah as long as you keep it clean- this could be very helpful for sprouting old seeds that have trouble cracking the shell.

Definitely will be clean as possible. I'm thinking the butterflying I mentioned is the Endosperm swelling from moisture and begining the germination process. The swelling and butterflying must be the process that cracks the seed. Fingers crossed I see tap root within next few days.

I may try repeat the process on some more seeds down track as well. More data on the process the better.

Looked like a beginning of a tap root started to form but hasn't progressed. Will keep it damp and warm and wait and see. At least is showing no signs of rotting or browning yet. Or no smell on paper towel so looks like could still progress further. Made sure paper towel is only lightly damp not wet as seed needs oxygen, also excess water encourages rot.

Back
Top Bottom