Dehumidifier when raining: 100% humidity outside?

PacificNorthWest

Hi all,

I have a 4x4x6 grow tent in my basement. It's got 195 CFM active intake, passive exhaust. Both intake and exhaust is ran through ducting to outside (through a window that I boarded up and cut two duct holes in).

My tent is sitting at about 50-60% humidity...It's almost 100% humidity outside (vancouver island). Would it be useless to add a dehumidifier to my grow room due to the fact that I am pushing in humid air all the time from outside? I have one that I could put in the tent...but I'm afraid I would just be wasting electricity.

Maybe I should look at pulling air from the basement itself (a little warmer / less humid)...I thought grabbing air from outside would best, but now I am reconsidering it half way through flower and having difficulty keeping humidity < 60.

Looking for some input from experience.

Thanks!

Humidity varies for plants, as high as 70% for seedlings and clones. More mature plants in veg as low as 40% (40 is bottom minimum).

50 - 60 should be fine but

Your on Vancouver Island what is the temperature inside the tent using outside air?

Plants don't do as well at 60f and below and 70ish is a good target.

I guess I could have given more information.

Running two 315 CMH inside the tent. They have the ballasts on them so they give off a bit of heat.

Tent temperatures at the bulbs are 91-93 Temperatures at the canopy are 70-72. Temperatures at the bottom of the tent where the fresh air comes in is about 60-61. Outside temperatures during day: 45. It's about 10 feet of 5 inch ducting drawing the fresh air in.

My question was if a dehumidifier in the tent during flower would be beneficial. I've come to the conclusion that if I'm pulling in fresh air from outside with a 195cfm fan...it would be extremely useless as the entire tent has new air twice a minute.

Maybe I'll consider just drawing in basement air and running the dehumidifier just near the intakes. Then I will probably be dealing with higher temps. Ahh...the balancing game.

I have flowerd at 70% humidity and never had a problem just keep air flowing threw thows buds and youll be fine .I was worried too but it was for nothing just keep good airflow inside tent with fans.i would hit 75% at lights out. my tems i had at 78 79f

I have my fan extracting air out of tent into another room and taking in basement air my grow is in basement never had a problem but get a good carbon filter that has a higher capacity then your fan puts out and your good to go it'll even cleen the smell of the burning joints lol

I have my fan extracting air out of tent into another room and taking in basement air my grow is in basement never had a problem but get a good carbon filter that has a higher capacity then your fan puts out and your good to go it'll even cleen the smell of the burning joints lol

Cool cheeks thanks. I think I've got great circulation so should be fine.

No need for a carbon filter here. Love that smell throughout the house during flower!

Back
Top Bottom