Dekons - 2nd CFL - Indoor Unknown Bagseed

Day 31

When I say she's a monster guy's here ya go...

Here's some photos of my little closet area all closed up with box fan in place. Only major light leaks is from where the fan is but once the closet door gets closed it takes care of that.

100_09346.JPG
100_09358.JPG
\

Now upon taking the top and side cover off we have this....

100_09297.JPG
100_093310.JPG
100_09317.JPG

That's one of the other branches I had to super crop cause it was just bout 8in above the average canopy height so it got snapped.

There's 242w of CFL in there right now but it's a little hard to tell cause the plant is swallowing up the lights... hahaha I'm waiting for the morning when I pull the cover off that the plant is blocking all noticeable light :)

This is the reason why I said keeping her tied down and trimmed is a must... Huge plant, small space and hot CFLs means a lot of burned leaves if not taken care of. She literally is taking up all available space in there.

100_09305.JPG
100_09327.JPG

And with the lights off this gives you all a better view without all that yellowy coloring....

100_09365.JPG

more to come :)

:peacetwo:

(click) :popcorn: and now i am buckled in!!! lookin nice there dekon!!! i really should pay attention to signatures more often!!! those flowers look nice :bravo:

haha yeah this is my major project as of right now... It's truly testing the capabilities of CFLs and growing in small spaces. I think this plant has seen every type of training both low stress and high.

I really need to get a tent so I can use my 250w MH light again. The heat it produces would just be overkill for that little area in the closet.

Day 35

Well she's been coming a long nicely IMO. She is still continuing to grow vertically so you gotta love that sativa stretch. I wouldn't think it would hurt to give her a splash of (N) but on this grow I'm trying not to use as much. My last grow by the end looked like it had way too much (N).

So far have not had any Cal/Mag issues on this grow, possibly due to the molasses water I'm using this time around. Only issues I've noticed with the molasses water is it does not keep a stable PH for long. After a day or two the PH drops on the very acidic side. So I try not to keep it around for very long.

Other than that my only concern about this whole thing is the plant size in relation to container size. This is kind of a big plant for only a 4GAL bucket. The average canopy height is 2ft but there's over 12 major flowering tops not including the bottom popcorn sites. I'm almost sure by the end of the grow she will be completely root bound.

100_09425.JPG
100_09473.JPG
100_09455.JPG
100_09444.JPG
100_09493.JPG
100_09503.JPG

No trich development as of yet but she's still got a few more weeks to go.

More to come :)

B-E-A-UTIFUL LOVING IT dekon!! An inspiration to a CFL grower!:bravo:
Wishing for my plant to look like that eventually!
I would like to know...are those two lower lights touching leaves or buds?? if so are you not getting burns???

Thanks FGG!

As of right now no none of my lights are touching any of the leaves or buds. Now occasionally, yes I do get some burned leaves. What I try to do is keep an eye on which leaves and snip them off. I'll either take half or the whole fan leaf just depends on how close and bad they get to the lights.

Day 35

So far have not had any Cal/Mag issues on this grow, possibly due to the molasses water I'm using this time around. Only issues I've noticed with the molasses water is it does not keep a stable PH for long. After a day or two the PH drops on the very acidic side. So I try not to keep it around for very long.

I'm a new grower, and using cfl/dwc and this is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for the detailed journal, I've been lurking around:adore: and it's helped tremendously!

I'm a new grower, and using cfl/dwc and this is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for the detailed journal, I've been lurking around:adore: and it's helped tremendously!

I'm glad I was able to help somehow :) and :goodluck: on your grow!

You have a beatiful lady there my friend!:high-five: I would keep trimming her fan leaves so light can get down to the under buds. She won't be root bound in my opinion because those 4 gallon kitty litter pots have plenty of space and work great. Yea you gotta love how those sativa's keep growing and growing:)

Your set up is kinda like mine in many ways. Rite now I use 208 watts of cfl's in a roughly 2'x2' space got a cardboard hood and a 20 inch fan as well. Gotta keep it simple.

:goodluck: with your grow and :bravo:

You have a beatiful lady there my friend!:high-five: I would keep trimming her fan leaves so light can get down to the under buds. She won't be root bound in my opinion because those 4 gallon kitty litter pots have plenty of space and work great. Yea you gotta love how those sativa's keep growing and growing:)

Your set up is kinda like mine in many ways. Rite now I use 208 watts of cfl's in a roughly 2'x2' space got a cardboard hood and a 20 inch fan as well. Gotta keep it simple.

:goodluck: with your grow and :bravo:

Thank You! Yeah I don't have much space nor cash to play with but I make due with what I have :)

Hi there! Very, very cool plant! I agree with Light-1-up; you will not have root-bound problems. A four-gallon pot will have plenty of room for a plant that size. What kind of water are you using? If tapwater, do you leave it out to leach off chlorine?

Thank You :Namaste:

Yeah as far as my water is considered it's tap water. My state recently released this years water findings and of course the county that I live in has the worst water in the whole state. So YES, I DEF let my water sit out for 24 if not 48hrs in advance. I wont mix any nutes or additives until then, made that mistake once before. :)

Beautiful grow, can't wait for the big finish!

I read so many poor stories about cfl, but my experience with other plants said it had to be pretty decent if managed properly, and then I found your grow journals! and I knew I wasn't as crazy as my friends kept saying, so thanks for restoring my faith in my sanity...for now...

Beautiful grow, can't wait for the big finish!

I read so many poor stories about cfl, but my experience with other plants said it had to be pretty decent if managed properly, and then I found your grow journals! and I knew I wasn't as crazy as my friends kept saying, so thanks for restoring my faith in my sanity...for now...

Thank You :)

Yeah this is my 2nd time using CFLs ever so I'm not a pro by no means. I'll share a few of my experiences in hope to help any future CFL growers out there. Not everyone has a tent or a large enough space for HIDs. I myself own a 250w MH and I can't even use it due to lack of space.

- CFLs do get hot no matter the size from 13w to 200+ Remember you and your plant are different. Just cause you don't think its hot doesn't mean your plant don't. Always check for burns, cupping and heat stress signs they will be evident especially during the flower stage.

- Keep the lights as close as possible without burning or causing heat stress. Fans here can either be a friend or a foe. The fans can actually be the things causing your plants to blow into the lights and get burned. This is were I do some trimming, keep the leaves off the lights and away from them. Trim, Tuck, Tie and Trim (kinda like that 4 D's in that DodgeBall Movie... haha)

- If you are not doing a Scrog Grow then try to surround your plants with lights. I try not to focus all the light over top the plant but try to stage them from the bottom all the way up. CFLs are by no means HIDs so the light penetration through the canopy is a lot different.

*NOTE* That's one of the reasons why I love CFLs cause you can put or mount them almost anywhere :)

- Sure you will have better results if you choose the appropriate color spectrum during each phase of the plants life. Although you don't have to, I've grown plants from seed to finish with the same 2700K spectrum bulbs.

- Replace your bulbs after a grow or two. Sure the box might say the bulbs last for up to 5-20yrs but I'm sure just like every other light bulb out there. That with over use and time they will degrade in performance.

*NOTE* That's another pro about CFLs there CHEAP! :)

Do your research and don't let anyone tell you that it can't be done IMO! :)

I'm doing it with 242w of CFL, 15 Mylar balloons, a kitty litter bucket, some cardboard and a dream.

Hope this helps anyone who decides to go the path of CFL due to space or heat issues :) :goodluck: :Namaste:

cant wait to see the harvest !
looks like you are a cfl pro with all that information you provided :) thanks

Day 43

Updates:
- Added an additional 80w of CFL "no reason just wanted to add more lights" So believe that currently brings me around 322w of CFL.
- For the past week I've been giving her nothing but molasses water, my kind of mini flush. She'll get maybe one more week of nutes and that's it, then she will be put through her final flushing stages.
- Vertical growth has pretty much completely stopped and now she's just starting to swell with water and crystals :)

100_09613.JPG
100_09635.JPG
100_09653.JPG
100_09641.JPG
100_09626.JPG
100_09663.JPG

She still has a few more weeks, thank jebus.... That plant is kind of a pain to pull out, it's not the weight but all the lights I have to adjust to get the plant out :)

That's a nice lady you got there! Just let her swell up and do her thing:popcorn: I think she will like the extra cfl's. Molasses does wonders to help the buds swell up.

:bravo:

Wow a good reason why I hate living in/near a city. Went to my local HDepot today to check out the garden section. Low and behold to my surprise, they must have a general contract with MGrow. The ONLY soil they carry in the entire store is MGrow. They had every single type and size bag it was stupid. I was just trying to find a simple bag of perlite and all they have is the MGrow Perlite with MG nutes already mixed. I'm not trying to knock MG but my local HDepot. Talk about customer selection pfft that went right out the window.

Its sad cause I think my grocery store has more of a soil selection than any of the larger corporate stores around my area. The closest hydro store that carry's FF soils and every other great brand is about an hour away.

Back
Top Bottom