Delhi Friend & Red Leicester Tease In Coco

Re: Delhi Friend & Red Leicester Tease In Coco

Damn 21% . that's LEGIT and nice work! Just clarifying, are you running an oz of flower, or, are you ending up with a final yield of an oz of oil?

Nonetheless, I can't imagine I'll ever have a crop where I don't end up with more than I need. Running a majority of it through a press seems like it'd be the best way to store some yield for a long period of time (if it even lasts that long hah).

What're your thoughts on the manual presses vs the super posh pneumatic ones? At the end of the day is there a big diff in yield? Quality? I'm definitely planning on buying a press, but I could buy a decent manual press long before I'll have a spare $800 to sink into the higher end ones.

Sorry about these slow replies
But ye Oz of flower each run

I mean it depends what direction your coming from, if it's strictly personal you may aswell stick with a manual press just to save ya self some money.

It's about 30mins work from cold plates to finished rosin which with a Oz at 15% gives just over 4g of extract so it really depends how long that would last you and how physically capable you are of operating the press.

From a quality standpoint I've only ever used a manual press so can't compare but with patience and precision of temp and pressure I have no reason to believe quality would be comparable.

One tip ive learnt is more pressure is not always a good thing, I've found the sweet spot for me and my filters is around the 1500psi mark on the plates.
Read something about higher pressures pushing out more fats which I could kinda see in test batches, flavour is where you defo notice it tho, much more of a plant taste as the pressure increase but this is pressure at the plates themselves not what your press is kicking out.
Could double pressure and plate size for larger runs in theory.

I will be documenting all I have learned soon. This is why I've been away from the forum but I'll be back regular soon.
Hope you guys are keeping well.

Some pics of my rosin though
420-magazine-mobile927973814.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1545738606.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1857091144.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom