Delocated420's 1000W Organic Soil - 2012

really nice veg setup there delocated, i take it thats the tying down method? I've heard of it just never seen it done and gotta admit them some furry pipe cleaners lol hehe

Ya i like to bend em down real low and then let em blow up straight for a few weeks and then bend again untill the whole pots covered with leading tips of growth :)

and you know it bud i got those pipe cleaners at the local "craft" shop, all they had was 100 packs of "rainbow" color lol actually says rainbow on the bag. But hey at 50 cents a bag i wasnt gonna complain :grinjoint:

Everything looks great! Delo. How long are planning on vegging them?

Those are my mothers, so for a few years :grinjoint:
Im only gonna keep 1 of each strain tho, so 1 of the Blackberry's and 2 of the Exodus Cheese will stay in there until i need the room for new strains, then they'll be flowered under my 2year old 400w HPS in a "scrog" style grow in my dad's closet.
while those are flowering ill be vegging my next gen. of plants in my room(shown here) under my 1000w MH for "Round #2"

nice and yeah cant beat 50 cents for a pack thats for sure

Just finished a batch for my CO2 generator, used a different yeast this time and its end result is a bit messier with the extra foaming but its producing a huge amount of CO2 compared to the other yeast.
I set it up in my 1x1x3, which i'll refer to as my "Pre-flower Room", then move my hydro experiment in there to root and grow under the stronger light to make more room for the clone dome in the other room.
I've got a total of 4 grow rooms now in a 16x10 bedroom :ganjamon:

Heres a pic of how the CO2 is ran in the Pre-flower Room
IMG_20121130_194902.jpg

say how do you calculate your co2 ppms with a yeast and sugar with water i guess generator?

I havent the slightest idea lol, ive been going along with what Vick told me and that is that the DIY fermentation CO2 generators produce somewhere between 300-400ppm. I only say my new batch is making more because i can physically see more going on in the system, where it used to pop a bubble at a time in the filter bottle now its 3-4 bubbles in the same time frame as before, whether that actually amounts to more CO2 i have no idea lol

ah what is your co2 generator directions? or is it in your thread here back a few pages?

you can search the web for "DIY fermentation C02 generator" and get directions, but its pretty simple. i cant link out to another site or i'd offer you a link to some kind of directions.

and for the mixture put 1.8L of water in a pan and heat to 200 degrees F, i then add 1 cup of granulated sugar and stir until dissolved. Once dissolved i let stand until it reaches 100 degrees F then i add 14 grams of yeast and mix until dissolved then let stand 1 hour maintaining 100 degrees F the whole time stirring occasionally to keep dissolved, after an hour its ready to be put into the generator

well then thats a very interesting receipe do you find it helps? also from what i've read when using co2 you want higher temps so the plants can use the co2 i think not 100% sure

and tyvm for the keywords, that is a very interesting setup you have :)

Thanks, i acredit the CO2 for a week to their good growth, next week theyll get CO2 again. making it more of a treat than a routine daily dose. And yeah ive noticed a little extra heat but its a good thing because its getting extremely cold here already and my heating in my house isnt the best so the little extra keeps the rooms steady.

Heres a little montage of my seedlings life so far, im pretty baked right now lol :ganjamon:

11/21 Day 1 of my little sprout
PART_13535551814982.jpg

11/27 Day 6 and i see some wierd brown spot on his/her leaf
IMG_20121127_1900262.jpg

11/29 Day 8 and she/he has been put under a 68w 2700K CFL in a 1x1x3 tent, starting to speed up growth
IMG_20121129_2123241.jpg

12/1/12 Day 10,present, She/He is truckin along great, CO2 enrichment for the last 18hours and just about ready to open 3rd node and showing 4th nodes leaf tips, im pretty excited between 6x the light as it started with, myco's in the soil, and CO2, she/he's gonna be a beast :)
IMG_20121201_145752.jpg

When should I transplant him/her? i dont want the roots to ball up and i also dont want to lose alot of dirt in transplant as im looking to cause as little stress as possible.

ive never heard of anything like that, but hell until a couple weeks ago i never knew CO2 was even added to grow rooms lol
I'm really not that advanced of a grower ive only been dabbling in cannabis for 3 or 4 years and growing maybe 2 years. Its the only thing ive ever grown in my life never had any garden experience i just try to read alot here on :420: and play around with home made stuff and stoned ideas come alive. :tokin:

OK I'll just give a basic rundown of what I'm speaking. Every type of combustion takes up oxygen and produces co2. Many people with larger grows choose to produce co2 with propane or natural gas burners. Most often the burners are controlled by co2 meters in the grow room and keep it at the ideal 800-1600 ppm level.

oh ok thanks man, i always wondered what they used to produce c02 in big rooms i had no idea it was propane or natural gas thats pretty cool.

I got bored, what a shocker lol, and i took apart my hydro experiment to make a better one. I took a cut of BlackberryKush and Exodus Cheese, sat them in a glass of PH'd water, mixed up 1oz of seaweed extract in a gallon of water, then PH'd it to 5.7 and filled the Res. half way up. cut a rockwool cube in half and pushed each cutting through a half then set it down into the cups i made for the hydro, filled around it with washed tank rocks to give it some support. Only 1 cutting (blackberry) is protruding into the Res. the other (exodus cheese) is just barely poking through the bottom of the rockwool peeking into the Res.

IMG_20121201_170124.jpg

IMG_20121201_170134.jpg

So the new plan is this, let the roots come in on the 2 clones in the hydro, then let them veg along side Trainwreck X Mendo for 3-4 more weeks then flower all three in there under the 68W cfl (mounted horizontally then) with a couple extra 23w & 13w cfl's tossed in there.
hopefully if Trainwreck X Mendo is a male it will polinate the 2 females in the hydro and give me some really cool new seeds to play with :)

What do you guys think of my hydro setup? decent for free? I just hope it'll work.

will its in a coffee container which is pretty light proof or coffee wouldnt have very long shelf life.. as far as temp i check it now and again im usually around 67-72 F which should be fine yeah??

So today i noticed my Chemdog has mites again, Friggle frack......So i went to the local farming store, and while looking for Doktor Doom mite spray to just blast them suckers she told me that she has dozens of organic cannabis farmer friends(what a bad ass coincidence? lol) that use this stuff called Organocide 3 in 1, so she takes me to an aisle in the VERY back of the store, and I see a god send in disguise! an ENTIRE aisle in the store is just indoor gardening, aero cloners, bulbs, lights, ballasts, nutes, the whole sha-bang! i was so shocked to see it in the local home and ranch type store. Sadly they were all out of DoktorDoom, and growing in my bedroom it would have required moving my bed, clothes and 40+ bongs out of my room into the kitchen to spray then back, so I got her suggested Organicide 3 in 1, it was a little pricy but comparable to a can of D.D.

This is what it looks like, anyone else ever try it before? it says same day harvest on it....wont even try that but its nice to see because i assume that means it must be pretty safe. ingredients are 92% edible fish oil, 3% Lecithin, active ingredient 5% sesame oil
pop250-a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom