420 Magazine Background

Dem proposal

TorturedSoul

Member of the Month: May 2009, Oct 2010, Sept 2017
That's all bullshit. I mean it's nice and all... But still bullshit. This isn't a f*cking consumer product issue, lol - it's a legal one. And it's really, really simple:

The entire basis for cannabis' "illegal" status on the federal level, the whole justification (if that word even fits here), if you will, is that cannabis is a Schedule I narcotic. In order to be considered a Schedule I narcotic, a substance is required to have:
no currently accepted medical use in the United States of America
a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision
a high potential for abuse

In actuality, cannabis meets NONE of these three requirements; therefore, legally speaking, it is not a Schedule I narcotic.

People can - and have, and will - argue the benefits of cannabis, and that's fine, as far as it goes. But, again, it's all bullshit. A very rough analogy would be if you live in one of those dumbchit "HOA" neighborhoods and a friend of yours wants to move there. He/she happens to be black (or of some ethnic background that is different than the current residents'). The nazis who govern the HOA decide they don't want {ethnicity} in their neighborhood, and refuse to allow it. You could tell them about what a nice person he/she is, how he/she is active in the community, would make a wonderful neighbor, et cetera...

...or you could just point out that their stance is illegal.

This isn't a cannabis issue - it's an "our federal government is ignoring its own rules! Which, if you think about it, should be far more concerning than any one specific example of the thing. IMHO, of course.

Althegardener2

I don't disagree. It seems like all these small proposals are skirting around that issue, and trying to elbow their way in where they can, but to be honest all it takes is re-scheduling it out of Schedule I hell.

MrIcculus

I don't disagree. It seems like all these small proposals are skirting around that issue, and trying to elbow their way in where they can, but to be honest all it takes is re-scheduling it out of Schedule I hell.
It needs de-scheduled, it would be the only way to start to right all the colossal wrongs caused by this gross misrepresentation of a benign herb.

Top Bottom