Denstore's First Grow 2019: Euphoria & Northern Lights

Denstore

Bucket Size - 3 gallon
Medium – All-mix with added perlite.
Lights – Roleadro Full Spectrum 300W LED
Nutrients – BiobIzz Trypack + Root Juice
Strain(s) – Northern Lights & Euphoria (Indica dominants)
# of Plants: 2

Hey guys,

I am happy to finally have joined the community that inspired me to start growing myself in the first place! I am excited to learn through the process, so please feel free to provide any feedback on my setup and my process throughout this journal, I really want to learn to become a better grower! Here is my setup:

Light:

I am growing the under a Roleadro Full Spectrum 300W LED lights (have not confirmed output yet tho) which is currently working on a 18/6 schedule during veg.

Grow tent & Airflow:
I am growing in a grow tent that is 120x150cm. I have one USB fan aimed at each plant, and an outgoing of 105m^3/h. I also have a humidifier in my tent to keep a constant humidity of between 35-50%. My current setup is a bit silly as one fan aimed at my Euphoria plant is connected through the light due to lack of an extension cord, so one fan is off during my 6 hours of darkness.

Grow medium:
I am growing Biobizz All-mix soil in 3-gallon pots, having just transplanted them from their smaller containers.

Feeding & Watering:
I have fed the larger once (Euphoria), and the smaller one once (Northern Lights) with a smaller amount of Biobizz grow. I also mixed in some Biobizz root juice right after the transplant for both plants. Since I just recently transplanted both plants, I have not been able to keep a record for a watering schedule yet. I water and feed with a PH of 6.5

Questions and concerns so far:

Short plants: Both plants are currently in the middle of their 1st week of veg, however, both plants seem to grow very short! This is something that I wrote about in my introduction here and received answers saying that I should not worry, however, I am wondering what causes shorter plants? (I understand that they are Indicas, but they are unusually short compared to other grows I have seen)

Airflow, light: I am a little bit worried about the airflow as the plants grow larger. I currently have two vents open, one for the outgoing fan and one for air suction going into the tent. My worry is that a minimal amount of light goes into one of the vents during the dark hours, should this be a problem?

Veg and Feeding: As previously explained, I am currently in my first week of veg, however, this might not be entirely true. I did the mistake of starting my grow during a stressful period at work, and I completely lost track of the days. I can therefore not decide when veg “started” or when I should start feeding my plants with the full serving of nutes. Is it possible for you experienced growers to see whether the plants are large enough to receive a full serving of grow nutes? And is it also possible to estimate how far into veg the both plants are only based on the photos of the plants?

Both:
6.png1.jpg

Euphoria:
3.png5.png

Northern Lights:
2.png4.png

Welcome Denstore, your plants look good to me. The size is fine. Generally plenty of light makes them grow shorter. That's a good thing.
Air flow is ok for know. If you can't control humidity later you can improve that.
Light leaks are no good! I make a light trap of sorts out of flexible air vent pipe. A bend or two will do to black it out. Put it in the hole and make a shape of it like an S.
I feed after 3 weeks of water only, then starting at 25% of the top amount and work up. Great start keep going!

Thank you guys! Will definitely invest in a new ducting hose to take care of that leaking light. Happy to hear that the shortness of the plants is no problem. Intuitively I figured it should be good as we do not want the stretching, but got a bit worried as they look like dwarfs at the moment :D I am a bit worried I might have overfed them, as I just read that one should wait a bit with feeding after transplanting as they receive enough nutrients from the soil. I will just have to wait and see I guess, and I will of course keep updating here!

Bucket Size - 3 gallon
Medium – All-mix with added perlite.
Lights – Roleadro Full Spectrum 300W LED
Nutrients – BiobIzz Trypack + Root Juice
Strain(s) – Northern Lights & Euphoria (Indica dominants)
# of Plants: 2

Hey guys,

I am happy to finally have joined the community that inspired me to start growing myself in the first place! I am excited to learn through the process, so please feel free to provide any feedback on my setup and my process throughout this journal, I really want to learn to become a better grower! Here is my setup:

Light:

I am growing the under a Roleadro Full Spectrum 300W LED lights (have not confirmed output yet tho) which is currently working on a 18/6 schedule during veg.

Grow tent & Airflow:
I am growing in a grow tent that is 120x150cm. I have one USB fan aimed at each plant, and an outgoing of 105m^3/h. I also have a humidifier in my tent to keep a constant humidity of between 35-50%. My current setup is a bit silly as one fan aimed at my Euphoria plant is connected through the light due to lack of an extension cord, so one fan is off during my 6 hours of darkness.

Grow medium:
I am growing Biobizz All-mix soil in 3-gallon pots, having just transplanted them from their smaller containers.

Feeding & Watering:
I have fed the larger once (Euphoria), and the smaller one once (Northern Lights) with a smaller amount of Biobizz grow. I also mixed in some Biobizz root juice right after the transplant for both plants. Since I just recently transplanted both plants, I have not been able to keep a record for a watering schedule yet. I water and feed with a PH of 6.5

Questions and concerns so far:

Short plants: Both plants are currently in the middle of their 1st week of veg, however, both plants seem to grow very short! This is something that I wrote about in my introduction here and received answers saying that I should not worry, however, I am wondering what causes shorter plants? (I understand that they are Indicas, but they are unusually short compared to other grows I have seen)

Airflow, light: I am a little bit worried about the airflow as the plants grow larger. I currently have two vents open, one for the outgoing fan and one for air suction going into the tent. My worry is that a minimal amount of light goes into one of the vents during the dark hours, should this be a problem?

Veg and Feeding: As previously explained, I am currently in my first week of veg, however, this might not be entirely true. I did the mistake of starting my grow during a stressful period at work, and I completely lost track of the days. I can therefore not decide when veg “started” or when I should start feeding my plants with the full serving of nutes. Is it possible for you experienced growers to see whether the plants are large enough to receive a full serving of grow nutes? And is it also possible to estimate how far into veg the both plants are only based on the photos of the plants?

Both:
6.png1.jpg

Euphoria:
3.png5.png

Northern Lights:
2.png4.png
Hi Denstore! Welcome to the forum! Veg started the day they came out into the sunlight and I would estimate your plants to be around the 2-3 week range just looking at them and comparing them to mine. I would still be in solo cups so as to develop the rootball and be able to control the watering at this point, but you didn't say if they were auto's or not, and I know that the popular advice with them is to quickly uppot to a large container. You now have a bit of a challenge ahead of you, to fill up that container with roots, and with proper watering it can be done. It will also be very easy to overwater at this point too, so be careful.
Strong LED lights are known for producing short plants. Don't stress... this is a good thing. When they finally get to flower they are going to almost double in height and stretch out. You will be glad that they started out so short.
They look healthy at this point and could probably handle the nutes just fine, but I stress that proper watering techniques need to be used so that those nutes can be fully utilized. Don't let water pool in the bottom of those containers between waterings.

Hi Emilya,

Thank you for your message and your help! It is very appreciated.

You are right, I completely forgot to mention that they are regular feminized seeds and not autos, and I should have left them in the solo containers for longer. Watering is my biggest concern during this process, and now that I have transplanted both plants, I am a little worried about over/underwatering. I noticed that the soil on the sides dries up a lot faster than the soil in the middle of the container, and I am a bit worried that I might hurt any roots if I stick my finger down an inch too close to the plant to check if it is moist or not. Is there any good way to see or know when the plant is in need of watering? I want to master the watering part to make my first grow as successful as possible!

Once again, thank you for your help!

P.S. The quotes in your signature are great :D

Hi Emilya,

Thank you for your message and your help! It is very appreciated.

You are right, I completely forgot to mention that they are regular feminized seeds and not autos, and I should have left them in the solo containers for longer. Watering is my biggest concern during this process, and now that I have transplanted both plants, I am a little worried about over/underwatering. I noticed that the soil on the sides dries up a lot faster than the soil in the middle of the container, and I am a bit worried that I might hurt any roots if I stick my finger down an inch too close to the plant to check if it is moist or not. Is there any good way to see or know when the plant is in need of watering? I want to master the watering part to make my first grow as successful as possible!

Once again, thank you for your help!

P.S. The quotes in your signature are great :D
Thanks! Please click on the one about how to properly water... it should answer your questions. :)

Hey guys! Sorry for the infrequent updates, but here is a short update on the growth of my indicas, and a few of my concerns.
1548111774787.png

As you can see, the tiny ones are growing okay considering that I had to transplant them again due to my mistake of only filling half of the pots with soil. This was done with a few concerns as I fed them right after that 2nd transplant, and I now fear that I have either overwatered them, or that they do suffer from nutrient burns. I have noticed discoloring and drying on the lower leaves of both plants. I have also noticed that there are some cracks on the top leaves.

8.png9.png
10.png11.png

Can someone provide some guidance on why these issues occur? And what can I do about them? I am worried that the problems will spread as both plants were fed recently and are still are quite moist.

Are you now watering properly and letting them dry out all the way to the bottom between waterings?

Well I made a mistake in that I watered them with food right after a transplant, and that is when this happened. I cannot decide if the symptoms are because of overwatering in which case I have to just wait, or because of nutrient burn in which case I wanna flush them with clear water :/

Well I made a mistake in that I watered them with food right after a transplant, and that is when this happened. I cannot decide if the symptoms are because of overwatering in which case I have to just wait, or because of nutrient burn in which case I wanna flush them with clear water :/
I know that is a popular term, but you have not burned them. They are SLIGHTLY over fertilized. Just sit back and relax and water them with properly pH adjusted water next time without the nutes, and then wait for her to establish a strong wet/dry cycle. She will recover ... just note for the future that that dark forest green that looks so pretty... it really isnt.

I know that is a popular term, but you have not burned them. They are SLIGHTLY over fertilized. Just sit back and relax and water them with properly pH adjusted water next time without the nutes, and then wait for her to establish a strong wet/dry cycle. She will recover ... just note for the future that that dark forest green that looks so pretty... it really isnt.

Hmm, I really thought the dark color was a good thing, common for indicas :/ Well thanks for the help. I am getting worried about the plants, especially the larger one as, as they do not seem to stretch as much as they should have for their age.

I have raised my LED as much as I can (approx 50-60cm above the plants), but they do not seem to stretch that much at all. Do you guys have any tips? Is this a common thing? I am also a bit worried that the larger fan leaves are covering the smaller leaves trying to grow out because of the shortness of the plant.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hey all,

So sorry for not posting for a while, I have been extremely busy!
I am now a couple a weeks in flower and I think everything is going well considering it is my first grow :snowboating:

Both plants are looking good, but the Euphoria plant is looking slightly better than the Northern Light at the moment. I realized right before entering the flower phase that my PH had been off as I had not calibrated my PH meter accurately. I managed to fix this before entering the 12-12 cycle, and since then I have had no problems. My only mistake was that I did not defoliate the plants enough before entering the flower stage, and leaves are now blocking some bud sites, but no biggie I hope.

The girls are in the dark cycle now, but I will post pics of the whole plants tomorrow! Here are two pictures I took today of bud sites:

Euphoria:

Northern Lights:

All the best,
DS

Back
Top Bottom