Depression: Medical Marijuana Is A Successful Therapy

Also, effexor is the worst for a bloke having sex. It is like having a drag car ready to go, but the lights never go green. I call it blue ball syndrome!

Amen to that.

Other than that, I just didn't feel like myself. My friends and family noticed an extreme difference in my personality and demeanor during the period of time I took it. As a friend of mine described it, I was "a complete zombie". Effexor was definitely not one of the more helpful anti-depressants I've been on.

I have a very close friend who was in a combat platoon in Vietnam and they were cut off for days. When they were finally reached, he was one of only 12 or 13 guys who survived.
He is in his 60's now and he still fights his demons by staying co*ed out and drunk all day every day. Of course he smokes weed too, But he says he hates that dopy feeling from weed.
It just brakes my heart to see him that way.
I will be paying him a visit next month and I plan on giving him some well needed advice on these auto flowering strains like auto AK47 and LR#2 which have an up high.
He, like so many others, needs to be informed that their are different effects from different strains and I just want to help him find one that fills his specific needs.
I think LR#2 for day time and maybe auto blueberry for night time should be a good prescription for him.
I think he just got his first computer with internet recently so I will be steering him to this site for sure and also my favorite bean sites as well.
I just hate to see him killing him self with coe and boose and if I can teach him how to grow his own weed and show him where to get supplies to do it, then he may have a good therapy tool to help him.
Growing it self is probably one of the greatest hobbies their is, and is good therapy for someone like him. And then to be rewarded by the medicinal benefits of the weed it's self...well, it can only be a win/win situation.
I will be turning him on to some LR#2 and dieselryder that I'm growing right now so he can get a taste of what I'll be teaching him, so I'm stoked about that!

My dad's brother came back from WW2 with what was then called shell shock.He didn't come out of his room when we kids were around because the noise was too much for him.In later years he felt guilty for his behavior.We owe these people our freedom.It's the least we can do to let them heal themselves in any way they can.:peace:

I have my MMJ card here in california partly due to depression. I can only imagine the fear the brave men and women overseas suffer. God bless you all.

Home of the Brave
Everythings gonna be alright boys, help is on the way
Hold your head up high now, theres no need to cry now
Were not running anymore

Leave the politics behind boys, theyre not working anymore
Theres so much more at stake here, its make or break here
Havent we been here before - tell me what were waiting for

Chorus:
You gotta remember, you dont have to be afraid
You still have the freedom to learn, and say what you wanna say
You gotta remember, dont let em take away
The land we call the home of the brave

Who sings the song of the people, you dont hear it anymore
I heard it late last summer, to the beat of a different drummer
It never sounded quite like that before

So youre trying to shake this feeling, that troubles right outside the door
You lie awake each dark night, like a time bomb wound up too tight
A storm in waiting, just offshore - tell me what were waiting for

Oh yeah... I've been put on trazodone, fluoxetine, Effexor XR, amitryptaline, bupropion, etc (not all at once). The only thing that's ever really helped me was cannabis, but it's virtually impossible to get medical marijuana for depression in Canada.

-jps :peace:

i just stopped taking my medication for my depression and various brain fuckups, and i just smoke weed now, ive told my doctor that im just smoking pot now, and he told me that i cant get medicinal, fucking canada.:roorrip:

After putting my fist through the wall a couple of times, I told my Dr. that the eff*xor no longer worked for me, so he now has me on zolo*t which seems to be working out ok for now.
I asked him how it works and what the side effects are and he told me that what it does, is keeps your mood at an even kilter, not to excited and not to down, but somewhere in the middle, and I swear, I can tell that seems to be the case...I'm glad too!
He also said, the only complaint he seems to get are mostly from women, who say that they can't seem to get emotional anymore, and went on to explain that what those women meant by that was, they cant seem to cry at funerals or weddings or any other time that would normally make them upset or emotional.
My wife and I told him that I rarely ever get emotional anyway, so thats not a problem for me.
In fact, my wife told him that she has only seen me tear up like three times in the 12 years we've been together, and all three times were at funerals where someone close to me died.

I cry watching chick flicks. Oh - I've never commented on the original post. Can you spell E U P H O R I A ? Yeah, MMJ is a slam dunk to mitigate the affects of depression. I use it that way too much lately, due to my family situation.

I cry watching chick flicks. Oh - I've never commented on the original post. Can you spell E U P H O R I A ? Yeah, MMJ is a slam dunk to mitigate the affects of depression. I use it that way too much lately, due to my family situation.

Oh yea...even my wife (who by the way, doesn't smoke) says that I am alot more laied back and easy going when I smoke.
The only thing she hates, is the fact that I ramble when I'm high...I get real chatty and analytical...I almost annoy myself...lol
But it's all good, because I come up with the best stuff to bring to the table here in the forums.
I just love brain storming up new ideas for cannabis reform and derive alot of passion that way...can ya dig?

You bet Jimbo. I can relate. Go get 'em.

If you deny one of God's gifts, then you are denying God, in which you are denying yourself.
Our government has been denying us in every way by first, denying us of a plant that was given to us as a gift from God, then denying us our God given freedom to use that gift for the betterment of man.

Damn, that's deep, and I just made that up...lol

Back
Top Bottom