Depression

I suffer from depression and have been diagnosed with General Depression + Seasonal Affective Disorder + Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

I have been treated with and laundry list of anti-depressants (Amitriptyline, Prozac, and more recently Cymbalta to name a few) unfortunately none of these medicines worked for me. Either the side effects were just too sever or they simply did not improve my mood.

Marijuana has been a LIFE SAVER for me for the last 11 years of my life. And mood improvement is what I use it for. And most of the time it works.

I get up and go to work. I sleep. I eat.

If you know anyone with true depression (clinical depression) you know those three things are just not happening for them. I've lost whole months of my life to this debilitating disease.

Now life has meaning for me. I KNOW this is because I smoke cannabis.

Thanks for a great website and community.

my paitents find reliefe form depression from comsuming canna but its strain dependant.some can even make it worse,i have found that the more up happy strains such as hashberry afghooey and satori are remarkable whereas critically smashed ww and some of the heavy indicas exagorate depression in me peeps.

The end of the year is depressing for me. I think its because my mom died in Jan, ber b day is in december, my bro also died and his b day is toward late october, and I havent had christmas like a family in a long time. I found mmj helps alot. Especially around this time. It removes the stress and lets me enjoy the "now" time instead of dwelling on the past.

I know exactly what you mean. Mj has helped me for the past 20 years after all the diff anti-deprsnts. The side affects suck!!! But with mj at least I have the motivation to work and take care of the things I need to. With the dprsnts I felt like a zombie it was almost worse then having the deprsn itself. I either constantly dwell on the past or am just miserable all the time. Crying for no reason or being angry at something thats really no big deal. Now I have moved to whidbey island, wa and havent been able to find anything for several months. I can feel the deprsn getting worse and dont want to take the pills again.

yes i have major depression, major anxiety and epilepsy and I use marijuana to calm down and to enjoy what little life I have. The drugs I am given have there own set of side effects, mj only has social side effects.

the end of year is horrible for me as well. my best friend ended his life three days before Christmas. It is also much safer to discontinue use of mj than anti-deppressants

I have been diagnosed with Major depreesion when I was a teen although I no longer have it when I did I smoked pot and it did not help unless I was high at the point in time. The only way it would work for me was if i was stoned 24/7. I now use marijuana for my extremly painful headachs, but for depression it did not work for me but hey everyone is diffrent it may work for some and yet make others worse.

Unfortunately I won't discuss this with my regular psychiatrist. Not sure but I suspect that most mainstream doctors will have nothing to do with discussions on the benefits of marijuana. They would look at my marijuana use as a problem that needed to be eliminated.

I love it when I see on the news a study that concludes drinking a glass of wine a day will prevent heart attacks, yet we all know alcohol is addicting.

Doctors look at marijuana as illegal.....They will have the same opinon if you were smoking cuba cigars. :smokin:

Man i tell you life can be very stressful sometimes. You have your ups and downs in life from a close one dying to you losing your job etc.. if you try drinking your problems away then you become and alcoholic and problems get worser. If you try to fix it by by trying a real drug then you become a drugie, but if you smoke mj. You feel alot better life has more meaning and you learn to figure out how life works we are the thinkers! I can be depressed sometimes and i know mj is always there to help. I think if everyone smoked life would be better right? everyone would be mellowed out and chilled.

my paitents find reliefe form depression from comsuming canna but its strain dependant.some can even make it worse,i have found that the more up happy strains such as hashberry afghooey and satori are remarkable whereas critically smashed ww and some of the heavy indicas exagorate depression in me peeps.

This is true for me. I Take anti-depresants for PTSD, and really need 2 different types of bud. A good social sativa or hybrid for going out and a strong indica to sleep.

I have problems sometimes just walking into wal-mart because of anxiety. I'd say more that an anti-depressant, I use it more for anti-anxiety, which helps me get out and socialize making me happier.

Part of my PTSD makes it hard to sleep sometimes. There have been plenty of nights when I can't sleep, so I smoked a bowl of some knock me the f out indica at 2 in the morning just to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom