Deptrai's Soil Medical Mass - 2016

Growing like crazy. Day 26. Watered with nutes today. Fan leaves have nowhere to go and are folding in on themselves against the side of the bucket.
day_264.JPG

Day 4 of flowering:
I removed her from the bucket for the first time since it was becoming difficult to water from the top. Also added the 4" Ventech fan & DIY carbon filter. Hopefully the smell will subside now!
Setup:
setup78.JPG

Plant:
day_34b.JPG

day_34a.JPG

Roots:
roots64.JPG

Stem:
stem13.JPG

I watered with nutes (per schedule) today and had trouble getting the PH up. 30 drops of PH up and I was still only at about 6. I haven't had this problem until today and suspect its because of the extra nutes mixed in the tap water. I went out and got some distilled water and only had to add about 6-7 drops of PH up per 3 pints to get the right PH level.

Very little runoff today when watering with 6 pints. Next time I'll water more.

Flower day 11:
Watered 8 pints with nutes. Made a bonehead mistake and she only got 11 hours of darkness last night due to daylight savings time. My home automation system timer automatically sprung forward an hour.

The leaves are getting crispy around the base. This is where they're touching the LED strip lights that line the inside wall of the bucket. I'm thinking I may turn those off and just go with the UFO LED on top.

GOPR0967.JPG

I also added another piece of bucket making the overall height about 3.5'. Definitely getting a tent for the next grow!

The 4" Ventech really pulls some air. I don't even have it set to full power. The side leaves really are getting smushed together...especially the lower ones. I've turned the dial down on the LED strip lights about half way to take it easier on the lower leaves. Each time I take it out to water there are a few leaves that have fallen off.

I'm hoping to see some real buds form soon. 33" tall yesterday when measured from the ground.

DIY carbon filter is doing a good job. The smell almost knocked me over when I removed it from the bucket to water yesterday.

Wasn't planning on posting pics today, but holy crap! She grew 5-6 inches in the last 3 days. Now the top of the canopy only sits about 4" below my LED. That makes me nervous (like everything else does) because I'm only on day 18 of flowering and this strain has a 7-8 week flowering period. MY UFO LED is made of 60 3 Watt chips.

IMG_278310.JPG

IMG_278411.JPG

1St positive sign of the white pistils. Fairly confident she's a girl now.
IMG_278510.JPG

IMG_278613.JPG

Watered with nutes today and had to add 50 drops of PH up.

Flower day 21:
She got too tall (40") and was touching the LED. Here is what happens when you let your plant touch the light:
too_close.JPG

Similarly, this fan leaf got burned from touching the side LED rope lights (I've since dimmed them some):
burn30.JPG

Had to add another emergency bucket segment to make more room. I'll tape it with black later today.
extra_bucket.JPG

Flower day 25 (today). 44" tall:
44_inches1.JPG

bud274.JPG

This is flower day 29:
She is 43.75" tall now when measured from the bottom of the SmartPot.
IMG_281516.JPG

IMG_28198.JPG

I've been thinking I need something to check trichome colors soon. I just can't decide on a USB microscope. So many choices and I want to keep it around $50.
These close-ups were taken with my Canon SD940 IS in Macro mode. I would like to get a bit better resolution.
weed2_008.JPG

weed2_012.JPG

weed2_011.JPG

Hey! I onced used the magnifying glass of a laser with my cellphone and it worked really good. You should give it a try if money is a concern. Otherwise go for the proper tool, easier and better.

This is what I did. I posted some one pic I took with that method as an example.

photo_5155.JPG
IMG_20140211_212805.jpg

Flower day 46. Lots of amber trichomes appearing, but not quite 50% yet. I think she'll be ready within a week. I watered with nutes on the 14th and again today without. I want to be able to water at least one more time w/o nutes before chopping down. All the shit I've read about flushing says "water only". Doesn't say anything about PH. During flushing are you suppose to correct the PH? Probably doesn't matter for me anyway. With FF Ocean Forest it seems no matter what the PH going in is, it always comes out around 5!

I intend to just take down the main colas first and let the lower branches grow a bit more.
f46_024.JPG
f46_016.JPG
f46_005.JPG

Back
Top Bottom