Derbybud's automatic watering system: A tutorial

Love it and a great job.
And thanks for the help brother.
Hey Derby, I got another question. How are you going about the runoff / drainage ? I can't really tell in the pics but it looks like you might be using a flood table ? Does it drain out anywhere or just evaporate ?
I'm not too far away from making this so any info is great. Thanks Again !

Hey Derby, I got another question. How are you going about the runoff / drainage ? I can't really tell in the pics but it looks like you might be using a flood table ? Does it drain out anywhere or just evaporate ?
I'm not too far away from making this so any info is great. Thanks Again !
Here ya go Buds:
I run drip trays in all my tent areas. They were made using scrap wood that I had laying around and a cheap pond liner. I used 2x6 for the outside frame and 2x4 & 2x2 that are screwed to the inside of the frame on angles so it has a drop to one corner in front to make for easy access with the wet vac. Cover with plywood and pond liner.

No, I never made it. I'm planning to just do a drip system on a timer instead that will run for a couple minutes once or twice per day. Just need to buy a bin & fittings to make a res. to do it. Been stalling due to being unemployed & not wanting to spend any $ that aren't necessary. Hopefully I'll get it done for my next grow.

No, I never made it. I'm planning to just do a drip system on a timer instead that will run for a couple minutes once or twice per day. Just need to buy a bin & fittings to make a res. to do it. Been stalling due to being unemployed & not wanting to spend any $ that aren't necessary. Hopefully I'll get it done for my next grow.
hear you there bud. can get pricey to use pre built stuff too. I used a kids pool center as liner. cut the middle out and built the edges up to hold a few inches of water if run off was too much. Whole floor was a tray for a few £ on a cheapo pool. strips of wood laid on floor edges to staple the pool edge too. so d.i.y and unprofessional looking but worked a treat. builder merchants plastic sheeting is used now but my plants are in their own safe, redeployed, hydro tanks so I don't worry about runoff and fabric pots leaking. hope you find a good solution mate

Back
Top Bottom