Derbybud's New Adventures With Nothing In Particular Going On: We'll See

Their easy to build and cost about $100. too make. I've left for 10 days and came home and everything was fine.

Got a minute to give me a quick rundown of yer system buddy, just basics, not a parts list...lol

Just starting ideas for a system for escaping in my new RV soon

I have a simple gravity one now with a 0psi timer, but think I may need something bigger

Graciass

Got a minute to give me a quick rundown of yer system buddy, just basics, not a parts list...lol

Just starting ideas for a system for escaping in my new RV soon

I have a simple gravity one now with a 0psi timer, but think I may need something bigger

Graciass
So my rez is just a 27 gallon black tote. Pump is min of 300 gal/ hr. Pump in tote into tent thru 3/4 or 1" pvc. In tent I have a 4 way head that I got from Lowe's in the lawn watering area. From there I have individual shut offs with equal length 1/4" tubing to my pots. That's key or some pots would get more than others and if i need that i close the shut off some. At the pots I have halos that i made from 1/4" tubing. The halos I just drilled 6 holes (I forget the size holes and will look when I get home) and with some wire they hang off my cages. I have a better second timer but always just program to the min. I run the pump anywhere from 2-4 min depending on how much run off and how light they are and kinda watch what the plants need.
I'll post some pictures later once I'm home. The way I have it set up in the tote makes it easy ti mix nutes. I'll explain later.

So second picture down is the whole set up other than the halos that go around the plant. I have too many disconnects as you should only need 2. One in the rez and one in the tent. Now to mix nutes. I usually mix at least 10 gal. I close the blue shut off and open the red one and over ride the pump to turn it on. This pumps the mixed nutes to the far side of the rez and acts as a shower with the holes that are drilled in the end cap of the pvc and with the pump on the other side of the rez things get good and mixed. I start with putting 7 1/2 gallons in and my pump mixes the rain water with the last of my mixed nutes. Then I add my silica and let that mix for 15-20 min. Then I add my cal- mag and other nutes. Last I add my Z7 and orca (liquid great white). While that mixes in I take my last 2 1/2 gallons and clean everything up and then dump it into the rez. After a few minutes I check ph and adjust. Once all looks good I turn the pump off and put it back on it's schedule to feed the girls. Once timer is set correctly I open the blue shut off and close the red one almost all the way. I leave it cracked so when the pump comes on to feed it also stirs up the rez a bit. I have at least 1 but usually 2 air stones in the bottom running 24/7. I have my rez on some pieces on wood to angle my mixture toward the front right of it where my pump is. I don't run a filter like some due and I've never had issues as I only use liquid nutes. Hope this helps some. Now questions.

Very nice, appreciated

Not sure what or if I'll do something yet, I have 3 rooms and it's just not possible to get em all self sufficient

Need a bit more downsizing still

Lol

Should be easy peasy with the hempy girls as long as they're eating about the same. Just make a manifold out of pvc. Just make sure your fingers are the same length going to the pots. A number of members have recieved bigger manifolds from a sponsor here on 420

Well explains why my 80 GPH probably didnt cut it.... nice job derb!

@Chris Scorpio I have that CIS (cannabis irrigation supply) head and it works well. Easy install. But you'll need 3 heads and 3 pumps all together probably under 80 bucks. And you can leave 10 days at a time I assume!

Biggest thing with me is keeping run off to a minimum and making sure my coco stays moist enough so i don't get hot spots. That's why it's best to do more small feedings as it stays moist with minimal run off. Keeping run off to a minimum keeps the rh lower and slimies from growing in my drip table till I get back. If I'm home i might add Z7 every 3-5 days but I've gone 16 days without a problem. Cleaning the rez is easy too. Close valves, un plug pump and air stones, take pvc apart at union in the rez, slide rez over union, dump what's left in yard, clean pump in sink, clean rez in shower, done. If you look closely you can see that the 90 pvc on top of the pump is not glued so i can break it apart easy to help with cleaning. If it leaks some it's in the rez.

As far as pumps I just get them from Harbour Freight. The one I've been using since setting up my first one was just 380 gallon/ hr. It made for a sure drip system. I do have a new one in my second waterer that is 640 gal/ hr. I might need to use the seconds on my timer but I will probably just crack the one shut off a little more to circulate more in the rez. Most I paid for a pump is $38. For the 640

Super Iced Grapefruit is starting to get fat and really smelling here the last week.
20190316_231005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom