Looking good, I’ve used turkey bags for a awhile now.
I’ve never tried bags. I’ve always used jars. I just started using gallon jars instead of quart. It’s a lot less jars to deal with. Going to see how these tops work. Do you burp the bags too? or is that what you put the buds in when you put them in your fridge?

Yes. I’ve tried all of them in some form. I’ve had a blunt of the Liberty Haze. I’ve had a blunt of the Cinderella 99 and also made vape juice of the Cinderella 99 and Fat Purple. The blunts still have a little green smell and taste but I am happy with the effects. The vape juices are good too and they taste fantastic. I plan to smash some of the Liberty Haze and turn it into vape juice tomorrow as well. All in all happy with what I’ve got.

I got 1 seed of liberty haze as a freebie but it didn’t make it past seedling stage. I really wanted to try it out.
That blows. I really like it and it’s really easy to grow. I’m going to try it with MC on my next run.

I know it's been a while since I posted an update, but I've been pretty busy. I got my burp lids in and they are pretty cool. I don't know what my final weight was because I never weighed anything. I've pressed about an oz of each strain and made vape juice with it.

I keep them in this wine cooler that a friend gave me. Keeps them at 66F

IMG-2499.jpg

The lids have a little date setter so you can keep track of how long they've been in the jars.

IMG-2500.jpg

When it's time to burp the jars you just release the air from this valve on top. You can hear it really well and you get a quick whiff of the buds.

IMG-2501.jpg

Then you take this little pump that comes with it and pump fresh air back into the jar which makes it super easy. Normally I'd remove the tops, wait 15 minutes then have to put the jars back on. Can't count how many times I forgot and left the tops off for hours. With these burping takes less than 2 minutes with 4 jars. I like them, but we'll see how the buds turn out after a long cure.

IMG-2502.jpg

Ok I think it's time to end this one. I'd like to thank everyone who participated and helped along the way. As with every grow I've done I learn something each time. I learned a lot on this run and I'm really liking the results. Endured some losses along the way, but nothing I can do but learn from it. I have another journal running in my signature if you want to follow along. Take it easy :ganjamon:

Turkey bags you burp just like jars depending on RH. I keep the bags in a sealed 5 gallon bucket.
Hi there Pennywise. I am planning ahead for harvest in the second quarter of next year. I have read various references to storage in turkey bags and 5 gallon buckets but I want to get it exactly right. Please could you describe how you process the weed from dried bud to bag, and then how often you burp etc. as this method suits my needs. Glass is too visible. Thank you in advance.

Pretty much the same as glass, put in bags at around 62% rh and burp once a day for a week. Make sure your bucket is air tight and dark in color. Pretty simple reall, you’re just using a bag instead of a jar.

Came across this and it made me laugh. I had to share

IMG-2192.jpg

The leaves are pretty crowded which makes me a little nervous. I don't want to get PM or mold. The RH is around 62-65% with the lights off and 48-55% with lights on. I have 1 stationary fan on the floor blowing one way and an oscillating fan at the other end moving air under neath the canopy. A tower fan at each end blowing air across the top and a small oscillating fan for the center. I removed some leaves here and there and also some more of the branches that won't do much. The blooms are starting to form on all of the tops, but not quite there yet.
IMG-2193.jpg
I can relate to this I did this all day today!! Haha lmao!!!

Back
Top Bottom