Derek910 Fat Purple X2 Organic Soil Grow 2019

Pretty girls Derek. Going to be some good smoke bro

Yeah we’ll see. I like the trichome production on this strain, but these vegged really slow and I wasn’t prepared for that. Lesson learned though for next time

The clone has drank the pot in less than two days. Good thing I checked in on her. Don’t want any stress in flower. The large fan leaves are drooping a little bit. It was taking a full 48 hrs to dry it out. Guess I’ll have to monitor more closely from now on.

298BC696-CB71-430A-BFB1-16E923DF561F.jpeg

Today is the last day of the 7th week since they started full bloom. We’ll see how they look in another week. Original plan was to go 8 weeks, but the trichomes shall decide. Although one branch may be sacrificed for sample purposes.

Flower Week 7 Day 49, Grow Day 145

F6D2E8FD-94DD-4A71-BFC0-4A1170BAF94E.png
A8AD5324-A50C-41CD-825F-C174B7045AD9.png
D4C4330D-4D1A-4F6D-BE53-5496693DEACD.png
F7805AE1-36CC-429C-8B3E-233885FE00FD.png
E025DAAB-DE30-40C1-A13E-0AD20970B54D.png
882780C6-980D-44C4-B437-733C656A488E.png

Based on the buds still swelling and the trichomes I think I have at least a week on FP2(Right Plant) and at least 2 weeks on FP1(Left Plant) I took pictures of the trichomes this morning just before the lights came on. The pictures may appear a little different because I used my WiFi scope this time instead of the USB one. It seems the WiFi wants to work without all the stuttering now. I'll take it, it's a lot easier than getting a laptop and all of that. Gonna bring @Emilya in since we were discussing this a few days ago.

Flower Week 8 Day 54, Grow Day 150

FP1 (Left) FP2 (Right)

IMG_1464.jpg

FP1
FP1 started out with weird leaves and longer node spacing. I decided to keep her and it may pay off. The trichome production on this plant seems higher and I was worried that it wouldn't yield much, but depending how much the buds swell. It may be pretty good. This plant started bloom about a week later so it makes sense she seems a week behind FP2. The buds are starting to swell and push out new white hairs. I'm starting to see it scattered on various buds and they should all be doing it by the end of this week. Here's a couple bud pics along with the trichomes

IMG_1467.jpg
IMG_1468.jpg
FP1.jpeg

FP2
The buds started to really swell last week and they appear to be slowing down. The trichomes don't look like they changed much and have too much clear to me. I'd like to wait until about 10-20% amber. Since I have never grown this strain before I will check the trichomes daily from here on out just in case these things take a drastic turn overnight. Once they're mostly cloudy to 10-20% amber I will have to cut this plant out of the SCROG net, stake up the buds, and move it to another tent for the dark period. I have another 3X3 I can pop up with a 4" exhaust fan for the dark period and drying. After 36 hours of darkness I will check the trichomes again to see how much they change and depending on that will determine at which point I harvest FP1. Let me know what ya'll think.

IMG_1465.jpg
IMG_1466.jpg
FP2.jpeg

:goodjob:
You are almost there! Watch those top white pistils for a clue... almost all of them have folded over or crinkled... just one or two standing straight up. Like you said, it can happen overnight and all of a sudden all of those will be pulled back or changed color, and your trichomes will be turning amber. Since you are shooting for couch lock 10-20%, keep in mind that part of this ripening will still happen as they are drying, so you don't want to go too far under the lights. I tend to go to where I see 2-5% at the very top, then I put them in darkness for 36 hours to really get the point across to the plants that it is the end, and the amber will increase quite a bit during that period right before I chop, and I end up at 5-10% at chop.

You are almost there! Watch those top white pistils for a clue... almost all of them have folded over or crinkled... just one or two standing straight up. Like you said, it can happen overnight and all of a sudden all of those will be pulled back or changed color, and your trichomes will be turning amber. Since you are shooting for couch lock 10-20%, keep in mind that part of this ripening will still happen as they are drying, so you don't want to go too far under the lights. I tend to go to where I see 2-5% at the very top, then I put them in darkness for 36 hours to really get the point across to the plants that it is the end, and the amber will increase quite a bit during that period right before I chop, and I end up at 5-10% at chop.
Good point. I like your method. I don't want to end up with a quarter pound + of sleeping gas

I harvested FP2 on Sunday. 59 Days in Flower and 155 days of total grow time. I should have let it go another week. I didn’t take any pictures of the drying, but they are in the curing containers. This is the best smelling weed I’ve grown. Really looking forward to once they’ve cured for a few weeks

Flower Week 10 Day 65, Grow Day 161

FP1 is still going. I’m going to check the trichomes every morning, but I suspect another week at least. The buds are still swelling and pushing out new hairs.

8D86BE69-6C85-45E1-A484-3995BE4EDFFE.jpeg
33E9959E-DEE5-40AA-8F07-E7CE7F8E3CD2.jpeg
BE09F1C2-C4FC-4629-9B49-4F7F8912A28B.jpeg
4B2F550B-4CFB-4F93-9CAC-01712874AD73.jpeg
BF8DFF61-D513-41E0-961E-CEB6A3FD3229.jpeg
8586E16A-AEF7-443C-B52E-5B6393027308.jpeg

Agree 100 percent.
If she still busting out white hairs i would wait. I know its hard but this is the ripening stage that i believe still packing on some additional weight.
But like @Emilya said it can happen over night. 65 days is a good time frame anyways.

Agree 100 percent.
If she still busting out white hairs i would wait. I know its hard but this is the ripening stage that i believe still packing on some additional weight.
But like @Emilya said it can happen over night. 65 days is a good time frame anyways.

Yeah I’m definitely in no hurry to harvest these now. I’ve pressed some rosin from FP2 and it is delicious. Best tasting/smelling weed I’ve grown or even had I think. I was out of weed so that played a big role in harvesting when I did. I have FP1 still going for probably a week. I have a clone from FP2 in another tent that has 5 weeks left. I really like this strain. I may continue to grow this strain in my 3x3 so I never run out. Fat Purple is the shiznit!

A lot of the white hairs on the tops of the buds have turned color and curled. There are two more buds that still have white hairs pushing straight up out of the top. Due to time constraints and plants I have behind this one I am going to have to harvest her on Sunday no matter what. I plan to keep her under the lights until Friday night. Once the lights go off I will move her to my 3x3 for 36 hours of darkness. Then the chop. The very slow veg time really messed my planned schedule up. I have an 8 day trip in Aug and I have my next run that I need to veg some more, flower, dry and get a few weeks cure in before I leave. Also moved FP Clone in this tent to finish the next 5 weeks or so. I see some amber in the trichomes, but they don't look like they've gone full amber yet. Let me know what ya'll think.

Flower Week 10 Day 68, Grow Day 164
FP1(Left) FP Clone(Right)
IMG_1564.jpg
IMG_1566.jpg
FP1.jpg
IMG_1558.jpg
IMG_1560.jpg
IMG_1561.jpg
IMG_1562.jpg

A lot of the white hairs on the tops of the buds have turned color and curled. There are two more buds that still have white hairs pushing straight up out of the top. Due to time constraints and plants I have behind this one I am going to have to harvest her on Sunday no matter what. I plan to keep her under the lights until Friday night. Once the lights go off I will move her to my 3x3 for 36 hours of darkness. Then the chop. The very slow veg time really messed my planned schedule up. I have an 8 day trip in Aug and I have my next run that I need to veg some more, flower, dry and get a few weeks cure in before I leave. Also moved FP Clone in this tent to finish the next 5 weeks or so. I see some amber in the trichomes, but they don't look like they've gone full amber yet. Let me know what ya'll think.

Flower Week 10 Day 68, Grow Day 164
FP1(Left) FP Clone(Right)
IMG_1564.jpg
IMG_1566.jpg
FP1.jpg
IMG_1558.jpg
IMG_1560.jpg
IMG_1561.jpg
IMG_1562.jpg
Sounds like a plan :high-five: congrats on your upcoming harvest.

Here is the clone I took from FP2. I believe I gave her too much N late in flower which is why the leaves curled in and got shiny. Seemed like the smell dramatically reduced about a week after I top dressed. She is in her 36 hours of darkness right now. She’s getting the chop tomorrow. I’ve reduced the nutes by half on my current grow with no issues so far.

She’s been in flower for 63 days with 14 days of transition. I’ve found this helps with not chopping too early

70780DE5-57CD-4FD4-987A-FE93424451E2.jpeg
BDF0EC43-A6BD-44A1-B51E-769E245A618D.jpeg

Got 111.15 grams = 3.92 ounces

Had a little bit of larf I put in the trim box along with all of the trim. I don't weigh my trim and larf but a I have a shoe box full from all three plants of this strain. I'm thinking about making hash from the trim/larf and then press that into rosin. Got to do some research on making hash. Overall pleased with the grow and now I know I need to plan for a much longer veg time than any other strain I've grown for Fat Purple. Love the taste, smell, and effects of this strain.

Back
Top Bottom