Derek910 Soil Liberty Haze & Gelato 2019

Be careful with topdressing those strong nutrients in there along with your other nutes. Trust the FoxFarm products to do what they need to do...
I'm not top dressing with this grow. I plan to do that with the clones from these plants. I'm using FoxFarm liquid Trio and Open Sesame, Beastie Blooms, and Cha Ching for these. Is that what you mean? or do you mean be careful with top dressing in the foxfarm soil?

I'm not top dressing with this grow. I plan to do that with the clones from these plants. I'm using FoxFarm liquid Trio and Open Sesame, Beastie Blooms, and Cha Ching for these. Is that what you mean? or do you mean be careful with top dressing in the foxfarm soil?
You are good then... no, I was advising not to add topdressing to also using the trio and the solubles... it would be way too much.
If the topdressing idea is to go organic... do some more investigation into how to more properly do this. It isnt necessary to go full supersoil or living soil to go organic, and you can supplement a soil with the needed mineral load with products such as Earth Dust... but in my experience top dressing is how we deal with emergency feeding situations, and certainly not the optimum way to feed.

Ok thanks will do. I plan to flush the older plants at the end of the week. Will be the end of Week 4 of flower. I just have to figure out how I'm going to de-chlorinate 30 gl of water. Think I have a couple rubbermaid bins I can fill up. Not only for salt build up but it's good to get all of the left over nitrogen out of the soil at this point right?

Ok thanks will do. I plan to flush the older plants at the end of the week. Will be the end of Week 4 of flower. I just have to figure out how I'm going to de-chlorinate 30 gl of water. Think I have a couple rubbermaid bins I can fill up. Not only for salt build up but it's good to get all of the left over nitrogen out of the soil at this point right?
mostly for salt removal, and to get ready for the next mix of nutes....
You can instantly dechlorinate a bathtub sized amount of water by throwing one vitamin C tablet in there and mixing it up. This works for both chlorine and chloramine, which doesn't evaporate.

mostly for salt removal, and to get ready for the next mix of nutes....
You can instantly dechlorinate a bathtub sized amount of water by throwing one vitamin C tablet in there and mixing it up. This works for both chlorine and chloramine, which doesn't evaporate.
Thanks did not know that and I completely forgot I had a bathtub, duh:lot-o-toke:

Today is the start of week 5 of flower. I flushed both plants with 3x the pot size. In this case 15 gallons per plant. I need to rethink my drainage for flushing because it was a pain having to dump the 4 gallon oil pans underneath the plants. Had to do it 4 times each. I have a few water pumps I use to automate watering when I have to go out of town. I think I’ll use that to pump the water into 5 gallon buckets and then dump those. Soil should be nice and clean and then I added the mid flower nutes and cal/mag. Buds should start packing on the weight now.

Flower Week 5 Day 35, Grow Day 68

2E9550F1-784A-4D74-9DBA-76F53E08E05A.jpeg

Liberty Haze

F0254535-995E-4C5B-A0A4-1FD9EFEBC2F5.jpeg

Gelato

6A9CEB50-48B8-44E7-ADF3-954E904F0776.jpeg

I need to rethink my drainage for flushing because it was a pain having to dump the 4 gallon oil pans underneath the plants.

Yes it is!! My first run of plants. I tied them all down inside the tent, so I couldn’t remove plants for heavy watering. I had to do the same thing, but I couldn’t remove the containers they were sitting on. I eventually had to grab a big cloth, soak it up with water and rinse out cloth, do it over again till it was all cleaned up. What a fu**ing mess that was. That’s when I decided to not do that again. Now I make it so I can remove plants for watering, it’s much easier.

I have a metal grate I put on a 5 gal bucket, and let it all drain in the 5 gal bucket. My pots exceed the outter edge of the bucket, but it did a really good job or collecting the water. Put a towel under neath and I was good to go!

E0EE302F-C810-4C8E-94B9-26C1BDBDC59F.jpeg

I didn’t flush with the recommended 15 gal of water, as I didn’t have the time, but I ran three gal. In each. Was good enough for me. As they weren’t showing any signs of deficiencie, I just wanted to give them a run of clean water, before going into flower. You know, now that I think of it, I’m pretty sure you follow along my journal, I’m telling you this for nothing lmao :rofl:

I’ve heard people use a wet shop vac to suck the water out if you can’t remove from tent. Never tried it, but was a hell of an idea.

Nice work Derek. They're going to make a Boom sound!
I think I have the same fan that you have hanging. Does it have an intermittent mode?
I’m not sure . It has sleep, timer, oscillator, and speed. I keep it on the lowest speed and oscillating. I have one on both ends of the tent blowing through the canopy and I have 2 smaller ones blowing underneath the canopy. They are Lasko fans that I ordered from Amazon

Yes it is!! My first run of plants. I tied them all down inside the tent, so I couldn’t remove plants for heavy watering. I had to do the same thing, but I couldn’t remove the containers they were sitting on. I eventually had to grab a big cloth, soak it up with water and rinse out cloth, do it over again till it was all cleaned up. What a fu**ing mess that was. That’s when I decided to not do that again. Now I make it so I can remove plants for watering, it’s much easier.

I have a metal grate I put on a 5 gal bucket, and let it all drain in the 5 gal bucket. My pots exceed the outter edge of the bucket, but it did a really good job or collecting the water. Put a towel under neath and I was good to go!

E0EE302F-C810-4C8E-94B9-26C1BDBDC59F.jpeg

I didn’t flush with the recommended 15 gal of water, as I didn’t have the time, but I ran three gal. In each. Was good enough for me. As they weren’t showing any signs of deficiencie, I just wanted to give them a run of clean water, before going into flower. You know, now that I think of it, I’m pretty sure you follow along my journal, I’m telling you this for nothing lmao :rofl:

I’ve heard people use a wet shop vac to suck the water out if you can’t remove from tent. Never tried it, but was a hell of an idea.
I like using SCROG so I’ll just have to come up with a better way to get the runoff out of there. I think I’ll go to Lowes and get one of those long plastic bins that will hold like 20-25 gallons and put one of these pumps in it and run a line out of my window and just pump it outside when I flush the plants. Otherwise these oil pans work for 2-3 weeks for normal watering without needing to be emptied

I’m not sure . It has sleep, timer, oscillator, and speed. I keep it on the lowest speed and oscillating. I have one on both ends of the tent blowing through the canopy and I have 2 smaller ones blowing underneath the canopy. They are Lasko fans that I ordered from Amazon
One of my Lasko's has a feature that turns it on and off constantly. I really like it. The button has wavy lines and 2 speeds. I can't find the model any more.

When a cannabis plant or seedling has a purple stem without any other signs of problems, it is often the result of genetics. However, sometimes you'll see red stems which can sometimes be caused by stress, environment or pH problems.

Wait a week or two before making any alterations if your plant otherwise appears healthy and is growing fast.

If there are no other symptoms and the rest of the plant is growing fast and healthy, red stems usually aren't a big deal. Often stems turn green on their own. As long as you're continuing to take good care of your plant and responding quickly to any other problems, you should be okay.

When a cannabis plant or seedling has a purple stem without any other signs of problems, it is often the result of genetics. However, sometimes you'll see red stems which can sometimes be caused by stress, environment or pH problems.

Wait a week or two before making any alterations if your plant otherwise appears healthy and is growing fast.

If there are no other symptoms and the rest of the plant is growing fast and healthy, red stems usually aren't a big deal. Often stems turn green on their own. As long as you're continuing to take good care of your plant and responding quickly to any other problems, you should be okay.

I'm really hoping it's genetics.

Ok I’m getting a little worried but I don’t want to freak out and try to do too much at once. Here are some pictures. Tell me what y’all think I should do

Flower Week 5 Day 40, Grow Day 73

Both plants

CCCCD5AE-0724-4E1F-81DE-D4D712BE6888.jpeg

Liberty Haze
Buds and upper leaves are turning purple. I don’t know if this strain has purple genetics and my tent never gets colder than 73F

D7794EF9-9565-41A4-A404-1AF37FDCFF52.jpeg
C1E019BF-9950-4969-97D7-13067DBA7FB4.jpeg
C064088F-9490-4FD1-936A-0DF93C4CD5E9.jpeg

Gelato
Leaves are lightening up. Really light green but not quite yellow and spotting

C65EC458-179A-4BA5-8B2C-2F85F2156491.jpeg
BD32A5FF-EED3-4B2A-B0EB-304589FA751D.jpeg

I’ve never grown with SCROG and these plants have twice as many bud sites as my other plants. So should I up the nutes? Don’t know if it’s just me but the buds don’t seem to be fattening up as they should. Maybe I’m just being paranoid.

Ok found this right on the Barney's Farm website. "The long dense colas start to fatten up in the last few weeks, producing dense buds in a beautiful red and purple calyx. The buzz is immediate and long lasting, creating a euphoric cerebral effect. This strain has a distinct lime taste and fragrance". So that makes me feel better about the Liberty Haze, but I still need to get the Gelato figured out.

Here I started reading this like you were having a problem.

There is no problem here. Everything is moving right along like it should be man.

You’ve got the right temperatures for bringing out those true colours. In another week or so, you will be blown away by the colour change. Get your camera out, and get some good shots. Cause they truly are beautiful bro!

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom