Desperately in need of help!

20141023_163749_zps3cdec411.jpg

Drawing air for outside the tent

Duct=>fan=>duct=>light=>duct=>out and filter=>fan=>duct=>

ducts to outside

added a circulating fan on the bottom at full power to test out circulation

IT STILL GETS TO THE HIGH 80s... what can it be :c?

Back when i used hps, it was enough for me to use one fan blowing air directly on to bulb, and a fan for air exchange. This was 400w hps, i guess that 1000w hps creates a lot of heat. :/

I really must try it.. but I just set up everything and it still gets to the high 80s, pics are posted. Yeah it really is ridiculously hot. I do not have a problem with 400 but 1000 does generate a lot of heat -_- but my set up can go up to 1000 so I must utilize the potential. Also adding a T4 in there too at a couple hundred watts :eek:.

Are you pulling cooler air from the botto and exhausting the heat through the top?

Hey! Thanks for the advice, I did purchase a new fan and installed it yesterday. I will have to update this thread later with pictures. One question, what do you mean by not through the light?

I was meaning like its best to suck the air through the carbon filter,maybe have the fan sucking hot air from the light instead of pushing cool air over it.Really I dont have s nice set up and equipment like you so this is just my thinking:tokin:

Nope, from the top of the tent parallel to the ducts

I think that your problem is that you ain't pulling in cold air from the bottom, try it. You keep the light cool and just pulling air that's is nor cold. cold air falls to the bottom and exhaust through the top.

Hey! Thanks for the advice, I did purchase a new fan and installed it yesterday. I will have to update this thread later with pictures. One question, what do you mean by not through the light?

I was meaning like its best to suck the air through the carbon filter,maybe have the fan sucking hot air from the light instead of pushing cool air over it.Really I dont have s nice set up and equipment like you so this is just my thinking:tokin:

So basically put the fan in front of the light to extract more heat instead of pushing the air through? It is alright! I am just grateful that you are taking your time to give me advice or help me out!

Hey friend, from the looks of the first picture it looks like you might need a bigger intake? Maybe active instead of passive? It just looked like the tent had ALOT of negative pressure. That helped me in a similar situation. The exhaust can only do so much, so if your outside tent temps is 10° cooler I bet adding air in will help the situation. But keep the pressure negative.

Hey friend, from the looks of the first picture it looks like you might need a bigger intake? Maybe active instead of passive? It just looked like the tent had ALOT of negative pressure. That helped me in a similar situation. The exhaust can only do so much, so if your outside tent temps is 10° cooler I bet adding air in will help the situation. But keep the pressure negative.

Hello! I am terribly sorry, I have no idea what you mean. Still new to everything, forgive me. So what I should do is open the tent so that air from outside the room can come in? What did you mean by negative pressure and all that. Thank you in advance.

Sorry.
Basically you want to suck or blow more air into the tent. (Just a little less than you're exhausting. That will create negative pressure. Negative pressure ensures your smells don't leak out and basically means you're exhausting more than you're bringing in.)

You could open the doors but that would defeat the purpose of the tent. So one example setup would be:

1. duct --> Smaller (less CFM) "Intake" fan into tent. (This brings in fresh, cool air)

2. Carbon filter --> duct --> light --> duct --> larger (more CFM) "exhaust" fan --> 6inch duct --> Mother Nature.

If you want to spend more cash put your lights and filter on separate fans. So:
1. Same as before
2. Duct --> light --> duct --> fan --> duct--> world
3. Filter --> fan --> duct --> outside world.

Just some ideas to chew over.

Sorry.
Basically you want to suck or blow more air into the tent. (Just a little less than you're exhausting. That will create negative pressure. Negative pressure ensures your smells don't leak out and basically means you're exhausting more than you're bringing in.)

You could open the doors but that would defeat the purpose of the tent. So one example setup would be:

1. duct --> Smaller (less CFM) "Intake" fan into tent. (This brings in fresh, cool air)

2. Carbon filter --> duct --> light --> duct --> larger (more CFM) "exhaust" fan --> 6inch duct --> Mother Nature.

If you want to spend more cash put your lights and filter on separate fans. So:
1. Same as before
2. Duct --> light --> duct --> fan --> duct--> world
3. Filter --> fan --> duct --> outside world.

Just some ideas to chew over.

Hey! Right now I have the 720 cfm intaking the cool air and then exhausting out the tent and the 590 cfm fan attached to the filter. I guess I will have to try putting the fan in front of the light and hopefully that will help a bit with the heat problem. Thanks for the advice!

you need to let more air IN to the tent. there should be an intake (or two) located somewhere near the bottom of the tent walls. Yes, you want negative pressure to keep odors from escaping, but as said earlier from someone else, the first pic looks like you've got TOO MUCH negative pressure. like the fans are searching for air to blow out. air needs to be able to flow somewhat freely into the tent.

you need to let more air IN to the tent. there should be an intake (or two) located somewhere near the bottom of the tent walls. Yes, you want negative pressure to keep odors from escaping, but as said earlier from someone else, the first pic looks like you've got TOO MUCH negative pressure. like the fans are searching for air to blow out. air needs to be able to flow somewhat freely into the tent.

Hello! How will I be to let more air in? Are you saying my ducting shouldn't be intaking from the top or make the ducting longer so cooler air is drawn in? I will be switching the fans with each other so to limit the negative pressure. I'm sorry I'm still very new to all of this and have trouble picturing everything.

no... leave your fans and ducting alone for now... look around the inside of the tent... on the walls, somewhere in the lower half of the wall, will be what sort of looks like a short shirt sleeve or maybe a small round velcro door (depending on tent manufacturer).... this is meant to be an intake. sometimes people mount an intake fan here to bring fresh air into the tent, but in your case, I'd start be just opening that vent to allow free flow. this is called a passive intake (just a vent with no fan).... if you mount a fan there blowing in, then it's an active intake.

no... leave your fans and ducting alone for now... look around the inside of the tent... on the walls, somewhere in the lower half of the wall, will be what sort of looks like a short shirt sleeve or maybe a small round velcro door (depending on tent manufacturer).... this is meant to be an intake. sometimes people mount an intake fan here to bring fresh air into the tent, but in your case, I'd start be just opening that vent to allow free flow. this is called a passive intake (just a vent with no fan).... if you mount a fan there blowing in, then it's an active intake.

That makes a lot of sense, thank you for clearing that up for me. I will add a fan of some sort at the bottom of the tent to allow air to flow inside. I will update this thread tomorrow, thanks for the advice!

pull cold air from the bottom and exhaust the heat from the top. now make sure that you don't have light leaks.

Update** Added a bit more ducting to extract colder air from the bottom and opened the intakes on both sides to let more air flow freely into the tent. It is around 3:45 in Los Angeles and the tent has been going on for about 20 minutes starting from 70 and now 78ish. This is good progress! Hopefully the tent will stay at this temperature if I leave it on for a couple hours.

Back
Top Bottom