Detox, Length of Time

FreeToy

Hi all. I just wanted to add my own experience so far with length of time needed to detox for drug test purposes. I see time and again that people give 30 days as the general guideline for detoxing, sometimes up to six weeks if you're a seriously heavy toker and quite overweight.

This does not jive at all with what I'm going through currently. I'm 6', 190# (not huge, but definitely fluffy) and smoked everyday, around 0.5g a day, sometimes more. I'm no athlete, but not inactive either - my bike is my transportation around town.

I quit smoking at the beginning of May to prepare for a drug test, and now I'm just a week short of entering my sixth month and tested positive yesterday at my doctor's office. I'm testing myself periodically before my official test that will see whether I'm kicked out of medical school before I begin clinical rotations (which is beginning to seem a likelihood.) It's a qualitative test, so I don't know what concentration I'm testing at - all I know is it has a 50ng threshold for a positive test.

So anyone wondering how long it might take to naturally detoxify, take note: it can be quite a while if you have extra fat for old THC to be stored in. I've read accounts of people failing drug tests even 12 months after the last time they quit smoking, often coinciding with weight loss regimens.

You should be clean by now. I would suspect that anyone who takes this long to get clean probably has a health problem. Maybe an under active thyroid or something.
Fat cells generally die after a month but can take longer. It takes me about 3 months to get clean and I smoke about 3 grams a day. Have you tried any dilution the morning of the test? It may help you get below the 50ng cutoff level.

Back
Top Bottom