Detroit

Jimi Bling

About me:

My name is James and I am 29 years old. I am definitly a victim of the hard times that many people in the USA and around the world are facing these days. I have a job working as a cook part time just to get by. I am greatful to have that as I see many others who can't find work at all. I previously have chosen addiction studies as my degree but as I can't currently afford college I am rethinking my educational goals. I spend most of my free time trying to educate people about how senseless cannabis prohibition is. If there is any way I could do this as a career, thats what I would like to do with my life.

Although I've been regestered to this page for a few months now, I don't believe that I've taken much time to introduce myself or post all that many ideas to this page so I'm gonna post a more detailed introduction and make an effort to make my voice heard. I feel that the majority of smokers are far too scared to make there views public and I understand why with the laws the way they are. 99% of the people I associate with are pro cannabis yet very few are willing to join my quest to protect fellow smokers and those who are are not nearly as passionate as I am. Well, I'm not afraid of the law. I was caught with a small amount of herb, charged, and put on probation, when I realized that none of this makes sense. I smoke for medicinal and spiritual purposes. My first drug test came back false positive for opiates. I paid the extra money to have my piss sent to the lab and the results came back consistent with consumption of about a quarter bagle's worth of poppy seeds....not nearly the level that even 1 vicadin would produce, but according to my po, thats not true and even if it was, a positive screen is a positive screen. So on top of all the fines and costs that I already couldn't afford I was ordered to attend and pay for a outpatient rehab program. Of course I could've got state aid in paying for it but that would require me lieing and admitting to using something that I didn't use. Well that was the point that I gave up. I can't afford this shit. It'd been almost 3 months since I gave up and I just recently recieved a letter from the court realizing that I haven't been attenting my probation meetings...yes 3 months to even realize it. Anyways I'm ready and willing to serve a 93 day sentence for this horrible crime that I comitted. Meanwhile the voters in Michigan passed a proposal making what I did no longer a crime. Just a couple days after my sentence, I found out that my right to smoke for spiritual use was protected by the first amendment. I mean I've studied the constitution and was aware of this amendment but never thought that it could be applied to the crime I was being charged with. Times are tough I couldn't afford an attorney and everybody knows that public defenders screw you over so I copped a plea without even giving it any thought. Honestly I'm very well educated, but having seen so many people get charged with the same crime and none of them getting out of it, I never had any intention on fighting it.

Well now I consider myself a passionate activist. I've been working with NORML and a few other organizations to reform the laws. I take a lot of pride in having been involved in the campaign to pass the proposal that legalized weed for medicinal purpose, but I still have a big problem with recreational use still being a crime. It makes absolutly no sense. My friends and family all agree. I have recently discovered a non denominational church called thc ministries that basically practices exactly what I already believe. I've set a personal goal to start a chapter in Detroit. I really don't know anything about starting an organization like this, but I'm in the process of doing extensive research on the process. My only problem is that in the near future I know I will have to serve some jail time for breaking the law that has since been changed.

So I need parteners who share the same passion, willingness, and inteligence that I have. By intelligence, I'm not talking about degrees or book smarts. I simply mean common sense. People who aren't gonna compromise our goals by doing stupid shit such as selling drugs, promoting violence, or using our organization for personal gain. Personally, I have 2 medical conditions that allow me to smoke legally so I don't need to do this for personal benifit...but I want to do this for the benifit of others who share my beliefs but either don't qualify as a medical marijuana patient, don't live in a state that allows medical marijuana use, or simply want to practice what they believe in without the fear of being prosecuted. As of right now my religious beliefs combine some principles of Christianity, Scientology, and Wicca. However I don't believe in any of these entirely. Frankly the only thing I'm sure that I believe in is that recieving the holy sacrament of cannabis makes me a better person spiritually as it does for many others.

Is there anybody with me?
:peace:

Hi Jimi

Welcome to the site,

I read your intro - sorry for the hard time brother.

This is a great site for activists, the news is really thorough and keeps us current with the various issues of the day.

hope to see you around the site.

Just a couple days after my sentence, I found out that my right to smoke for spiritual use was protected by the first amendment. I mean I've studied the constitution and was aware of this amendment but never thought that it could be applied to the crime I was being charged with.

Careful with this my friend, the jails hold plenty of good people that have gone down with road. Raid nets church's 'sacramental' marijuana

"I take a lot of pride in having been involved in the campaign to pass the proposal that legalized weed for medicinal purpose, but I still have a big problem with recreational use still being a crime. It makes absolutly no sense. My friends and family all agree."

I agree with you 200%, James. :welcome: my Friend. :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom