Device to test Marijuana

700 / 60 = about 12
It pays for itself in 12 tests.
If you're working with many strains, that could ROI in a month. :blalol:

I agree that $700 is a lot for a personal user, but that that price, every dispensary/retail shop should have one on hand. Talk about a great way to build rep for your shop. Let the customers test right there and see for themselves.

As my interest in breeding grows stronger, the need for one of these grows stronger as well. Without measuring, it's kinda of hard to measure success when your breeding goal is to raise CBD.

Your last (2) sentence is exactly why I got this unit. I want to see how far past full term you can go to achieve MAX CBD's. Even if it is not spot on accuracy just to have an indicator of ups/downs will be huge. The unit has some cool features also like moisture content and around 30 terpenes I believe. Also you have to be consistent on procedures. They will get it right or perhaps we need to. Everytime I want to sit down and play around the phone rings :lot-o-toke:

Everytime I want to sit down and play around the phone rings :lot-o-toke:

In Edward Abbey's book, my favorite author, The Journey Home, his main character, Henry Lightcap, has a great interaction with the telephone...
He wants to make a phone call, so first, he plugs the telephone into the wall. It rings. He curses and unplugs it. Plugs the phone back in, and it rings again. He unplugs it again. On the third try, it doesn't ring, and he makes this quote, "When I want to engage in electronic communication, I'll be the one to initiate it!" There might even have been a goddamit in there as 'ol Henry likes to curse. :blalol:
It's a great motto to live by. :) Of course I do have some hermit like tendencies :biglaugh:

I have to say Hiker, you come up with some great analogy's :) There I times I truly wish I could turn my phone off, unfortunately I cannot. At least until we can ride off in the sunset.

I have to say Hiker, you come up with some great analogy's :) There I times I truly wish I could turn my phone off, unfortunately I cannot. At least until we can ride off in the sunset.

Start setting 'hours'. Being available to patients 9-5 M-F is plenty. I know you well enough to know you will be willing to make exceptions and meet with patients outside those hours, but they could be the exception. Nobody would fault you if your phone went to VM 'after hours'. You gotta spend time with Mo, and you need time for you! My biggest complaint about being a grower is how busy it makes me because it's pretty much taken up all the time I have for any other hobbies. My poor soldering iron has been used exactly 2 times since I started building out the basement. :(

Your desire to help is awesome, but you gotta have balance. If you don't take care of you, you won't have any you left to share. :Namaste:

BTW, if you wanna read one of Ed's books, I can help steer you to his better works. Top 2 are Monkey Wrench Gang and The Journey Home (Mentioned above). I read the second one first, and am kinda glad I did. It is one of his later works and really ties together his world view pretty well. Some great ideas in there, like measuring highway distances between cities by how many 6-packs it takes to get there. :biglaugh: He also advocates throwing the beer cans along the highway since, as he puts it, "the beer cans aren't ugly, it's the highway that's ugly!"

Yes, I'm a tree hugger... literally :blalol:

EDit: Hayduke Lives!
Inside joke if anyone has read his books. :winkyface:

Thanks brother for the advice. We know this as well. Mo and I are working together full time now on this so we have a lot of time together. We need to practice what we preach, lol. You really do get lost in helping others and forget to take care of yourself. We are finding the balance. We also know no matter what direction our personal life takes helping others on 420 Magazine will always remain. It really is what we love to do. We also realize we have to work to survive like everyone else. So far things seem to work out as they go along. Mo and I are happy to be working together again and especially doing what we love to do, helping the ill. Hopefully down the road people will start seeing how effective healing just about any ailment is taking high end concentrated oil in a non euphoric way not only is the fastest healing method but the key to staying healthy. Turn the tide with all the 'old' methods of digesting, sublingual, suppositories, etc., then the tide will turn so all who choose to do so can take care of themselves in a 'natural' medicinal way. A slow process to say the least, but we see it happening around the world.

You must have been getting vibes from Mo and I that we have to set up some hours as we will be working Wednesdays full time and planning Sunday's off for a day of rest. (what we discussed down in San Diego the last couple of days paying our respects to a friend who passed).

Your post just reinforced what we need to do. Thank you for looking out brother !

Any feedback yet?

Sorry to say I've been a bust on giving feedback. I've just been too busy. Hopefully they got some protocol procedures fixed so the readings become more consistent. I think one of the issues are getting the last test cleared before the next one starts. Besides doing random test on different strains it seem the device is more accurate with a full 24 hours in between testing one strain to the next. I think if they can even get the results within a 2 percent accuracy range will be huge. Apologies for not much feedback unless others have gave some.

They one available for purchase now, officially out of the beta phase. I've spoken to them about 3 times this month. The cost is around $700. The only hiccup, it doesn't consistently read cbd. I asked why, and they said they are still looking into it. I asked if they were having problems reading a know high cbd strain. He said it just doesn't work sometimes....
Hopefully they can get this figured out

I really was hoping this was going to work out, I guess I'll give it some more time, mabe they can make some improvements, & hopefully the price will come down a little

Received a generic email from mydx this morning saying an updated device is available for purchas. I'm not sure what "updated" means. I email back asking if they had the cbd reading issue resolved. I'll post here with whatever response I get.
They have an aggressive sales tea, not too aggressive though, they usually call once a month. Each time I tell them I'm not interested until they fix the cbd reading issue.
If they have, I may get a credit card to purchase things solely for my club so that I can make payments while we get off the ground and hoping that income from clients will be enough to slowly pay off the club debts.
Sure, I have lofty dreams, but, shouldn't we all.

Screen shot of the email I got. Looks like they have cleared up the cbd issue
2015-09-28_17_01_431.jpg

So any updates on this device? You have had about 5 years testing it now. Version 2.0 available now.

Back
Top Bottom