Devil Press UK are they any good? Please help

celticlyle

Hey guys recently I have been looking at "pre-made rosin presses". I have no desire what so ever to make my own so I would definitely rather spend some Cali Cash and get a decent one. So far the " Nug Smasher mini " caught my eye the most however importing to the UK and hoping that customs allow it is somewhat daunting considering I am paying well above the US asking price due to importing and shipping etc.
This then made me look at the EU and UK markets however I know they US seem to be leading the rosin pressing industry and I want to avoid cheaply made Asian ones. So far I have found this press ;

Its very expensive but I would also be paying this amount of cash for the "Nug smasher mini" by the time it gets to me in the UK. I really cant find much information regarding this devil press company or their products but as far as i can tell thru feedback and reviews they are a genuine enough company, however I cannot find out much about their yields etc. I have spoken to their staff who have quoted that this product linked above presses on average at a 25% yield, They also stated that 30% yields are also possible flower/strain dependent.. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I really don't want to blow my hard hard earned money..

End of the day I am looking for a personal press that me and friends can use to get the most out of our precious flowers.:yummy:

I just did some quick web searching, and saw a thread "over at that 420 forum in the UK" (which, technically, isn't in the UK at all, because it's on a server that is located in the middle of Kansas, USA, lol, but its name... anyway) in which someone was raving about the DabPress product they bought, how well it worked, the high quality of the components, etc. Which is no surprise, since it's a nice bit of kit. He got the 10-ton DripTech version. Might be overkill for those who are happy with wrapping a bud in a piece of parchment paper, clamping it in an electric hair straightener, and standing on the handle for 90 seconds, lol - but, yeah, nice product. But what caught my attention was that the guy stated his duty fees were only £26. May have ordered it directly from the company, too. Website link referenced is:
Code:
https://www.dabpress.com/collections/hydraulic-rosin-heat-presses/products/10-ton-rosin-press-14-grams-heat-machine

Here is a thread on this forum that's a review (+ discussion) of the same product (err... I think) :

I just did some quick web searching, and saw a thread "over at that 420 forum in the UK" (which, technically, isn't in the UK at all, because it's on a server that is located in the middle of Kansas, USA, lol, but its name... anyway) in which someone was raving about the DabPress product they bought, how well it worked, the high quality of the components, etc. Which is no surprise, since it's a nice bit of kit. He got the 10-ton DripTech version. Might be overkill for those who are happy with wrapping a bud in a piece of parchment paper, clamping it in an electric hair straightener, and standing on the handle for 90 seconds, lol - but, yeah, nice product. But what caught my attention was that the guy stated his duty fees were only £26. May have ordered it directly from the company, too. Website link referenced is:
Code:
https://www.dabpress.com/collections/hydraulic-rosin-heat-presses/products/10-ton-rosin-press-14-grams-heat-machine

Here is a thread on this forum that's a review (+ discussion) of the same product (err... I think) :
WOW thanks for taking the time for doing that man, I greatly appreciate your time and effort. That is a very tasty looking press I am not going to lie. I am off to spend hour researching it, after a few dabs of course ;D. I am definitely looking for a mid range to high tier personal press so I am really looking for some solid reviews and specs. Again thanks very much and I shall let you know of any purchases. Do you make any concentrates yourself?

Only bad thing I see is that its all from a Chinese company..
" Dabpress ( A Global Brand Registered by Morgen Innovation Industrial Limited ) founded in 2016 is a China-based factory focusing on design and production of Rosin Presses Rosin Press Plates Kit, Rosin Filter Bags, Dab Tools, and other innovative accessories "

Do you make any concentrates yourself?

Haven't for a while. And, when I did, I mostly just used butane.

Only bad thing I see is that its all from a Chinese company.

I noticed that. Wasn't thrilled, either. All things considered, though... I am beginning to feel like a hypocrite for b!tching about other people's governments :( .

Only bad thing I see is that its all from a Chinese company..
All our sponsors are reputable companies. Dabpress has received a great deal of favourable feedback from our members.

:thumb:

Maybe make friends with someone in the USA who could mail you one?

It appears that they have the ability to ship to the UK. Person in the thread I read on that other forum lives there, and was pretty satisfied with the duty fee he had to pay. IDK exactly how... above-board that was; sometimes, ignorance is the best policy, and all that. Being shipped from the PRC, it'd probably end up being cheaper going straight to the end-user instead of having to get shipped to a third party in the USA and then reshipped to the UK, anyway.

All our sponsors are reputable companies. Dabpress has received a great deal of favourable feedback from our members.

I think that one might be a former sponsor. But I knew that the company had/has a good reputation with the forum member base, and was glad to be able to send someone to a business that has contributed to the forum's upkeep.

Hey guys thanks very much for all the input. Most of the dab press items Id want like the 10 tonne drip tech version and the handpump etc which u need to run it are all either out of stock or unshippable to the UK at this current moment. This coupled with the low yields I have seen from said press and the price being half of that of the nugsmasher and other similar presses I really don't know what to go for.
I am more confused now that I was before haha. Never has it been so hard to decide on for a dab press. I might ust to the butane route and just make shatter

I think that one might be a former sponsor. But I knew that the company had/has a good reputation with the forum member base, and was glad to be able to send someone to a business that has contributed to the forum's upkeep.
Still a valued sponsor. Just awaiting their new banner. :thumb:

This coupled with the low yields

Old computer term applies here: Garbage in, garbage out. In other words, yield is going to vary based on the cannabinoid content of the source material. That's assuming a clean press, of course - if it's contaminated with plant matter, it'll be higher (but you won't be).

The above applies regardless of the device used. Or method used, for that matter. Solvent extraction, hand-rubbed, "shaker," bubble bags... or machine pressed. Couple that with the fact that stated THC (etc.) statistics in strain descriptions are not guaranteed (for a variety of reasons), and there's going to be some variance. Nature of the game, and all that.

If you've got a pound of "tops," have multiple random samples from the batch tested, all tests show 22.5%+ THC(a) along with some CBD/etc., do an extraction, and only get a 12% to 15% yield, then it's something to question. Otherwise, there are a lot of factors that are more likely to be responsible for a less than hoped for result. Especially when one is using a high pressure, heated extraction device.

But it's like life, I suppose. Ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances. . . .

Old computer term applies here: Garbage in, garbage out. In other words, yield is going to vary based on the cannabinoid content of the source material. That's assuming a clean press, of course - if it's contaminated with plant matter, it'll be higher (but you won't be).

The above applies regardless of the device used. Or method used, for that matter. Solvent extraction, hand-rubbed, "shaker," bubble bags... or machine pressed. Couple that with the fact that stated THC (etc.) statistics in strain descriptions are not guaranteed (for a variety of reasons), and there's going to be some variance. Nature of the game, and all that.

If you've got a pound of "tops," have multiple random samples from the batch tested, all tests show 22.5%+ THC(a) along with some CBD/etc., do an extraction, and only get a 12% to 15% yield, then it's something to question. Otherwise, there are a lot of factors that are more likely to be responsible for a less than hoped for result. Especially when one is using a high pressure, heated extraction device.

But it's like life, I suppose. Ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances. . . .
That's a very good insight to the rosin world for myself really, Thanks man. I guess my problem is that I am being very cautious as the presses I have been looking at are quite expensive and I would literally be saving for a press as I am a broke ass hoe HAHA. I also have a very bad habit of buying things twice or more til I am satisfied in the end, a salesman dream! What I should have been asking was if this press was to go up against a nug smasher mini with the same amount and flower pressed with the same technique in the same bags would the dab press compete with the nug smasher mini in terms of yield. Sorry very much so if I offended anybody, It was not intended, I love and respect this site.

Back
Top Bottom