Devilish's Indoor Soil Blueberry Grow Journal - 2013

devilish

What strain is it? Blueberry
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg.
If in Veg... For how long? 5 weeks 1 day
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Screened and baked top soil with perlite. 2:1 mix
If soil... What size pot? 4 Gallon
Size of light? (4) 42w Daylight CFL's, (6) 40w 4' Cool Fluorescent, (2) 40w 4' Daylight Fluorescent, (2) 42w Warm CFL's
Is it aircooled? Room has a cold air intake as well as an exhaust system
Temp of Room/cab? Day: 75-80 F day/Night: 65-70 F
RH of Room/cab? 40%-50% stable anytime of the day
PH of media or res? Soil is 7, nutes and water are 5.5-6
Any Pests ? None now
How often are you watering? Every 3-5 days, 4 days is the average
Type and strength of ferts used? FF Happy Frog All Purpose 5-5-5, Sample bottle of Sea Green. Following directions on packaging

I have actually been growing for just over 5 weeks. I recieved 8 clones initially and lost 4 due to slugs in the persons soil. I was forced to transplant to new soil not knowing how many slugs or eggs were present in the soil I received in the cups with the clones. I was told these are blueberry and since this is my first grow I am none the wiser.

My Veg/Clone are is 4' wide, 2' deep and 4' high. My bloom area is 6' x 6' and 8' high.

I got 8 clones and 4 had severe slug damage like so. Those 4 did not make it. They were chewed on like this when I got them and I will no longer get clones from that supplier...
Slug_damage.jpg

The 4 that made it. I transplanted into new cups and soil because of the slugs. 3 days from the date I got them.
blue43.jpg
blue33.jpg
blue28.jpg
blue17.jpg

1 weeks
3days1.jpg
3days4.jpg
3days3.jpg
3days2.jpg

2 weeks
2weeks41.jpg
2weeks31.jpg
2weeks21.jpg
2weeks11.jpg

5 weeks
5weeks1.jpg
5weeks2.jpg
5weeks3.jpg
5weeks4.jpg
5weeks5.jpg

Sorry about image quality. All shot and uplaoded from my cell.

I will be sending to bloom in 2 weeks. I will update when I can...bad cell service in my area.

Ty for looking at my noob journal and first grow.

Some more crap.....no sexy lady pics today.

This is what I am using for my exhaust. 2 small 4" fans I picked up at wally world.
exhaust10.jpg

This is my intake to cool my room since I have a cool room below it to help. It was a blower from a Halloween decoration. Ya know the 8 foot tall inflateable kind...yeah that's the stuff. The area this is at never hits over 70F. Concrete floor. Would stay cooler if it was insulated down here but it's not...winter time will be my concern...
intake7.jpg

Started 12/12 last night and I picked up some Aurura Innovations Roots Organics nutes 50% off at my local hydro store...starting those in a day or two...thanks for having me...I have been stalking this forum for a few months and finally got around to joining...so much info on here. I'm trying to absorb and take note of as much as I can. I'm a noob and I am trying to take it slow so I don't over do it like I hear so many noobs do...the 2 that Y are about 13"-14" tall and the other two are 17"-19"...

Ok. As you all know I am very new to this. If you look back at pretty much any of the pictures that I have posted you can see a lot of my leaves spiraling into themselves. I am pretty sure that is a ph issue and I beleive I have gotten that under control. Also the tips of select few leaves anywhere from the bottom to the tops of the plants have died and curled. I do not know if this is due to the ph or nute lockout but since I am growing under CFL and fluorescent I know it isn't from heat. There are anywhere from 3-10 leaves affected per plant. No new growth shows those signs. But it also isn't limited to just the oldest fan leaves. Does anyone have any thoughts or comments on the overall health of these plants? As well as what the leaf swirl and burnt tips might be? I was sick the last few days and a few of the burnt tips are from actually touching the lights because I was unable to monitor them for 3 days. Any and all suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

ladies should love that new light, get it as close to em as possible without burning them so go down to about a foot above and put your hand at plant level if it burns your hand its too hot for your ladies if not keep it there and move it to suit the stretch

good luck

It is currently 24" above them...will have to adjust tomorrow...lights out soon...but thanks for the tip...everything I have read says 2-3 foot away...personal experience says otherwise...anyone have any thoughts on a cheap way to cool this room some? In minutes the temp went from mid 70's to mid 80's after closing the room up...I just might have to leave it open a tad for better ventilation till colder weather hits...we shall see I guess.

your light can be lowered. place your hand underneath the light bulb and move your hand to the point you can not feel any heat and place the light above your canopy at that level, raise the light as your plants grow.

here are some chart for lumens versus distance, they do not take heat into account.

High_Intensity_Light_Coverage.jpg

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg

HPS_chart.jpg

grow-room-light-distances.jpg

HPSGraphPAR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom