Devil's Carnival: The Community Grow Experience

Wow brix that DC is amazing to behold right there congrats. Do u notice a island fruit/grapey to slightly gassy at times kinda smell off urs or what's the smell like coming from yours? Just wondering cause all of a sudden the pas 2 days or so mine have been changing smells at first it was like an island fruit kinda smell jus cudnt quite place the exact fruit tho maybe grape I was thinkn. But then it went to sumthn gassy sour kinda smell with a hint of fruits jus like on the back ground of the smell. Like if u take a big whiff in threw the nose the last part kinda smells fruity lol. Idk but she is one of the weirdest ones on smells I've ever had it seems like every day she is changing a smell now lol. Here is mine at 142 days old totally and 54 days since I flipped to 12/12 here she is jus now. Well alil over half left. I took down a few branches so I could get some buds with alil bit of a raceier high versus the couch lock high. Plus I notice with this strain that i like both types of highs. So here is what's left in all her glory lol.

I love how since I left her she is now starting to throw out some purple and reds an pinks more on her leaves an buds. She has always had alil pinkish tints to her but they are way more pronounced the longer I'm letting her go. I cant wait to see how she ends up with a low an slow cure. Cause with what's left here that's what I plan on doing with her is a low an slow cure.

Oooo. Floral? No. :cheesygrinsmiley:

All mine have been fruit and fuel. I know what you mean about the fans snapping off. :slide: That might also be because Brix brought it to harvest with such healthy turgor.

:bravo:
Why thank you. One of my first Hempy harvests, I need to see the weight, but I would say a success.

Wow brix that DC is amazing to behold right there congrats. Do u notice a island fruit/grapey to slightly gassy at times kinda smell off urs or what's the smell like coming from yours? Just wondering cause all of a sudden the pas 2 days or so mine have been changing smells at first it was like an island fruit kinda smell jus cudnt quite place the exact fruit tho maybe grape I was thinkn. But then it went to sumthn gassy sour kinda smell with a hint of fruits jus like on the back ground of the smell. Like if u take a big whiff in threw the nose the last part kinda smells fruity lol. Idk but she is one of the weirdest ones on smells I've ever had it seems like every day she is changing a smell now lol. Here is mine at 142 days old totally and 54 days since I flipped to 12/12 here she is jus now. Well alil over half left. I took down a few branches so I could get some buds with alil bit of a raceier high versus the couch lock high. Plus I notice with this strain that i like both types of highs. So here is what's left in all her glory lol.
Yes, definitely got some grapey gas, but last night after some handling of the leaves Sue got a heavy lilac scent on her hands. So definitely some levels there.

Oooo. Floral? No. :cheesygrinsmiley:

All mine have been fruit and fuel. I know what you mean about the fans snapping off. :slide: That might also be because Brix brought it to harvest with such healthy turgor.

:bravo:

I’ve never smelled a plant that expressed so strongly suggestive of lilac Graytail. It’s the most amazing thing. Definately lilac, there’s no doubt about it.

The berry and fuel are in there too. While trimming I kept getting hit by the fuel. There are so many layers to her perfume.....

She’s in the drying tent as we speak. :yahoo: By the time we finished filling the shelf Brix was feeling more comfortable about weights. We won’t know until the buds get jarred. Brix doesn’t like to play the guessing game. :laughtwo:

Wonderful root mass on this girl! :slide:
We learned to water all the way around to help even out root development, but she certainly had enough to feed those chunky buds.

One down, another right behind in early flower. Things move smoothly in Brix’s garden. :green_heart:

So.... I went wandering through terpenes. I’d assumed the lilac was a variant of linalool, although looking back I’m not sure why. :laughtwo:

The terpene in lilac that gives it that distinctive fragrance is......

Terpinolene. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It appears this girl Brix just harvested took the terpinolene from Carnival and gave it a floral twist. How cool is genetics? :laughtwo:

:woohoo:DC3 pollinated with Carnival except for one branch pollinated with one of my strains-Nice Devil. Looks like seeds are real small, I'm giving the plant plenty of time to finish out.

:Namaste:

That looks great man congrats. How long has she been in flower?

It suddenly occurred to me that I may have the largest selection of DC goodies available at the moment. I’ll have the chance to taste Brix’s specimen, I have some from @MagicJim, there’s cob from DB 1.7 (?), and then I remembered I still had a small amount of my last DC harvest stashed, so I went looking.

Oh! I’d forgotten these buds were seeded!

This one is obviously immature, but I’ll try it someday anyway. She may pop.

I knew there had to be more, so I started exploring, and sure enough......

They have indica markings, which suggests my suspicions about the MD may be right.

Another layer of interest on the way to stabilizing the strain. Someday either I or another member will give these a go. We may have a treasure in here. :battingeyelashes:

I feel incredible blessed to have sampled so many of the specimens already. When I get to dynamo’s this summer I’ll get to sample some of his too. :yahoo:

Oh......I call this living. :laughtwo:

You caught a DC3 that's gone 89 days in bloom? And it's pollinated with a Carnival? :yahoo:

I've never run a DC pheno that long - they all finished in under 70 days.

Those seeds are going to be interesting. Does the DC have its full color, too? With a bloom that long, it has to lean Carnival in the first place.

Very promising! :bravo:

Bravo indeed! :bravo:

Good grief dynamo, she’s a vision of loveliness! Oooo.... I’ll get to taste this one! :yahoo: I’m stunned that you kept it in flower this long. None of mine got past 60 days.

Would you like one or two of my maverick seeds for a future play date? They could find their way into my luggage. :battingeyelashes:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:That's funny, you know what they say about old dogs:rofl::rofl::rofl: It has taken a lifetime to get this unorganized. The long flowering time is because I try to give seeds plenty of time to finish out, the goal is mature seeds not bud, I did sneak a test bud yesterday to dry & try. Sue, no seeds at this time I am overloaded. My Nice Devil I haven't even tried yet, after a delay from couple of males I have two ND ladies half way to flower. Rambling on:woohoo::bongrip::bongrip::bongrip: :surf: :Namaste:

Ok so I decided to weigh up the first half of my hibrix Devils Carnival buds. An man I ended up with more then I thought I woulda got an this is only half of the harvest. The other half is still drying. The first half came in at jus a tad over 3 oz so not to huge but with how good the quality is not complaining lol.

This is my big bud I'm saving till the end an I'll do a giant joint with this bad boy all in it lol.

I love seeing what everyone has going on and I am very happy to read that everyone is enjoying this cross. Currently we have 4 of them going right now and they were forgotten about in the shuffle...so they are flowering in 1 gallons whoops.

Thank you everyone for keeping this thread alive. It is greatly appreciated. This year there will be a few more DCs that make an appearance and i'll be sure to get some pictures.

:thanks:

Jones.... :thumb::woohoo::goodjob::welldone:

Back
Top Bottom