df first grow, help, do i have a problem?

df65

This is my first grow.

This is day 23 of flowering.

Indoors, with 12 plants. 6 blue dream. and 6 headband. In soil.

3 1000 watt vented hps, 10 in fan thru the lights. 8 inch fan exhausting out of the room. 6 inch fan drawing fresh air into the room. window ac.

nutes = gh, floragro, floramicro, florabloom, diamond nectar, liquid koolbloom, floralicious, calimagic, hibrix, and carbo load.

I water approx. every 4 days. I have a moisture meter, but mainly I use the lift method. When I water, I soak the plants until there is about a 10-15% runoff. My ph is approx. 6.2-6.6.

the temps in the room run between 69.5 as a low, and a max of 79 deg.

20140825_195535.jpg
20140825_195517.jpg
20140824_190131.jpg

At day 23 of flower after stretch I would expect to be watering less but more often and on a Feed, water, water, water, feed or Feed, water, water, feed at most. Total PPM should be no more than 1000 except for week 5 and 6 where hungry plants can enjoy up to 1500 PPM. The watering you describe is for root development and most effective in veg but not flower in my opinion.

PPM= 800-850. I did not flush prior to switching to flower. I feed every time I water. These leaves came from about 1/2 way down the plant on the outer part of the plant. Only one other plant has any leaves like this, both plants with this problem are headband.

Because of where these leaves were located, and the fact that the plants are so packed together, I didn't know if it could be from a lack of light or ventilation.

I would flush all of them with 2-3 times as much water as there is soil in the pot. Atleast the ones showing signs of lockout. Wouldnt hurt to feed with 1/4 strength for a week afterwards and wouldnt hurt to put some vitamin b-1 in there.

Good luck!

What is the purpose of vitamin b-1? When I get home from work tonight, i'll go thru all the plants and see if any others are effected.

THANK YOU to all for the information !!

I keep saying that this first grow is a giant experiment. The adventure rolls on.

If it were lack of light you'd have leaves fading into yellow and not burned looking. You've been feeding too much and have salt buildup causing the lockout so I agree with the flush and then stick to a feed, water only, water only, feed schedule. I also agree with starting off with 1/4 strength and building up gradually and watch for any symptoms in new growth - back off if new growth exhibits any lockout issues. 40% of your total PPM should come from Mg i.e. Cal-Mag or Cali-Magic during veg up to the end of stretch and then switch to 25% Mg using a Mag-Sulfur supplement such as B-1 or FloraNectar after the stretch. If you experience leaf drooping at the end of the day then a Silica additive may help.

one through all 12 plants, and only the headband plants have any leaves that are turning. Each plant had a few leaves that I removed. I think at this point I'm going to check them again tomorrow, and water without any nutes. The only question I have should I use anything in the pH water, like hibrix?

I appreciate all the help.

Back
Top Bottom