Diabetes

joetherag42

Are there any strains of Cannabis that will help control or lower my A1c back to normal and eliminate my DIABETES?

I had been told that I am Pre-Diabetic for last couple years.
Last week I got a blood test for my Oncology clinic.
It showed my A1c was a count of 10, which my Primary VA doctor told me you are now FULL DIABETIC.
In the last six months I have lost weight from 310 lbs to now I am 281 lbs.
I have been staying away from excess carbs, no sugar or diet drinks.

Seems the doctors only want to push Drugs to solve the SYMPTOMS, and not treat the Root Cause.
I am doing all the stuff the doctors tell me about "controlling" the Diabetes.
If anyone has any success in using any form of CANNABIS to eliminate DIABETES PLEASE let me know.
thanks

I was pre diabetic (blood sugar would shoot up into the 300s) about 10 years ago and used cannabis to help control it- by quitting drinking and responsibly smoking cannabis instead.
I know that’s not going to be the story for everyone, but for me the alcohol was the main driver in my high A1c #. Once I quit that and did a more steady amount of physical activity rather than be sedentary, my blood sugar fell into place. It sounds like you are already losing weight which is huge in beating full blown diabetes. I would choose a strain (likely sativa dominant) that will keep you relaxed but motivated, and make sure to watch those late night sugar/snack binges. You are fortunate to be at a stage where you can still get a handle on it. Don’t let it get away from you!

How do you think Blue Dream would work. I've grown it before, but did not get any seeds extra. I Can order some blue dream seeds and see how it makes me feel.
I don't smoke I just make it into tincture or RSO.

Thanks for your kind words and ideas.
An update is in order on my Diabetes and my complete overcoming it.
One of my chief drinks are Cannabis Leaves from plants I trim. I freeze them in zip lock bags.
I get some out and put them in a Juicer with some other Veggies and a few choice low glycemic fruits.
No Carrots or apples, only use berries, and pears.
That makes a great drink and healthy, with very low carbs and sugar.
I researched and made up my own Eating and Drinking guide, which I have given out to others who are overweight/obese and suffering with Diabetes. It specifically shows how I use Cannabis in my treatment.
When my Harle Tsu flower, I will add some buds to my juiced drink.
I've also been taking a strong Indica Tincture every evening before bed, made from my FIREJUANA Plants.
My Blood Glucose has gone down from 0ver 200 to now averages 97.
My A1c is down from 13 to 5.4.
My weight is down from 320 to now 247.
My blood pressure is now at a steady 110.
I am completely out of Diabetes thanks to our God, my research, and the wonderful marijuana plant He created.

Thanks for your kind words and ideas.
An update is in order on my Diabetes and my complete overcoming it.
One of my chief drinks are Cannabis Leaves from plants I trim. I freeze them in zip lock bags.
I get some out and put them in a Juicer with some other Veggies and a few choice low glycemic fruits.
No Carrots or apples, only use berries, and pears.
That makes a great drink and healthy, with very low carbs and sugar.
I researched and made up my own Eating and Drinking guide, which I have given out to others who are overweight/obese and suffering with Diabetes. It specifically shows how I use Cannabis in my treatment.
When my Harle Tsu flower, I will add some buds to my juiced drink.
I've also been taking a strong Indica Tincture every evening before bed, made from my FIREJUANA Plants.
My Blood Glucose has gone down from 0ver 200 to now averages 97.
My A1c is down from 13 to 5.4.
My weight is down from 320 to now 247.
My blood pressure is now at a steady 110.
I am completely out of Diabetes thanks to our God, my research, and the wonderful marijuana plant He created.
5.4! Wow. I am type two. I had gone up to somewhere like 9.4, and didn't want to add drugs to metformin, so I did a no carb regiment, pretty much on my own. I had previously done atkins, so I knew what to do. Last tim I checked I was down to 7.4, but to get to 5's. What an accomplishment! I am no longer overweight, and my blood pressure has also gone down. But I would think pears would put a lot of sugar in the system. I haven't made smoothies for years. Used to use blueberries or strawberries with banana. No sweetner, obviously, but the banana was too much sugar. The only fruits I use are small apple (always with protein) or berries. Sometimes if I cheat and have a pair or nectarine. What saved me was Lily's chocolate. No sugar alcohol or sugar, as well a monk fruit drops sweeter, which I can use to sweeten tea, lemonade and homemade sodas like gingerale.

Actually, almost forgot the reason I found your post. An wondering if tincture will work for insomnia and if tincture mght be a way to avoid munchies. Was thinking of preparing a tincture with 151 proof rum from this fall's harvest...

Actually, almost forgot the reason I found your post. An wondering if tincture will work for insomnia and if tincture mght be a way to avoid munchies. Was thinking of preparing a tincture with 151 proof rum from this fall's harvest...

Take a look here GrayWolf's Lair Home

From that site -

I've started making my own canna-sugar with shake that a friend gives me, I'm making my own dabs now too. Next thing I'm looking at is SPD (short path distillation).

The creator frequents a sister site to this one (not sure if I'm allowed to say names or not) and he's the original designer and creator of the terpenator.

Long story short you definitely will have success with a tincture, but maybe not with 151, you might need to use a higher proof alcohol in the range of 190 to get a proper extraction.

Take a look here GrayWolf's Lair Home

From that site -

I've started making my own canna-sugar with shake that a friend gives me, I'm making my own dabs now too. Next thing I'm looking at is SPD (short path distillation).

The creator frequents a sister site to this one (not sure if I'm allowed to say names or not) and he's the original designer and creator of the terpenator.

Long story short you definitely will have success with a tincture, but maybe not with 151, you might need to use a higher proof alcohol in the range of 190 to get a proper extraction.
Thank you for your reply. If you can tell me please, what alcohol is 190 proof, I thought Barcardii (sic?) 151 proof was high as there was on the market. If you know of a legal brand I can buy in liquor stores that exceeds 151 proof please advise me. Not really a drinker (smoking weed all my life, but never had a hang over, when I drink it was wine, occasionally gin & tonic, Pina Colada or whisky sour). I am admittedly ignorant on anything higher the 151 proof.

I'll check it out. I wasn't implying state area restrictions, just possible I never heard of it cause I don't drink much... Thank you for that. Next time I pass a liquor store I'll check for it...

Back
Top Bottom