Diagnose my Feminized Auto-Flower Problem

stevebennett

Hey there, this is my first indoor grow. I'm using an old toy chest that's about 2x2x4. I got my seeds from Crop King Seeds in Vancouver, BC. They are the feminized auto-flowering Northern Lights variety. I used 4 LEDs for the vegetative stage and I got 3 more LEDs bulbs once I noticed some tendrils emerging (at the 5 week mark). I've had it on a 22-hour light schedule since I planted it. I didn't change the light schedule when I noticed the tendrils. I started LST around week 3 and I noticed some leaves showing some discolouration (brown spots) around that same time. I figured that spots were just a result of the LST so I didn't really worry too much about it. I trimmed those leaves off and the plant looked pretty healthy otherwise.

Right now I'm at about 6.5 weeks and I'm starting to see the first real buds sprouting. I also noticed that my plant went through a pretty significant growth spurt in the last week and half which I've read is pretty common when the plant is switching to the flowering stage. However, the leaves are pointing straight up and have been for about a week. I'm also noticing some pretty significant yellowing of leaves and I'm beginning to be a little worried. Any help or recommendations would be very appreciated!!

Here are some pictures for you reference:

IMG_20181129_122012.jpg
IMG_20181129_121947.jpg
IMG_20181129_121955.jpg
IMG_20181129_122012.jpg

Hi,
OK what medium is she growing in and what nutrients have you fed her?
Listed bellow are the most common reasons.. I am in between pH and due to that N Def.

pH
Poor Watering Practices
Nitrogen Deficiency
Light Burn
Heat Stress / Cold Shock
Magnesium Deficiency
Iron Deficiency
Bugs or Pests
Bud Rot

I am with the others... I suspect several things, but I do like the overall color and vigor of your plant... you are doing some things right.

I suspect your only big problem at the moment is a severe lack of magnesium. Get some calmag or make some, fast. The little bit of clawing that I see, the leaf tips pointing down to the roots, indicates to me that you are rootbound or you water too often, and the burnt leaf tips tells me that you are over fertilizing just a bit.
---Emmie

I see cal mag def and nitro def some yellow leafs older down low could be age though and lack of light.

Check ph first thing

Hey there, this is my first indoor grow. I'm using an old toy chest that's about 2x2x4. I got my seeds from Crop King Seeds in Vancouver, BC. They are the feminized auto-flowering Northern Lights variety. I used 4 LEDs for the vegetative stage and I got 3 more LEDs bulbs once I noticed some tendrils emerging (at the 5 week mark). I've had it on a 22-hour light schedule since I planted it. I didn't change the light schedule when I noticed the tendrils. I started LST around week 3 and I noticed some leaves showing some discolouration (brown spots) around that same time. I figured that spots were just a result of the LST so I didn't really worry too much about it. I trimmed those leaves off and the plant looked pretty healthy otherwise.

Right now I'm at about 6.5 weeks and I'm starting to see the first real buds sprouting. I also noticed that my plant went through a pretty significant growth spurt in the last week and half which I've read is pretty common when the plant is switching to the flowering stage. However, the leaves are pointing straight up and have been for about a week. I'm also noticing some pretty significant yellowing of leaves and I'm beginning to be a little worried. Any help or recommendations would be very appreciated!!

Here are some pictures for you reference:

IMG_20181129_122012.jpg
IMG_20181129_121947.jpg
IMG_20181129_121955.jpg
IMG_20181129_122012.jpg
As I said before my experience is about 30 + years in as a landscape nurseryman and as a Landscape Designer, but I still over water with this indoor lighting and indoor growing. my 1st gut feeling is over watering, also check the ph and. Rule of thumb on outdoor landscape plants is when your over watering the plant or tree, you will start loosing the underneath leaves 1st since they transpire minimal water and the outer leaves which are trying hard to transpire moisture and get rid it, and are the last to go. Look at your plant in picture no. 1. You're over watering it Partner. Just back off till one day you see it droop a little (Not Till Wilting!), from lack of water. Then water it with mycorrhizol to get your Microbes back, because with over watering you get some anaerobic bacterial microbes (not good), So you'll be getting the Microbe food chain back in order and you'll get going again and you'll probably be OK. Check your ph as well. It'll make it look similar.

Back
Top Bottom