Diagnose my plant please! Drooping & older leaves starting to yellow

danksalot

Hey folks,

I'm conducting a grow in a small tent with a 600w HPS (dimmed at 75%)

I'm growing four clones that I picked up from a dispensary about a week ago.

One of the plants was doing extremely well until today when I noticed it had started to droop. Also, its older leaves, which were once a lovely deep emerald, are now beginning to yellow.

I'm ruled out a couple of things (feel free to tell me if I'm wrong)
-Don't think it's underwatering because I generally water my plants every other day (based upon if the soil is dry ala knuckle test)
-I considered that it could be overwatering but the last time I watered my plant was 2 days ago so I figured I would've seen the symptoms sooner..right??
-I balance my waters PH to around 6 so don't think it's that
-I give my plants at least a week to settle before I add nutrients so I don't think its an overabundance of nutes...
-Don't think it's a root problem because the plant was doing well and I didn't need to leave the humidity dome on it very long as I do with most of my clones to ensure they transplant well..
-Temps are around 75 so I'm guessing they're okay?

So what could it be?
My tent is fairly small.. (4' wide, 4' tall, 2' across) and my light is pretty powerful (75% 600 HPS)..could the plant be receiving too much light/heat? should I dim it down to 50%?

Here's the plant (double dream which is a cross between blue dream & double star). It's a clone from a dispensary

I do not see any yellowing to be honest. Can you post a normal picture?

I do not see any yellowing to be honest. Can you post a normal picture?

Here ya go...Been about a day..so far the yellowing leaves have gotten more yellow but the other parts of the plants remain a
healthy green despite its droopy appearance..how many days should it take for the plant to bounce back?

Could it have something to do with my medium? I'm using 1/3 perlite, 1/3 peat moss, and 1/3 vermiculite

q6ZVpEG.jpg

b0GKqlw.jpg

I use peat-moss as well, but with a different composition. 60% peat-moss 20% vermiculite and 20% perlite, I find the vermiculite hangs on to too much moisture, I also balance out the mixture with 1 cup of dolomite lime in a 18 gallon Rubbermaid tote containing my mix.

Have you started with nutrients yet?

She seems to be lacking in nitrogen. You will also need calcium and magnesium supplement. Check out the GH 3 part line up.

You may also want to go to KingJohnC's journals he also uses peat-moss, perlite and vermiculite for his grows.

I use peat-moss as well, but with a different composition. 60% peat-moss 20% vermiculite and 20% perlite, I find the vermiculite hangs on to too much moisture, I also balance out the mixture with 1 cup of dolomite lime in a 18 gallon Rubbermaid tote containing my mix.

Have you started with nutrients yet?

She seems to be lacking in nitrogen. You will also need calcium and magnesium supplement. Check out the GH 3 part line up.

You may also want to go to KingJohnC's journals he also uses peat-moss, perlite and vermiculite for his grows.

Hey Lab,

thanks for your help so far.

I've been holding off on giving the plant nute water because everyones been telling me its overwatered. Should I go ahead and give it some?

I use dyna-gro which is supposed to be a good brand for growing dank. It contains all of the nutrients you listed. I also do plan on buying some calmag when I next have some moolah

Well I added nutes to the plant last night.

So far its remained pretty stable. The big fan leaves are still yellowed but there is new growth and the rest of the plant appears a healthy green.

However, the plant is still a bit droopy...Should it recover in a few days if it was diagnosed correctly?

Back
Top Bottom