Dick23rk's 2nd Journal - Miscellaneous Crop King Seeds Adventures

**Update Time**

Hey again everyone, big day in the garden today for the babies, the have moved on to the toddler stage. Both CB Dutch Treat and Hash Plant were given new homes and got matching hair cuts to boot :) Also both plants got 1/4 strength nutes, General Hydroponics flora series with Armour Si.. Hopefully soon we will have some other babies as well, will touch on that within the update. Thanks again for coming everyone!

Here is how the day started out for CB Dutch Treat... She's at 16 days now, looking nice and healthy green, nice broad leaves.
Dutch_day16.JPG
Dutch_top_day16.JPG

Here are her roots before transplant, just peeled back the tape to have a look inside the cup first.
Dutch_roots_day_16.JPG
SAM_4258.JPG

And her new hair cut, got topped at the 3rd node, it was working on the 4th.
Dutch_topped_day16.JPG

Now on to the Hash Plant with her short node spacing.. Also in at 16 days old today, she suffered a little heat stress it seems and was looking like she could use some nutes.
Hash_day16.JPG

Hash_top_day16.JPG

Here is the roots she had been working on the last couple weeks
Hash_roots_day16.JPG
SAM_4254.JPG

This is the matching hair cut to her roommate, topped at the 3rd node and was working on the 5th
Hash_topped_day16.JPG

Now I will show you all the new digs for these girls, they are now in 3.09 liter pots
SAM_4260.JPG
SAM_4261.JPG
SAM_4262.JPG

Here I will show you a few quick pictures in order of how I transplanted these babies and will likely keep doing it this way since it was so easy. I just added a layer of my medium in the bottom of the pot to bring the top of the cup up higher than the pot. I then held the cup in position in the middle and filled the rest of the pot with my medium and patted down lightly. I then pre-soaked the soil and let it sit a few minutes before removing the cup, I am then left with a hole the same size at what the plants root ball will be, just plop it in and pat down lightly.
SAM_4243.JPG
SAM_42441.JPG
SAM_4245.JPG
SAM_4246.JPG
SAM_4247.JPG
SAM_4252.JPG
SAM_42561.JPG

That's pretty much it for these 2 today, the transplant and checking of roots along with the topping of both. They seem to be doing pretty well so far I think, hopefully I'm not doing anything wrong so far, trying not to water to often, they seem pretty dry after 4 or 5 days in solo cups, now that they are in bigger pots that should change.

I will have another post after this to do with the new beans that are being soaked as we speak. Time to get some more photoperiod plants started and then I will likely add in some autoflowers to fill in the veg room once I grab another light for in there. So far so good :)

**2nd Update - More Beans**

I decided it was time to start up a couple more babies this afternoon as well. This time we are going a couple of Kush genetics, thos being CB Dream and Purple Kush :) These 2 will go along well with the CB Dutch Treat and Hash Plant.

Here is some info on these 2 strains from the Crop King website

CB Dream80% Indica
6% THC
6% CBD
0.8% CBN
Yields up to 400 grams
This strain is a cross of Blue Dream and Original Kush that comes from Spain and comes with calming, relaxing medical effects. Maturing in about 8 weeks it will smell of sweet pine and citrus and reach a height of 3-4 feet.

Purple Kush75% Indica
25.5% THC
0.4% CBD
1.5% CBN
Yields up to 400 grams
This strain, out of the USA, is a mix of Cali Purple Kush and Original Kush which will mature in 8-10 weeks. It's pure indica high along with high thc levels are sure to give you a relaxing and couch lock effect but not so narcotic.

These 2 should be pretty fun to grow, I know for sure that I haven't grown any Kush strains before :) I took the smallest seed out of the purple kush pack, lets see if she pops out a monster or not, there was a really big one as well as 3 the same size in between lol.. Let the fun being..
SAM_42651.JPG
SAM_4266.JPG
SAM_4267.JPG
SAM_4268.JPG

**Update Time**

Hey folks, hope you're all doing well today. Seems to be pretty dead in here lately, where did you all go? haha, no worries, I will just light this up and I'm sure the smell will attract some people soon :blunt: I got some cherry pie shatter left to if it's not gone before ya get here LOL! Anyways, on to business as usual!

Temps and humidity have been pretty normal, lots of air flowing upstairs as well. Temps have been between 20 and 26 degrees, the odd time when the tent is closed and lights are on it gets a little warmer, I can always just open a window. Humidity has been around 60-70% at most times, sometimes it will drop lower when the windows are open.

This morning before work the seeds that were in paper towels since yesterday morning were cracked and just barely showing the tap roots, so into the dirt they went and under the lights. They also have the baggies over them acting as a humidity dome, I remove it a couple times a day as well to allow fresh air in. No we sit in anticipation waiting for something to happen :)

CB Dutch Treat

Day 18 - This gal is loving the up pot, growing nicely and never seemed to take any shock from the transplant or topping. She seems more sad now because I was playing around trying to do some serious LST, I'm sure she will be perky again in the morning. Got her bent over now and ready for some fun. I am hoping to take the 2 mains and wrap them around each outside edge of the pot and secure them to the rim.

Hash Plant

Day 18 - I think we may need to up the nutrient intake next feed to 1/2 strength with this girl, the fading leaves haven't quite gone away. She didn't suffer any shock either after transplant and topping, lower growth has still been growing like it should :) This one has also been bent over them same way as the other, we will see where it goes from there.

That's about it for today, nothing else to report aside from fighting with maple bugs again in the area haha. Dam things are all thru the house, they keep finding small spaces to squeeze in, will have that fixed next year for sure. Lets hope these 2 little ones work out well with their training session, will see how they look in the morning. Hopefully we will see some babies tomorrow as well, I will keep you all updated when it happens.
Take care everyone, keep them gardens green and stinky.

**Quick Update

Hey all, just throwing up a quick update today after the training and such yesterday. No babies yet, I'm sure they will be up tomorrow, might have planted them a little deep.

Day 19 for both CB Dutch Treat and Hash Plant, they seem to be doing okay with their main part of the training session yesterday. Seems that all the node growth is starting to point back upwards, I may have to pluck a couple of the lowest ones off yet, we will see. I made up some new stakes to hold these babies down while they are still growing, I couldn't find my thin garden wire yesterday but got it now. I also cut some lengths of wire coat hanger, the thick stuff to make sure they stay down as they should. Now it's time to wait for the tops to grow out so we can keep on movin' on :) Thanks to all who have been stopping by.

SAM_4289.JPG
SAM_4291.JPG

Nice updates...
I think that one plant will just grow out of it..there's always one trouble maker in the bunch. .
See ur doing cks cbd dream was gonna get some then I noticed
There getting in a cbd cheese with 8% CBD. 5 TO 8% thc..nice right..gotta get that.should cure and ache or pain. Lol
Keep up the good work.

Nice updates...
I think that one plant will just grow out of it..there's always one trouble maker in the bunch. .
See ur doing cks cbd dream was gonna get some then I noticed
There getting in a cbd cheese with 8% CBD. 5 TO 8% thc..nice right..gotta get that.should cure and ache or pain. Lol
Keep up the good work.

Thanks OS .. Yeah, the Hash Plant still seems to be doing fine regardless of being the troublemaker, I'm sure it will get re-adjusted next feeding. Yup, I decided to do both of Crop King's high CBD strains. I did see to that they were getting that new strain, very close percentages to the CBDream. I see it also says it can yield up to 400g's, I'd like to see that from an auto flower. I may just have to try it if I buy any other auto's, I have lots of seeds for now though haha.

**Update Time**

Well folks, we got lots going on here today here in the garden once again. We got some new babies, CB Dream and Purple Kush broke soil over night sometime and are loving life above ground! Also I put down some auto's in water this morning to add to the bunch. So lets get at it and see what's happening in the garden!! :allgood:

CB Dutch Treat

Starting with the older ones today, this wonderful girl hasn't given me any grief yet and is very healthy looking. She seems to have slowed down growth for a couple days after being topped and bent over but has still been looking fairly happy. This pot still has some weight to it, waiting for signs that she needs to be fed and has dried out sufficiently.

Hash Plant

This girl doesn't seem to have been stunted at all with the topping and bending, lower shoots are turning up and developing nicely. I will strip off the lowest node growth next time I do anything to her and leave the 2nd node alone, I can always pull these 2 shoots back into the middle of the pot. Pot is starting to dry out, still waiting on signs of needing to be fed again as well.

CB Dream

Here is one of the babies!! As soon as I looked at her this morning I got this feeling it is going to be a fast grower with some close nodes possibly. As soon as the cotyledons opened up there was already first node growth coming out from between them, pretty neat I thought anyway. Only thing I did notice is that she's pretty pale, hope it's no big issue but thinking it could possibly be from my tap water? I dampened the paper towels the seeds were in with warm tap water one night but was using RO water before, hard to say if that effected the seedling, should be fine.

Purple Kush

And here is our other baby, a very wee one at that! This was from the smallest seed in the pack, I have never planted one that small I don't think. Lets hope that this one takes right off and makes up for it's smallness one way or another, I don't give up to easily on my plants :) This one was also a little pale like the CB Dream so that's why I'm thinking maybe it was the tap water, I never use my tap water for these plants and that may be a good indication to never do it again.

Annnnnnd, last but not least, some autoflowering variety :)

I put these babies into water to soak for about 12 hours, they will be going into paper towels tonight before bed.

Please welcome... 2 x Train Wreck auto's and 2 x Revolver auto's :cheer:
These ones should be a treat to keep around in the veg tent. I plan to get them going straight into my 3.09 liter pots (same ones I'm using for the oldest plants) after germination starts and let them grow out in these. I don't want them getting to big in the veg tent, if I see signs of stress or being root bound I will gently up pot them to something a little bigger and then I will know better for next time lol.

Here is some quick info from the Crop King's website..

Train Wreck
Type:Indoor / Outdoor
Growing: Easy
Flowering Time: 8 Weeks
Sativa/Indica:60% Sat., 30% Ind. & 10% Ruder.
Effect:pure Sativa High
THC: Medium - High
THC%:16.50%
CBD: 0.49%
CBN: 0.09%
Yield: Up to 250 gr Indoors/150 gr out
Genetics: Original Cali Train Wreck

Revolver
Growing: Easy - Moderate
Flowering Time: 7 Weeks
Indica/Sativa:70% Indica, 20% Sativa, 10% Ruderalis
Effect:Stoney yet High - Full Body Buzz
THC: Low - Moderate
THC%:13.67%
CBD: 0.1%
CBN: 4.2%
Yield:Up to 250 gr Indoors/150 gr out
Genetics: NY City Diesel X Original White Widow

Anyways, that's it for now I figure. Hope you're all having a fantastic day as we inch closer to the weekend once again. Take care everyone and may your gardens be green :) Thanks for stopping by :thanks:

Good job and Bravo my friend, a lot going on in your garden and all looking good! TC and Cheers!

Thanks SG, trying to get things going on. I'm really hoping my buddy still has them lights for me haha I may be in trouble otherwise.

Train Wreck
Growing: Easy
Flowering Time: 8 Weeks
Sativa/Indica:60% Sat., 30% Ind. & 10% Ruder.
Effect:pure Sativa High
THC: Medium - High
THC%:16.50%
CBD: 0.49%
CBN: 0.09%
Yield: Up to 250 gr Indoors/150 gr out
Genetics: Original Cali Train Wreck

I was thinking I read somewhere that Crop King's Train Wreck auto-flowering strain might be closer to a twelve-week than an eight-week grow. I could be mistaken, of course.

I just started soaking what is supposed to be one of their auto-flowering mix seeds. They didn't come in the breeder package, just some seeds in a tiny Ziploc-type baggie, with a hand-written label (someone was nice enough to gift "a few" strains to me, and this was one of them). Who knows if it's the auto Train Wreck, the auto Jack Herer, the auto Dwarf Low Flyer, or one of their other ones. Regardless, it'll be something I haven't grown before. I've done phototropic versions of some of them (different breeders), but that probably isn't close at all even if you squint real hard and tilt your head (lol).

I was thinking I read somewhere that Crop King's Train Wreck auto-flowering strain might be closer to a twelve-week than an eight-week grow. I could be mistaken, of course.

I just started soaking what is supposed to be one of their auto-flowering mix seeds. They didn't come in the breeder package, just some seeds in a tiny Ziploc-type baggie, with a hand-written label (someone was nice enough to gift "a few" strains to me, and this was one of them). Who knows if it's the auto Train Wreck, the auto Jack Herer, the auto Dwarf Low Flyer, or one of their other ones. Regardless, it'll be something I haven't grown before. I've done phototropic versions of some of them (different breeders), but that probably isn't close at all even if you squint real hard and tilt your head (lol).

Thanks for pointing that out for me TS, I will have a look around at some other members journals to see how long they took in their conditions and way of growing to get a general idea.

Yeah, that auto you have started could be just about anything, I have only grown out the Candy Cane and Amnesia Haze myself. I have looked at lots of other journals with several CKS strains so maybe we will be able to figure it out once it flowers :)

Nope I wouldn't imagine that the photo version of of any auto would be relatively close by any means. After you add in the ruderalis genetics you are adding a piece of that plant that you can't completely get rid of. The breeder can keep breeding out certain phenotypes to get something that looks similar, but will never have the same thc, cbd and cbn percentages.

Looking good! Excited to see how the lst goes!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks bud. I am excited to see how it goes to haha :rofl::rofl:

And this guy is following.

Right on sleepless, welcome to my little garden and also welcome to 420 Magazine. Just watching around the forums and learning or do you have a journal going as well? I would be more than happy to pop by and have a look at what you have going on as well :) If you need any help around here there are a couple of links in my signature below as well as lots of sticky's at the top of every part of the forum to help along the way. Let me know if you need any other help :)

**Quick Update**

Thanks to everyone that's been stopping by, greatly appreciated! I wouldn't be here without all of you that's for sure. Love this awesome community! :thanks::circle-of-love:

Everything is looking perky in the garden this afternoon. Had to make a few adjustments and that's about it. I staked down some of the leaves on CB Dutch Treat and Hash Plant since they were rising up and shading the nodes below that we want so much to grow :) I also raised up the babies which I forgot to do yesterday since they were starting to stretch a bit, I simply took a small glass, flipped it upside down and set it flat under the plants temporarily.

Here is the room at present..

SAM_4306.JPG

CB Dutch Treat
Day - 21 (3 weeks)

Node growth is finally starting to grow some more but still slowly, she may be waiting for a drink.. Still no signs of needing one though. Staked down top set of leaves that were shading nodes. Nothing else to report on this one today.
SAM_4307.JPG

Hash Plant
Day - 21 (3 weeks)

Nodes are starting to bush out on this one and the tops are starting to come in as well. Still no drink for this gal either. Also staked down some leaves that were creating shade.
SAM_4308.JPG

CB Dream
Day - 2

This wee one sure sprouted up in the last day, I didn't expect it to stretch that much so fast, my own fault for not getting them closer to the light sooner. Most of that stem will be buried during transplant, leaving enough to be bent over and played with :) Looking good here otherwise, taking right off!
SAM_4311.JPG

Purple Kush
Day - 2

And last but not least, the really wee one! Funny looking little thing lol Hope it gets past all that and veg's up to be a great looking gal. Still working on that same new growth, it hasn't grown much there but has stretched up towards the light a little as well. I'm sure it will be fine, no giving up.
SAM_4312.JPG

As for the other seeds, they are in paper towels still. One of the dam things dried out some over night but the seeds weren't cracked yet. I re-wet each of them this morning and placed them on 1 plate and used the other to cover it about half way while sitting on my surround sound receiver. One side of it seems to be warmer than the other so this is why 1 dried out more. All was good when I came home, 1 seed has cracked, waiting to see some others crack to plant all at once if possible.

That's it for today everyone! May your gardens be green and you buds be tasty :) :thanks:

Thanks for pointing that out for me TS, I will have a look around at some other members journals to see how long they took in their conditions and way of growing to get a general idea.

It could have something to do with significantly larger pots being used from the start, I suppose, or people giving the plants a higher ratio of nitrogen. But that's just a WAG since I am about 99% ignorant on the subject of auto-flowering strains (especially "modern" ones).

Yeah, that auto you have started could be just about anything, I have only grown out the Candy Cane and Amnesia Haze myself. I have looked at lots of other journals with several CKS strains so maybe we will be able to figure it out once it flowers :)

I don't guess it is of great importance. As I expect it might be the runt of the litter, it'll probably be the one that I end up with, trying to tide me over until the next go-round. Well... And maybe I'll get to keep a little bit of the Kali Mist. Because, well... Kali Mist ;) .

When I (try to, lol) grow for someone else, I think it's important to let them know what they're getting, so that if it helps with one or more of their issues they will know what to look for in the future. In my case, I have a few strains in the "catalog" now so I can - in theory at least - try a few different things. While a panacea would be wonderful, of course, I would be delighted if I managed to stumble upon something that reduced my headaches (frequency, intensity, or both) without making me lethargic - or at least enabled me to ignore them - and maybe did something for the depression. I have found that it is possible to ignore much that is wrong below one's neck if the area above it is in good shape - but it never seemed to work in reverse, lol.

Really, though, I will be satisfied if it manages to not make the headaches worse. That has occasionally happened. Occasionally, to a rather devastating degree (picture man rolled up in the corner, trying not to bawl - because that makes noise, and noise hurts, lol - whilst a joint burns unattended in the ashtray... or on the floor :rolleyes3 ).

Nope I wouldn't imagine that the photo version of of any auto would be relatively close by any means. After you add in the ruderalis genetics you are adding a piece of that plant that you can't completely get rid of. The breeder can keep breeding out certain phenotypes to get something that looks similar, but will never have the same thc, cbd and cbn percentages.

Yes... It is definitely true that ruderalis contains more than just one chromosome - and even it, by itself, could be a factor in more things than just flowering (and probably is).

Off-topic and rambling (it wouldn't be one of my posts if I didn't include such content, lol): When I was a kid, I got mad at my brother and ran a cinnamon toothpick in and out of every cigarette in his pack. When he noticed (in the way you can expect), he acted like I'd tried to kill him in his sleep. As I am "not opposed" to one day figuring out which method might actually work (for ME) to be able to quit at least a few moments before I stop breathing, I just shook up a bottle of cinnamon oil, took the lid off, and rolled a cigarette across the rim of the bottle a few times, let it set for a couple of minutes, and tried to smoke it. For anyone who ever wondered if this might be a smoking cessation aid, and who smokes harsh, strong, highly mentholated cigarettes... do not do this!!! That SoB was delicious, lol, and I already want another one....

Off-topic and rambling (it wouldn't be one of my posts if I didn't include such content, lol): When I was a kid, I got mad at my brother and ran a cinnamon toothpick in and out of every cigarette in his pack. When he noticed (in the way you can expect), he acted like I'd tried to kill him in his sleep. As I am "not opposed" to one day figuring out which method might actually work (for ME) to be able to quit at least a few moments before I stop breathing, I just shook up a bottle of cinnamon oil, took the lid off, and rolled a cigarette across the rim of the bottle a few times, let it set for a couple of minutes, and tried to smoke it. For anyone who ever wondered if this might be a smoking cessation aid, and who smokes harsh, strong, highly mentholated cigarettes... do not do this!!! That SoB was delicious, lol, and I already want another one....

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Hahaha, oh god, that made my evening! I could only imagine how that would feel/taste. I'd likely gag and I was a cigarette smoker until recently this year. The things we do as kids to our siblings and such, just crazy lol.

Following closely!

I had the same issue with stretch on an OG Kush and a Liberty Haze. They were nice and close to a T5 though. Any closer would've been too hot. The next lot seemed okay. I was trying to figure out if it could have been something else. They're under 24hrs of light at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom