Dick23rk's 2nd Journal - Miscellaneous Crop King Seeds Adventures

Hey folks, I am back from vacation, all refreshed and ready to rock :tommy: I am just getting the journal started for now so bare with me while I get everything organized in the house once again. I don't really have a set plan as to what will take place in this journal so any suggestions along the way are always appreciated. I have 8 different Crop King strains and will be growing them all throughout this journal hopefully. So... lets get started with what we have for now, lots more to come as I get set back up again!

To start off this adventure, I decided to let the wife pick 2 strains out of the 4 photoperiod strains I have. Funny, she ended up picking the 2 that I was interested in most :) We will be starting out with these 2...

Hash Plant - 80% Indica
12.1% THC
3.5% CBD
3.3% CBN
Yield up to 300 grams indoors
This strain has a recommended 8 week flower time and will deliver a strong and long lasting high. This strains genetics are the original hash plant genes. It is an indica dominant strain that will give a narcotic body high that is great for those suffering from migraines and arthritis.

CB Dutch Treat - Sativa Dominant
4% THC
8% CBD
0.6% CBN
Yield up to 500 grams
This strain has a recommended 9 to 10 week flowering time giving an uplifting and awakening effect with its sativa dominance. Its parents are Azura Haze x Amnesia Haze. A good pain reliever that will deliver a high that is energetic and euphoric.

Here are the 2 beans in their water soaking, soon to be going into paper towels.

These strains will be started off in solo cups fixed with drain holes and filled with 100% organic seedling starter. I started with a 25 liter bag of seedling starter and then added an 8 liter bag of miracle grow perlite adding about 30-35% since there wasn't much to start with. I am thinking that maybe I could keep using the starter mix for the whole grow and just add the nutrients needed myself, anyone with insight to this please comment :)

So, that is what I have so far.. There will be more to come once I get my grow space moved around and placed the way I want and figure out everything else along the way. I am still very disorganized since there is so much to do around the house after being away on vacation. It will all pull together eventually. Stay tuned for more updates in the near future :)

Hey hey premed, thanks for subbing up. Grab a seat there where ever, I'm sure the lazy boy would be a comfy spot for a nap while this all gets started haha, kidding, I'll just slide this over to ya! :roorrip:

Beans are in the papertowels, hash plant cracked open at some point today while I was working :) Should have a little update tomorrow after I get my space arranged and in it's new place to get ready for the babies.

Hey, not a problem llamabomb! Glad you could stop by and see what's going on. Yeah I figured I would stay with CKS since I won those 2 contests, I now have 4 autoflower strains and 4 photoperiods which 2 of them are the high cbd strains.

There will be more to come today after work since both beans have cracked and showing their tails this morning. Time for planting tonight I think :)

**Mini update - Sept 7th**

Just a quick update for this evening everyone, nothing major yet but it's news all the same :) I got to work this afternoon on getting the grow tent put back together in its new room upstairs instead of the musty and dusty basement. It's a lot cleaner up there, there's no traffic since it's mostly just storage and I also have direct access to a window now. Now that I have my own room, I will also have the capability of using the tent as a veg space and the rest of the bedroom as a flowering area :thumb: Super bonus in my books!

Both beans sat on plates on top of my surround sound receiver in moist paper towels since Monday evening, they have cracked and tap root was showing about a half an inch this evening, so into the dirt they went and covered over with a sandwich baggy to keep the humidity up.

So lets have a look at what we're working with now.
Here is the grow tent, now on it's side instead of standing up.

And here is a look inside with the lights on and cups underneath waiting for these babies to poke their heads and helmets through the dirt. The trays underneath are actually tobacco can lids filled up with perlite, the cups sit on a couple of indents for air to access the bottom, the perlite was more to keep the light from getting at the roots in the bottom of the cups. I decided to use a clear colored cup and wrapped it in electrical tape so I could take the tape off before transplanting to ensure there is a good root system.

That's about it for tonight, hopefully there will be something happening in a couple of days. I will be sure to make an update when that time comes. Thanks all for stopping by.

Damn nice hardwood floors man jealous of that shit hehe. Looking like a good start

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420

HAHAHA, if you seen the house you would think differently lol. Not sure when the upstairs was built on this house, but when we bought it the realtor papers said it was built in 1904. I have talked to others that say this house was put together in like 4 different sections, so it's not all that old by any means but certainly needs some work lol

HAHAHA, if you seen the house you would think differently lol. Not sure when the upstairs was built on this house, but when we bought it the realtor papers said it was built in 1904. I have talked to others that say this house was put together in like 4 different sections, so it's not all that old by any means but certainly needs some work lol
I really like old hardwood. I'm deprived in my house. I got laminate that is meant to look like tile.... shit stuff. Have to remodel a bathroom right aeay and pretty much the rest of the house but I want a acreage.... first gotta stop spending all my money on my grows. You got my house beat by 60yrs. Guy down the road bought his new for 17,000.... compared to the almost 300,000 that I had to buy mine for tis crazy shit.

Hey Dick, i missed the early bird special. Is there any seats available up front? :popcorn:

Your seedling mix is definitely soiless, check your Ph down to hydro levels. That looks like some perfect soiless mix that you've concocted. :thumb: these ladies are going to like that stuff, you'll see. A little less watering then hempies I'm sure. It acts almost like soil but is very much hydro, you could even have a drip system and have trouble overwatering. Looks to me that your off to a fine start, I'll be in my seat if any questions arise. Good to have you back posting Dick,

KIG :green_heart:cheers

I really like old hardwood. I'm deprived in my house. I got laminate that is meant to look like tile.... shit stuff. Have to remodel a bathroom right aeay and pretty much the rest of the house but I want a acreage.... first gotta stop spending all my money on my grows. You got my house beat by 60yrs. Guy down the road bought his new for 17,000.... compared to the almost 300,000 that I had to buy mine for tis crazy shit.

I like it to really, it does look nice. Our living room is also hardwood like that but a birch or maple. Problem is the floor is now bowed because some supports in the basement weren't put in properly and there's tons of gaps in all of it, dust and dirt collects super bad. An acreage sure would be nice though, I like the privacy. Once we move back home to Nova Scotia there will be 5 to 10 acres back in the woods somewhere but still accessible to the main world lol

Thanks for stopping in dirt, glad to have ya here :) I am still trying to get over to your journals though, I have lots of catching up to do around this place.

Hey Dick, i missed the early bird special. Is there any seats available up front? :popcorn:

Your seedling mix is definitely soiless, check your Ph down to hydro levels. That looks like some perfect soiless mix that you've concocted. :thumb: these ladies are going to like that stuff, you'll see. A little less watering then hempies I'm sure. It acts almost like soil but is very much hydro, you could even have a drip system and have trouble overwatering. Looks to me that your off to a fine start, I'll be in my seat if any questions arise. Good to have you back posting Dick,

KIG :green_heart:cheers

OK good to know! Nothing will change to drastically this time around aside from the frequency of watering, there was lots of watering involved with my hempys in the basement, every 2 days the first month then I could get away with 3 or 4 during flower. I pre-soaked the soil with RO water but not drenched and them babies are thriving already, update to come. Thanks for coming over and the help so far, glad to have ya around here, you're truely a great help in this community!

**Update time!!**

Well hello again folks, today was an exciting day in the garden, the anticipation started last night before bed when I checked on the seedlings. When I looked last night (830pm lights out at 9) I could see the hash plant just starting to push thru the dirt and showing it's stem but still bent over with its head in the ground, no sign of dutch treat at the time. I got up in the morning and checked on them (530am lights on at 5) the hash plant was nearly 1" tall and dutch treat was about 1/2", neither of them had helmets on, shedded them in the dirt I guess.

Got home this afternoon and checked on them around 2pm, they had grown again a little bit. I now have the lights moved even closer in hopes to stop these babies from stretching on me, I will bury as much stem as I can :) So here they are in all their glory!!

CB Dutch Treat

Hash Plant

I have a feeling I will be in for a big shock in the growth rate of these plants compared to the hempy buckets I used last time. There's no waiting for those roots to hit the reservoirs and no need to water so often! I'm sure I will save quite a bit by not having to fill so many jugs with RO water haha :thumb:

I am liking the tent setup so far with it being upstairs, I have windows I can work with if needed, it's a more steady and lower humidity level where I can easily raise it when needed like during the veg stage. I will still need to wait on exhaust equipment but I have the fans and again the windows this time, I'm sure they will do just fine. I also like that once I get the tent all sealed off I can use the bigger side of the room for flowering, and if I get to filled up there is a small closet I could use for cloning and starting seedlings :) Bonus!

Thanks all for stopping by once again, things are finally getting started in here!! Be prepared for lots more to come, especially once the flower side gets kicked into action. I think I might go and grab some cfl bulbs and sockets to rig up more light in the veg tent since I only have 100w right now. Also, a buddy of mine said he has an extra 1000w hps setup and light track... it could get interesting around here finally haha

See you all again soon :) :thanks:

Subbin up bro. Nice floors.

Phrum the light room.

Subbin up bro. Nice floors.

Phrum the light room.

Hey man, glad to have ya here. This journal should be bombing right along in a few weeks once I get something else started to go along with these babies. Thanks for stopping by, see you again soon!

Long time no see! Thanks for stopping by and letting us know about this journal. Good to see ya again bud!

Welcome back joint. :passitleft:

Wowzers, you were fast on that one haha. Thanks a lot for coming over, hopefully it will get more interesting in the next couple weeks are I will be popping more beans :)

:passitleft:

High dick! Are those the beans you won for the 7/10 comp? Really interested in the hash plant. Our CB Dutch treat took a bit to get growing at a good rate, almost as if she needed an awesome set of roots before growing. She is being a good girl now though. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom