Dick23rk's Tent Grow: Blue Dream Auto, Mantis Nutrients, 2 x BestvaLED P1000

Good day folks and welcome to my new grow tent. Some of you may already know me, for those that don't, I'm Dick, and it's a pleasure to meet you all. I'm from Saskatchewan, Canada and have been growing indoors for 5 or 6 years now. This is my first time growing in an actual grow tent, I purchased it from a friend of mine that used it once. I placed it in my 10x12 grow room for now to have as another space to keep a perpetual grow going, but starting a new journal for this grow as I will flower the plants we are going to grow, in that tent. This is not a sponsored grow, but using lots of sponsored products. So, lets have a look at what we will be doing in here, what equipment we will be using, and any other info I can think of to relay right now.

Grow Space(s)
- 10' x 12' vented grow room in the basement - being used to flower at the moment in another journal
- 5' x 4' Vipar Spectra grow tent with propagation section - 1' x 4' seedling, 4' x 4' veg/flower
- Lighting - 2 x 54w T5's for seedlings - 2 x BestvaLED P1000 panels for veg/flower
- Furnace blower for main room exhaust on a speed controller, 6" in-line duct fan for propagation, may purchase another exhaust for the tent
- Fans available are a 6" and an 18" oscillating
- Any other equipment used will be outlined later
- Unsure of temps/rh yet, still testing. RH will be low until spring sets in with moisture, in need of a good humidifier soon to

Strain Being Grown
- 4 x Blue Dream Auto by Garden of Green Seeds - description from their website
Medical benefits: Great for social anxiety, stress relief, and relaxation, also sedative in larger quantities
Genetic Background: Sativa Dominant Hybrid
Lineage: Blue Dream x Auto Haze
Yield Indoor: 450g/m2
Yield outdoor: 300g per plant
Flower Time: 9 – 10 weeks
Flower Time: Outdoor all year round in greenhouse
Height: 90 – 120cm
THC 20% CBD 0.5%

Nutrients, Water and Medium
- Mantis Buffered Nutrients - All-in-one 1.5-2.7-2.3 - 1 bottle and same dose through the whole grow, that's it. 5ml/L
- GH CaliMagic will be used at 1-2ml per gallon prior to nutrients being mixed in due to water
- Reverse Osmosis water - this is why we add calmag supplement
- ProMix HP mixed with Sunshine #4 to start, need to find more ProMix, both peat based with sunshine having more water retention

So now, we get to sit and play the waiting game. I got 4 seeds soaking in paper towels right now waiting to pop, these should be fairly fresh seeds with no issues, but they were freebies, so we will see. Once they crack and appear to be poking out a tap root, they will go into jiffy peat pellets. Then they will be placed on a tray with a humidity dome and placed in the propagation side of the tent under the T5 lights. Lights will stay on for 24hrs a day until we see good roots poking out of the peat pods and are put into containers.

That's about it to start it off I suppose. Next few days will likely be slow going but I will be around to answer anyone's questions that they may have. So pull up a chair, bring a doobie and lets chat! Thanks to everyone who stops by. Have a great day and keep it green out there!

Hell yeah brotherrrrrrr
Great to have ya hashfart. Should be rocking soon.
Hey @dick23rk
I’m in if it’s ok with you?
Tent looks smart, love the propagation section..
I’ll watch quietly from the sides.
Always alright. No restrictions here bud!
I really like the propagation as well, that's what sold me on it.
No need to be quiet, speak up if ya got a suggestion or question man, no worries.

**Quick Update**

Hey there everyone. Hope you're all having a good Monday! I though I would stop by to keep the journal moving while we wait for some real action.

Today we had 1 seed split and shoot out the tap root quite a ways. I had looked last night and there was nothing, this afternoon tap root was fully out and searching for water. Silly me forgot to take a picture of the seed before putting it into the peat pods, but here it is sitting in the tent under a dome. The other peat pods are sitting and staying warm for the next ones to pop.

And since these will be in my tent on the bottom of the propagation side, some of our early start on the veggie garden got done today. What a perfect place to put these trays lol

That's it for now I guess. I'll let you know when the next seed gets planted? Lol
Have a great day

**Pre Update?**

Hey again everyone. Dropping in with a premature update I guess you could say? :laughtwo:
Hope you're all doing well, let's see what happened today.

It appears as though the 3 other seeds are having a rough time cracking open. I believe it was Saturday night I put the seeds in paper towel, so it's been 3 days now and only 1 cracked right away in less than 2 days, which is usually the norm for me. I pulled out the 3 seeds, gave them a little slice along the seam with a hobby knife and placed them into a cup of RO water with a little h2o2. They sunk, then floated, then drifted around and floated again. I will leave them to soak for 3 or 4 hours before going back to the paper overnight. By the time I took this picture 1 had sunk.

And... I left the exciting news til the end...

We got a baby breaking ground! This will be #1 surfacing and turning upright later tonight. I will consider tomorrow day 1 for this plant as it's already evening here and it's not quite out yet. Once it's up it will be planted into its final home... which I have not decided on yet, I'd better get on that.

If I see no signs of the seeds cracking open by tomorrow morning, I do have 4 more I can toss in. I don't normally soak the seeds first anymore but maybe I should. We will are that decision in the morning though. I'd like to know how many I'll have before deciding on container size.

That's it for now, I got some figuring to do and containers or fabric pots to find around here. Take care and chat soon! Keep it green out there.

Well.. this morning was no different. Still no cracked seeds. For some reason it's not surprising because they were freebies, but I jinxed myself in the first post saying they should be fairly fresh seeds lol

So I put in the other 4 I had left just in case. If we end up with 8 plants, so be it. I added a little more warm water to the papertowel, set on top of the Xbox and I'm off to work for the day. Will check them when I get home and see what's happening. We should also see the new baby in the tent today as well, lights weren't on yet this morning.

Well.. this morning was no different. Still no cracked seeds. For some reason it's not surprising because they were freebies, but I jinxed myself in the first post saying they should be fairly fresh seeds lol

So I put in the other 4 I had left just in case. If we end up with 8 plants, so be it. I added a little more warm water to the papertowel, set on top of the Xbox and I'm off to work for the day. Will check them when I get home and see what's happening. We should also see the new baby in the tent today as well, lights weren't on yet this morning.

I'm hoping to see some beans pop up when I get home today , I think you got this brother , don't pull a hash fart and end up with too many plants haha I was reading a really fine grit emery cloth to scuff up the end of beans does wonders

I'm hoping to see some beans pop up when I get home today , I think you got this brother , don't pull a hash fart and end up with too many plants haha I was reading a really fine grit emery cloth to scuff up the end of beans does wonders
Thanks hashfart, I'm hoping so too. I had thought about scuffing them but instead I did what I've done before and took a hobby knife/scalpel and made a fine slice along the seam of each seed in hopes that would help. Will see what happens, I don't think If I got 8 of them that it would be too much, I'll train the crap out of them and supercrop of I have to haha.

Hey brother, looking great, ill pull up a chair if you don't mind!

:passitleft::popcorn:
Thanks rexer! Of course I don't mind, you're the one who suggested seeing me do some autos. It's been a while since I've done any.
Yup! Count me in! I want to see what those Bestvas do for you on the autos. I haven't tried autos before. After the GSC grow is completed, that is what will be going in next!
Certainly BA. I'm hoping they perform decent. These seedlings will only be under the bestva as soon as they're planted into the containers, so there will be one going in there tonight.

**Update - Day 1**

Hello everyone and welcome to all that have stopped in to sub up to my new journal. Today finally marks the first day there is a plant in the tent, only 1 so far, but she will be mighty. I worked pretty late today at a temporary side job so I didn't get the time I needed in the garden by the time I got home to get this plant in dirt as well as feed all my other plants in flower. So of course I got this plant done and rushed to feed a few others that needed it.

I decided to go with some 5 gallon grow bags that I had kicking around, there's 6 of them, I've only ever grown with them the once. If I do happen to end up with 8 plants then I will find a couple other containers, but it's not looking good so far on the beans. Hoping tomorrow shows better signs with the extra ones I put in, or any for that matter.

So after I got all of the peat mix into the fabric pot, I made up a mix of nutrients, the same nutrient mix I'm feeding my flowering plants, imagine that. Once mixed, I took 2 liters and slowly presoaked the medium before planting the seedling in it's forever home. Planting is easy for autos when using peat pods to start, as soon as it breaks ground just plop the pellet in a hole and cover. I also like to cover the plants with a dome during this stage until they at least outgrow it. The plant is now under the 2 x P1000 light panels from bestva, they are both only turned up a little ways past the on position for now.

That's about it for tonight, I gotta smoke a doobie or 2 and get ready for bed, back out to work again tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be back a little earlier to get things done in here. Here's the pics for tonight, take care everyone and chat again tomorrow I'm sure!

:yahoo: Yay! 2 more seeds popped and were showing tap roots when I got home today. And again, I'm really bad at getting those pictures of the seeds. I just really want to get them in the dirt apparently lol

The 2 that cracked were not any of the 3 that were from the first drop. They were 2 from the one's I put in yesterday morning. A couple of them still look hopeful, but I will keep them warm and soaking to see if they ever pop. Being freebies who knows right.

So, no pictures for tonight since it was a late day for me again and had to feed all the other plants I have going. I'll be back tomorrow with an update on the 1 wee baby and see if there's anything else that's changed. Have a great night folks, keep it green out there!

Good day folks and welcome to my new grow tent. Some of you may already know me, for those that don't, I'm Dick, and it's a pleasure to meet you all. I'm from Saskatchewan, Canada and have been growing indoors for 5 or 6 years now. This is my first time growing in an actual grow tent, I purchased it from a friend of mine that used it once. I placed it in my 10x12 grow room for now to have as another space to keep a perpetual grow going, but starting a new journal for this grow as I will flower the plants we are going to grow, in that tent. This is not a sponsored grow, but using lots of sponsored products. So, lets have a look at what we will be doing in here, what equipment we will be using, and any other info I can think of to relay right now.

Grow Space(s)
- 10' x 12' vented grow room in the basement - being used to flower at the moment in another journal
- 5' x 4' Vipar Spectra grow tent with propagation section - 1' x 4' seedling, 4' x 4' veg/flower
- Lighting - 2 x 54w T5's for seedlings - 2 x BestvaLED P1000 panels for veg/flower
- Furnace blower for main room exhaust on a speed controller, 6" in-line duct fan for propagation, may purchase another exhaust for the tent
- Fans available are a 6" and an 18" oscillating
- Any other equipment used will be outlined later
- Unsure of temps/rh yet, still testing. RH will be low until spring sets in with moisture, in need of a good humidifier soon to

Strain Being Grown
- 4 x Blue Dream Auto by Garden of Green Seeds - description from their website
Medical benefits: Great for social anxiety, stress relief, and relaxation, also sedative in larger quantities
Genetic Background: Sativa Dominant Hybrid
Lineage: Blue Dream x Auto Haze
Yield Indoor: 450g/m2
Yield outdoor: 300g per plant
Flower Time: 9 – 10 weeks
Flower Time: Outdoor all year round in greenhouse
Height: 90 – 120cm
THC 20% CBD 0.5%

Nutrients, Water and Medium
- Mantis Buffered Nutrients - All-in-one 1.5-2.7-2.3 - 1 bottle and same dose through the whole grow, that's it. 5ml/L
- GH CaliMagic will be used at 1-2ml per gallon prior to nutrients being mixed in due to water
- Reverse Osmosis water - this is why we add calmag supplement
- ProMix HP mixed with Sunshine #4 to start, need to find more ProMix, both peat based with sunshine having more water retention

So now, we get to sit and play the waiting game. I got 4 seeds soaking in paper towels right now waiting to pop, these should be fairly fresh seeds with no issues, but they were freebies, so we will see. Once they crack and appear to be poking out a tap root, they will go into jiffy peat pellets. Then they will be placed on a tray with a humidity dome and placed in the propagation side of the tent under the T5 lights. Lights will stay on for 24hrs a day until we see good roots poking out of the peat pods and are put into containers.

That's about it to start it off I suppose. Next few days will likely be slow going but I will be around to answer anyone's questions that they may have. So pull up a chair, bring a doobie and lets chat! Thanks to everyone who stops by. Have a great day and keep it green out there!
Are you sure they're auto's? The label on the bag or seeds says fem.

Back
Top Bottom