Dick's 400W Soil SDiesel & SBubblegum 2011 Grow

RichardLiquor

Hello Friends!
I would like to share my first successful grow with you. I had one plant last year but got root rot due to not transplanting soon enough.

Here is the info for my new grow:
What Strain is it?: I have Sour Diesel and Sour Bubblegum clones
How many plants?: 6
Is it in Veg or Flower: I am currently at the 8th week of flower
Veg: it was vegged from June 9th - July 15th
Flower: from July 15th to present
Indoor or outdoor?: Indoor
Soil or Hydro: Soil
Soil type: Fox Farms Ocean Forest mixed with Vermont Compost Company soil
Pot size: Flowering in 3 gallon pots
Size of light: 400W
Aircooled?: Yes
Temp of cab?: between 78-84F
RH or cab?: 50%
PH: usually around 6
Pests: None
How often are you watering?: every 3-4 days
Type and strength of ferts used?: I used FF soil ferts at half strength one feeding and stopped using them, I give molasses every 3rd feeding.

well welcome! Don't know if you have been around here before, but if so then you already know what a great community this is. So many helpful and wonderful souls with a vast amount of knowlegde should you need any.

so you are almost done with this one.... any pics perhaps?!?
Are you starting a new grow by chance? I can only assume you are by you starting this thread.
once again welcome and glad you started a journal!
If you have any questions please ask
:peace:

Now on with the pictures!
I am using an armoir for stealth reasons
2011-06-13_22-46-33_289.jpg

2011-06-13_22-46-21_205.jpg

I started off with 12 clones, 6 Sour Diesel and 6 Sour Bubblegum
2011-06-09_20-43-26_153.jpg

A few weeks into veg:
2011-06-22_17-52-41_448.jpg

A few weeks later now in 3 gallon pots (I had to ditch 4 plants, kept one of each as mothers):
2011-07-03_19-04-06_370.jpg

I had to make a Mother/Clone cab so I could begin Flowering:
2011-07-15_16-45-49_193.jpg

That is a 2' T5 in there
2011-07-20_20-02-21_873.jpg

Now the girls are in flower
2011-08-10_18-04-35_6.jpg

2011-08-10_18-04-45_761.jpg

2011-08-26_18-42-34_772.jpg

I plan on harvesting the Sour Diesel this weekend and the Sour Bubblegum in two weeks. I will update with harvesting pics soon!

Thanks for stopping by MSquared!
This is a new grow technically but it only has a few weeks left. I have more pictures but I got lazy and didn't want to resize and upload them all. I should have more updates soon, I actually chopped one of the SD's last night because it was a runt. I think it will only yield 7-14 grams dried, which is a lot less than i expected but that plant didn't have enough soil in the pot and didn't recieve enough light.

If anyone wants to comment or give me advice feel free. I'm still learning here and appreciate all the information that is given to me.

One thing I want to stress about this grow is that it was done without ferts. I gave them ONE feeding a few weeks into flower and since they looked good I didn't want to kill them since I really didn't know what I was doing. These plants are strictly on tap water and molasses. Thank you and enjoy! :thanks:

Thanks for stopping by MSquared!
This is a new grow technically but it only has a few weeks left. I have more pictures but I got lazy and didn't want to resize and upload them all. I should have more updates soon, I actually chopped one of the SD's last night because it was a runt. I think it will only yield 7-14 grams dried, which is a lot less than i expected but that plant didn't have enough soil in the pot and didn't recieve enough light.

If anyone wants to comment or give me advice feel free. I'm still learning here and appreciate all the information that is given to me.

One thing I want to stress about this grow is that it was done without ferts. I gave them ONE feeding a few weeks into flower and since they looked good I didn't want to kill them since I really didn't know what I was doing. These plants are strictly on tap water and molasses. Thank you and enjoy! :thanks:

Not a problem. what kind of light is that in your FLR room/cab?

I am not a big fan of nutes per say. I like to build my soil so there is really no need of nutes. A tea a couple of times during flr is about all they need.
make sure that molasses is blackstrap unsulphured.
Otherwise looking good. remember the key to any successful grow is to be able to completely control their environment.

I have a 400W lumatek switchable ballast. So I ran a MH during veg then switched to HPS for flower.
I might try some nutes on my next plant. I just didn't start using them until they were in flower so I said F it, I won't use them this run. As for molasses, I'm using the hi-brix solution you get from any grow store.

I have a 400W lumatek switchable ballast. So I ran a MH during veg then switched to HPS for flower.
I might try some nutes on my next plant. I just didn't start using them until they were in flower so I said F it, I won't use them this run. As for molasses, I'm using the hi-brix solution you get from any grow store.

sounds great all the way around.
my lsat run was almost like yours in a way. this run is way diff. and I love it.

You are doing great. one other note is be careful using sponges as collars. they can collect bacteria (not the good kind) and stem rot your ladies.
Just a thought.

Great lookin and can't wait for the rest

:peace: brother

Yea, I only had one clone root out of 10 and now the sponges are moldy :(

I need to get another material for the clones. I was just trying to do this as low budget as I could. I think I have only put about $500-700 in this grow. Which seems like a lot but it was staggered. I bought things as I needed them.

I'm chopping the Sour Diesel's today! I will have updates Monday at the latest. Wish me luck.

LUCK is not needed but going to send you all the good vibes I can!

:yahoo: LUCK :yahoo:

I hope she is everything you hoped her to be!
Just remember to keep your hands and equipment sterile as possible during the process, I use vinyl gloves when I trim and a ton of alcohol wipes to keep my equip clean. I just couldn't imagine going through the whole run and ruin do to something that was on my hands of equip. just my 2 cents.

Have a good one!

Thanks MSquared, I just bought a second pair of fiskar snips and I got my gloves and alcohol wipes ready. I think I'm going to trim and then hang the buds in cardboard boxes inside my grow cab. My 2 sour bubblegums still have a few weeks left so I can't just shut off the light and hang the buds in there, and I chopped one sour D that was a runt and didn't yeild SH*T on Monday and my place stinks :bitingnails: Gotta keep the smell to a minimum. Luckily that was the only runt in the group, I'm hoping to yeild at least an ounce per plant. Which isn't asking for much since this is my first successful grow.

Now I'm just waiting for 5 O'clock so I can speed home and get some real work done.

Edit: I forgot to note the reason my place stinks was because I just hung that one "runt" plant in my basement and without a filter the smell traveled through my place quickly. I have a filter attached to my cab so if they go in there = no smell!

Thanks MSquared, I just bought a second pair of fiskar snips and I got my gloves and alcohol wipes ready. I think I'm going to trim and then hang the buds in cardboard boxes inside my grow cab. My 2 sour bubblegums still have a few weeks left so I can't just shut off the light and hang the buds in there, and I chopped one sour D that was a runt and didn't yeild SH*T on Monday and my place stinks :bitingnails: Gotta keep the smell to a minimum. Luckily that was the only runt in the group, I'm hoping to yeild at least an ounce per plant. Which isn't asking for much since this is my first successful grow.

Now I'm just waiting for 5 O'clock so I can speed home and get some real work done.

Edit: I forgot to note the reason my place stinks was because I just hung that one "runt" plant in my basement and without a filter the smell traveled through my place quickly. I have a filter attached to my cab so if they go in there = no smell!

:rofl: tick tock well its getting closer... good luck and sounds like a great plan. smells are tough to get through. my flr room is filtered as well, but sometimes I can smell veg, so I put ordor absorbing gels in there with them and they work great!
Have a great weekend!

I got the ONA jel upstairs in my place which has been working, but I'm hoping with the buds drying in the filtered cab and the jel I should be all set with smells.

Harvest Time!!

Here we go, I chopped and harvested 3 Sour Diesel plants on 9-16. I only have 2 sour bubblegums left in the armoir.
Had a couple friends over, we smoked, drank, and trimmed. It was a fun 4 hours.

Here are the main cola's on one of my plants
2011-09-16_20-48-51_689.jpg

As you can see, the plant cannot even stand up. The buds are just falling over.
2011-09-16_21-28-56_679.jpg

Here is one plant just hanging over the cutting table
2011-09-16_21-32-55_891.jpg

Here is the first plant after trimming:
2011-09-16_21-36-14_299.jpg

Same picture but with a utility knife for perspective
2011-09-16_21-36-30_761.jpg

here is the second plant after trim:
2011-09-16_22-18-44_269.jpg

Last plant after trim:
2011-09-16_22-47-15_696.jpg

Everything hanging up:
2011-09-16_23-52-52_35.jpg

This bud looks really good. I can't wait for it to be finished!
2011-09-16_22-16-01_717.jpg

I didnt bother to weight the buds wet. I will update with dry weight in a week or two.

Ok let me give you an update on whats been going on.

I harvested 3 Sour Diesels on 9/16
I hung the buds in cardboard boxes with airholes cut
They felt really dry so I put them straight into jars on 9/19
While burping the jars I noticed a lot more moisture than before so I pulled the buds out of the jars and put them into paper bags 9/21
I plan on pulling the buds out of the bag today if they are dry again but i might give them one more day and then back into the jars with them.

I weighed the buds last night and had about 60 grams, which is a lot less than what I had expected but hey, you live and you learn.

I have 2 sour bubblegum plants that have about 2 weeks left until harvest. They look like they might have 2 ounces on them.

The buds were placed in jars on 9/23. I have been burping daily and last night i could finally smell that sour deisel I have been waiting for. I think I might have harvested early as it gives me a light energetic high, no couch lock at all. It's different but next time I will give it another week.
As for the Sour BubbleGum plants, they will be taken down next week end. Since I harvested the Diesel early I want to make sure I don't do the same thing with these girls. Once they are done drying I have 3 clones ready to go in the grow cab.

I will update again after I harvest the Bubblegums.

The buds were placed in jars on 9/23. I have been burping daily and last night i could finally smell that sour deisel I have been waiting for. I think I might have harvested early as it gives me a light energetic high, no couch lock at all. It's different but next time I will give it another week.
As for the Sour BubbleGum plants, they will be taken down next week end. Since I harvested the Diesel early I want to make sure I don't do the same thing with these girls. Once they are done drying I have 3 clones ready to go in the grow cab.

I will update again after I harvest the Bubblegums.

:welldone:

Do you by chance have a loupe or scope to check your trichs?
If so what did they look like and if not they are very inexpensive and could make all the difference at havest time.

But really :goodjob:

MSquared:
I have the cheap 60x-100x microscope from radio shack. When I harvested most of the trichs were cloudy, only a few were amber, lets say like 5-10%. I believe I should have allowed at least 20% to turn amber. Am I correct on that?

Thanks for your input! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom