Dick's 400W Soil SDiesel & SBubblegum 2011 Grow

MSquared:
I have the cheap 60x-100x microscope from radio shack. When I harvested most of the trichs were cloudy, only a few were amber, lets say like 5-10%. I believe I should have allowed at least 20% to turn amber. Am I correct on that?

Thanks for your input! :thanks:

Hey it may be cheap, but if you can see your trichs then thats all it needs to do, there is no reason to spend all kinds of $$$ on one.

yes I am a believer in the 20% range of amber for that really good couch lock, you just don't want to wait to long so the amber trichs don't start to fall over as those are no longer as good and are on the downside.

Sounds like with what you have with 5 - 10% a good cure is all they will need and you will get that effect!

Nice Job!

:peace:

I was getting impatient this weekend and was close to chopping the BubbleGums. Let me tell you how glad I am that I changed my mind. It looks like they swelled up again and I swear more triches appeared. These buds are FROSTY!
2011-09-30_18-04-57_818.jpg

2011-09-30_18-05-09_637.jpg

One more week!:grinjoint:

Alright boys and girls!

I harvested the last bubblegums in the group and damn were they producers. From the looks of it, I pulled more off these 2 than I did off the 3 Diesels. Hopefully I will get 3-4 jars filled. I only took one picture, sorry folks.

2011-10-08_23-34-07_332.jpg

I should have final weights this weekend and then this journal is done! Unless I update with what I plan on doing with my trimmings....

Alright boys and girls!

I harvested the last bubblegums in the group and damn were they producers. From the looks of it, I pulled more off these 2 than I did off the 3 Diesels. Hopefully I will get 3-4 jars filled. I only took one picture, sorry folks.

I should have final weights this weekend and then this journal is done! Unless I update with what I plan on doing with my trimmings....

Nice Job! :bravo:

Just overall some pretty good work.
You could always leave the journal going for your next run, unless you are not growing for a while. Just a thought.

Can't wait for the final numbers. I hope you are happy with them :)

Thanks MS, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep going with this journal or start a new one yet. I'm doing another grow soon, I'm not sure if i want to flower my clones or mothers though.

Anyway, Here are some pictures of the Sour BubbleGum after drying. These were the small buds that I put on a screen and they just came out of the paper bags and I had a small photo session before they were jarred. The larger buds are still in paperbags.

2011-10-12_17-50-33_519.jpg

This picture caught all the trichs, looks amazing!
2011-10-12_17-50-43_937.jpg

All the buds are out of the bags and now jarred!
I didn't weigh them but im sure its close to an ounce a jar (fluffy buds).
2011-10-13_22-25-01_651.jpg

7 jars!!!!! So total with 6 plants I ended up with around 10 jars (10 ounces give or take). So my roughly calculated grams per watt is 0.7, which I think is really good for the little amount of money I have invested. I'm very happy with this grow. I exceeded my expectations and got some really good bud. I can't wait to see what I am capable of next.

I might keep this thread going since i will be running this same grow again just with nutes this time.

I just got some new clones over the weekend. I guess i will keep this journal going. The set up is almost exactly the same as before:
What Strain is it?: Sour Bubble
How many plants?: 2
Is it in Veg or Flower: Clone/Veg
Veg: Just got it on Oct. 23
Indoor or outdoor?: Indoor
Soil or Hydro: Soil
Soil type: ProMix
Pot size: In 1 gallon root maker pots
Size of light: 400W
Aircooled?: Yes
Temp of cab?: between 78-84F
RH or cab?: 50%
PH: usually around 6
Pests: None
How often are you watering?: every 3-4 days
Type and strength of ferts used?: I used FF soil ferts at half strength one feeding and stopped using them, I give molasses every 3rd feeding.

I plan on doing a lot of LST on these two. here they are as of yesterday:
2011-10-23_19-27-39_605.jpg

So it has been a few weeks and I haven't updated, I apologize. I have some new girls living with me as of last night. A buddy had to get rid of two plants that are in airpots and are already 2 feet tall. I put them in the cab last night and put them into flower since I do have height restrictions.
2011-11-09_20-49-14_130.jpg

2011-11-09_20-49-24_432.jpg

Hey MSquared, do you think that 2 T5's will keep the two smaller plants alive and in veg for 2 months? I don't want to flower them at the moment but I don't have many options.

Hey MSquared, do you think that 2 T5's will keep the two smaller plants alive and in veg for 2 months? I don't want to flower them at the moment but I don't have many options.

hey there and welcome back. :thumb:
Yeah I think they will do just fine, You said you have 2 what are they exactly 2', 4', 2 bulb or 4.

You may need only one depending if you are strict about the 2 months time table. You will see the plants will like those T5s for veg.

How close do you have the lights to them and what are your height restrictions?

Thanks MSquared, you seem to be one of the few people interested in my grow. I appreciate it, thank you.

Curerntly I have 1 two foot T2. I was going to add another one since they are cheap. I have a 3 foot limit in the cab with the T5's. The T5 is mounted on the roof of the cab so I cannot move them, I was planning on elevating the plants instead.

Thanks MSquared, you seem to be one of the few people interested in my grow. I appreciate it, thank you.

Curerntly I have 1 two foot T2. I was going to add another one since they are cheap. I have a 3 foot limit in the cab with the T5's. The T5 is mounted on the roof of the cab so I cannot move them, I was planning on elevating the plants instead.

sounds like a good plan and no problem. If you want more traffic you should get out there on others journal's as well :) that is how I started getting some traffic. :thumb:

I take it the one T5 you have is a 2 bulb version (please correct me if I am wrong). It should be fine to veg them over the couple of months. How old and tall are they now? and you will want to ask yourself if you want them bigger by the end of the 2 months, you will want to add another one in a month and try keeping them only a couple inches away from the bulbs. If you want them to stay kind of where they are keep them a little farther away.

Keep it up and keep what you are doing
Talk to you soon

You are correct about the T5 conversion. They come with a cable to you can attach 2 lights together so they only use one power cord. The plants I want to keep in veg are clones that are less than a month old. They are close to a foot tall including the pot. I'm picking up the second T5 today and doing some work on the cabs tomorrow. I will update with pictures again on Monday.

Update: The two big girls are alone and have been switched to 12/12

The smaller ones have been put into the other cab with one T5 at the moment, I wil be getting another one soon (they are stretching for light in there)

New pics!
2011-11-16_00-13-05_515.jpg

2011-11-16_00-12-55_868.jpg

TaylorMade, thanks for the compliments. I didn't end up weighing it all but I weighed 3 of the 10 jars and they were around 23 grams ±3 grams. So I estimated close to an ounce a jar. :thanks:

Hello all! It has been a while but work has been keeping me busy. The girls are doing great. I started to flower them once I got them. They have started budding and I'm currently giving them 1/2 strength FF nutes and some molasses. Not much else has changed.
2011-11-30_02-33-01_843.jpg

Don't mind the leaves that look deformed, I topped her when I got her and some of the leaves are only half leaves. I will update again soon, I promise!

Not much to say at this point. They are being fed once a week with 1/2 stregnth nutes still. They look great!
2011-12-04_22-29-25_42.jpg

2011-12-04_22-29-34_587.jpg

They are coming along nicely. I can't wait since my stash is running low :ganjamon:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom