Did anyone use Mars-Hydro PAR38 LED for rooting clones?

Skullman420

I have a question regarding the PAR 38 bulbs from Mars-Hydro. I have received a little different response from here and there. Some people insist the light spectrum won't work for rooting clones (460nm, 660nm), while others say it works fine. I read some scientific articles claiming the red and blue spectrum used in these bulbs actually improve rooting. I can however not afford to fuck it up so I would love to know if anyone actually successfully rooted clones with these or similar bulbs.

par38.jpg

Dude, you'll be fine. I root in T5s. Most important thing aside from light when cloning is having a heatmat and a dome for your tray. Clones gotta eat and need the humid conditions to do so. Once they're rooted and transplanted see how the bulbs work out for you. If you need more you can easily supplement with a CFL or more Mars bulbs...

Sent from my SM-N900T using --------

I'd say your biggest issue will be finding a good height for the light's. You want to be careful with that. Could be 6 inches, could be 8, shit, could be 4? Other then that, you should be good.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your grow medium?

Sent from my SM-N900T using --------

The par38 lights were designed for supplement lighting during flowering (red to blue ratio is way to far red). It would be like growing a plant with a flowering spectrum hps or a 2700k cfl. I can do a bag seed in a 1L pot if you would like to see the growth but I already know it'll be a stretchy mess.

yeah, I think so too. It's just - I have 3 of them and would like to find a use for them

Point them at the main cola on a plant each I can't really see them changing much since they have a total draw wattage of 13 :) but guess can't hurt I had it pointed straight down towards that one bud in the corner that would of normally been cut off for not enough light only was maybe 3 grams on the bud :rofl:
I could try to grow and flower a plant with em I got two of the par38s as well
20161029_164333.jpg

Back
Top Bottom