Did Covid 19 impact cannabis consumption?

How was your cannabis consumption impacted with COVID?

• Consumption increased

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Consumption decreased

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • More or less remained the same

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

daviswilliam22

420 Member
Hi, I'm William. I like to call myself an MMJ and CBD enthusiast. And that enthusiasm brings curiosity. My recent curiosity is understanding if COVID-19 impacted the cannabis consumption pattern. It is a simple yes, no, or maybe answer if you could help me with. I've read a lot of papers on the same but would love to hear from you guys.

This will be interesting. Let's see what you guys have to say.

Hi, I'm William. I like to call myself an MMJ and CBD enthusiast. And that enthusiasm brings curiosity. My recent curiosity is understanding if COVID-19 impacted the cannabis consumption pattern. It is a simple yes, no, or maybe answer if you could help me with. I've read a lot of papers on the same but would love to hear from you guys.

This will be interesting. Let's see what you guys have to say.
Hi @daviswilliam22 , personally my response is "no" to your question. Having said that though, I have cut back on my consumption, not due to covid but due to smoking too much and too often, consequently we (wife and I) found we are not getting the "buzz" we use to get when our pot accessibility was not as readily available as it is since retirement and growing our own.

Good luck on your survey and hope find the answers that will satisfy your curiosity.

Almost forget, welcome to our forum. I have participated in various forums for a number of years and here at 420 I'm sure you will find the satisfaction and answers you are looking for. In addition, don't be a stranger and be sure to share some of that savvy of yours.

garybo.

dispensary businesses in canada reported an uptick in sales at the height of the lockdowns. there were even short term shortages although there is a glut of product. that was a while a go now though.

at my house, consumption dropped down to almost nothing while we had covid. I personally didnt have the energy and since my taste and smell was "off", I didn't enjoy smoking my product. I did try a few times during the 15 days or so that I was sick, but it just wasn't that enjoyable, and it seemed to make the headache worse.

Since then, I have redoubled my effort to smoke my medicine, and maybe that is what the dispensary was seeing... those people trying to catch up and get their tolerance levels back up to where it felt comfortable again?

Hi @daviswilliam22 , personally my response is "no" to your question. Having said that though, I have cut back on my consumption, not due to covid but due to smoking too much and too often, consequently we (wife and I) found we are not getting the "buzz" we use to get when our pot accessibility was not as readily available as it is since retirement and growing our own.

Good luck on your survey and hope find the answers that will satisfy your curiosity.

Almost forget, welcome to our forum. I have participated in various forums for a number of years and here at 420 I'm sure you will find the satisfaction and answers you are looking for. In addition, don't be a stranger and be sure to share some of that savvy of yours.

garybo.
Hi Gary. Thanks for welcoming me. I've heard similar complaints about the drop in the quality/buzz from cannabis in recent years. I'm not a frequent consumer myself hence have to rely on others. :)

The dispensary strains i have tried are low canabinoid or hit hard but fade fast. I grow land strain sativas that the dispensaries do not carry.

The jack Herrer strain is a life saver with covid. It is a bronchial dialator and relieves joint pain. With 7 people in my family getting covid in the last month we have had a massive increase, at least in that strain.

I don't know about consumption but I can tell you that the folks who make ProMix told me that an incredible increase in home cannabis cultivation during lockdown was the reason their product was very hard to find.

i had dozens of folk inquiring if i could help set them up and wound up hosting a few introductory lessons on growing hempy style to a seniors group.

Hi William, we're retired here. I have to wonder what brought on our increase more, the covid lockdown, or being locked down watching democracy get trounced by the very people in charge of taking care of it! Are you a US citizen? As a young person did that bother you daily like it did me? And still does? Those two things have changed our lives for a while in my house. We were smoking like chimneys the whole last year of the last president's term here. Covid or not, maybe that has a weight in this conversation?

Back
Top Bottom