Did I bork my plants?

Remystemple

it's a long a shameful story so i'll skip it. but i accidentally turned on my LED's for about 2 seconds 3 hours into the 6 hour dark cycle.

Are my babies gonna be messed up now? :(

They'll be fine. You only need to worry about photo-period plants when they are in flower. Autoflowers, you don't need to worry about at all, even in flower.

They'll be fine. You only need to worry about photo-period plants when they are in flower. Autoflowers, you don't need to worry about at all, even in flower.

They're not auto's. I'm still too newb for autos.

Irregular Light Cycles: Marijuana plants need 18+ hours of light a day when they're in the vegetative stage of their life, and a 12/12 light schedule when they are in the flowering stage. It's important that any 'start' and 'end' times remain consistent thorughout the grow. It's also imporant that the plants do not get any light during their 'dark period' of 12 hours during the flowering stage. When the plant gets light at inappropriate times, it's possible that the plant will turn 'hermaphrodite' (show signs of being male even though it's female). The light stress may also prevent the plant from providing the best yields even if it shows no symptoms.

what i found from a quick search. omg i'm afraid lmao

"Stuff happens" as the saying goes, or something like that ;) I wouldn't worry about it too much if it was that short, as if that is all it takes for them to herm then it was a genetics issue and they probably would have anyway. And different opinions on everything out there (like much in life), but you can grow with less than 18 hours a day in Veg, as varies on strain but anything over 12 and it won't go into Flower.

"Stuff happens" as the saying goes, or something like that ;) I wouldn't worry about it too much if it was that short, as if that is all it takes for them to herm then it was a genetics issue and they probably would have anyway. And different opinions on everything out there (like much in life), but you can grow with less than 18 hours a day in Veg, as varies on strain but anything over 12 and it won't go into Flower.

Less worried now. Thank you.
I'll keep an eye on them. i'm already seeing the hairs that indicate they're female, as they should be. Hopefully none of them grow balls.

Thanks again..

Less worried now. Thank you.
I'll keep an eye on them. i'm already seeing the hairs that indicate they're female, as they should be. Hopefully none of them grow balls.

Thanks again..

Just try to limit that or not do that, should be fine. Enough stress in life, don't need to add to yours with growing, as part of the learning process for most is an "oops" or "oh crap" at least once or twice, or that is how I usually learn in life most of the time ;) :rofl::rofl:

I have my mother plant sitting under my fish tank. She is on a 16/8 schedule. She also gets any ambient light from my ceiling fixture while I watch tv or get up at night.I have had no hermies. She's in veg not flower. If it was a for sure thing, I would have nothing but hermies.

I think a lot of people or guess at what produces a hermaphrodite, without solid evidence, genetic or otherwise. Most likely it is genetic. There just seem to be a lot of inconsistencies with the anecdotal evidence. This is my personal view at the moment. It is subject to change with further study.

I still have to do much reading on the subject.

I have my mother plant sitting under my fish tank. She is on a 16/8 schedule. She also gets any ambient light from my ceiling fixture while I watch tv or get up at night.I have had no hermies. She's in veg not flower. If it was a for sure thing, I would have nothing but hermies.

I think a lot of people or guess at what produces a hermaphrodite, without solid evidence, genetic or otherwise. Most likely it is genetic. There just seem to be a lot of inconsistencies with the anecdotal evidence. This is my personal view at the moment. It is subject to change with further study.

that makes me feel much better lol. I'm mostly worried about shocking them and losing out of grow time.

I guess to just be more careful in the future....if you are worried about it.

I think you got more stressed than your plants did though.

Bit of an update lol. the room was very cold when the lights came on. 13c i know that's probably not way too cold for them, but at this stage it might have been a bit too cold. the room's been about 17c at night so 4c dif is pretty huge. they don't seem shocked, my little blueberry girl seems a little bit pissed off but i think she'll get over it. she's weird anyway grows 3 sets of leaves instead of 2 hahahaha.

You should switch that to 18/6. No reason to be giving less light.

@MrFortwenty . No real reason to give her more really. For me it's just extra electricity. I end up throwing away (eat) tons of clones already as I can only flower a few at a time. I only have one 2x4 tent. She grows up into the lights weekly. And she is strong, like bull.;)

Back
Top Bottom